Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I got a 74 EUR rate for my stay in two weeks for the Le Meridien Grand Hotel. And I must say, that the breakfast was awesome today, especially for the prepaid rate of 15 EUR.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:42 am

LM: Booked classic room for 74€ per night over the weekend and got upgrade to jr. suite on 4th floor.

So far everything worked smooth

Last edited by charder; Apr 3, 2011 at 8:49 am
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
stayed @ the Arabella Sheraton a few weeks ago while in town for a trade show... second time I have stayed there and it was fantastic! Great rooms (nice and large) and the bathrooms are also more american in size! I have not stayed at the Meridian so I can't really comment but I wouldn't even try simply because I have been so pleased with my stays at the Sheraton so far! Staff is also very warm and welcoming... more than I can say for some other *wood properties in germany... (ahem westin grand munich...)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:53 am

Sheraton: Got upgrade to executive room as hotel has only 5 suites and none of them is a standard one.
Ex. room is pretty big but the hotel is just a normal business hotel without charme like the LM
Bed is also much better at the LM. The sheraton has a joke of mattress which is only 15cm thick and not comfy at all (never ever sweet sleeper). In addition they put boards under it (different type and size on each side of the kingsize bed) to make it more hard.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
My expirience: The LM is better in all aspects. I clearly chose the LM over the Sheraton whem I am in Nürnberg

PS: Both hotels have no club lounge, both hotels have no swimming pool.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I had two more stays in the LM since post 44. My suite upgrade success rate as Plat is 100%. In addition I always get a small snack together with a drink in the bar. All the employees are really, really nice and the breakfast is really awesome.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Did a 1 night stay at LM Nürnberg last week with my family as part of a road trip.

2 rooms booked at the cheapest rate upgraded to 1 Jr Suite with 1 connecting DeLuxe room. Both modern and recently renovated with nice views into the old town. Hotel location is great for a stroll through the old town.

As other have reported a welcome drink and snack in the bar is offered as a Plat benefit.

Breakfast buffet was very impressive, and for the prepaid rate of 15€/room a no-brainer.

For parking, we parked ourselves in a public underground lot on Willy Brandt Platz 200 meters away instead of using the valet offered by the hotel.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Any new reports about which hotel to choose in Nuremberg? We will be going in December for the Christmas markets. The ratings on Trip Advisor and Booking.com are much better for the Sheraton. Oddly enough, several websites show availability for the Sheraton in December, but it seems as though the rates have not yet been loaded at SPG.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
Any new reports about which hotel to choose in Nuremberg? We will be going in December for the Christmas markets. The ratings on Trip Advisor and Booking.com are much better for the Sheraton. Oddly enough, several websites show availability for the Sheraton in December, but it seems as though the rates have not yet been loaded at SPG.
LM has old-world charm; Sheraton has new(er) hotel convenience. I've stayed at both, location is a toss-up as both are right on the edge of the charming parts of the city.

My advice: Stay at the Sheraton, but the bar at the LM is much nicer.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
When booking an award night, how to prepay for breakfast?
nevermind, found a link in earlier post to make reservation.

The photos look very nice, but reviews here are not so great of Le Meridien Nuremberg. Those reviews are older than a year, perhaps renovation was completed after reviews?
Very good tip is that LMN is closer to train station

During Oktobefest Sep 22-28, only LMN is available for P&C 4k plus $60.

Last edited by ellylex; May 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm
Old May 30, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
What document is required for check-in? Is passport a requirement for both guests?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
We recently spent two nights at LM. On arrival were upgraded to an Executive suite on the first floor (I think ending 03) which did not face the road. We had requested a quiet room. The reception team were very friendly and welcoming.

The Exec Suite was lovely. Very large, very nice art deco-style furnishing. Deep pile carpet, good quality furniture etc. The bedroom cupboards are set into the wall and as a consequence acted as a perfect amplifier for the meeting room activities next door. Most unfortunately for us, these activities consisted of significant noises from furniture moving (possibly on a wood floor) until the wee hours and then starting again before 6am. We ended up staying in one of the nicest looking suites we've had in 250+ SPG nights and had the worst sleep in 250+ SPG nights. If you get given this room (check the floorplan which clearly indicates that next door is a conference room) then do check if a conference is due to be held.

We changed rooms the next morning. The reception team were very apologetic and offered a Junior Suite on the 4th floor. Again, I emphasised our desire for a quiet room. The Jr Suite is a very different experience from the Exec Suite. It was probably less than half the size and furnishings were of a lower standard. The room was nice all the same. This room was road facing and it's a noisy road. That caused a bit of concern but I thought we'd handle it. The next morning we were woken before 8am by scraping noises behind our heads emanating from the room next door. It turns out this room was being redecorated. We were more than a tad unhappy. Again, reception was very apologetic and my email was taken possibly for follow up apologies from the GM - still waiting for that email.

Overall, this seemed a lovely hotel, in a good location in a lovely town, with an OK b'fast (the least good in our Germany tour but fine all the same) and a very friendly reception team. Unfortunately they were a lot more friendly than they were effective. There's no way this hotel has not received regular complaints about noise in the first suite and they should have known about the redecoration work next door to our second suite.

I'd visit this hotel again but will be very careful about room choices next time.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:23 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Any more recent impressions of either hotel?

I'll be traveling with my wife and 2 kids, so if one hotel or the other offers a better chance of a Platinum upgrade to a suite with a double-size sleeper sofa (and ideally a door between the sofa and the bedroom), this would be the most important feature for us.

Since it's much less common for European SPG suites to have sleeper sofas, I'm not hanging my hat on that chance, though, so another deciding factor could be a free lounge breakfast at the Sheraton (or if the LM miraculously has a lounge). Previous posts say the Sheraton has no lounge, but has that changed since it became a brand standard for Sheraton? If not, do they now offer a free buffet coupon as recompense?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:59 am

Any recent stays here?
Trying to decide between this and the Sheraton. It sounds like the LM is more charming but the Sheraton is more functional. I am leaning more towards the LM in this case since I am a tourist from Asia and European charm is a part of why I travel there :P

Unless the LM had a serious lapse in service levels which it sounds like some of you are echoing...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Any recent stays here?
Trying to decide between this and the Sheraton. It sounds like the LM is more charming but the Sheraton is more functional. I am leaning more towards the LM in this case since I am a tourist from Asia and European charm is a part of why I travel there :P

Unless the LM had a serious lapse in service levels which it sounds like some of you are echoing...

Thanks in advance!
Take the sheraton...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.