Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Take the sheraton...
Thanks. ^^I presume your suggestion is because of the points already discussed in this thread?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Thanks. ^^I presume your suggestion is because of the points already discussed in this thread?
No, but I know both and everytime at the sheraton was nice and everytime at the LM was at least...
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I've never stayed at the Sheraton so can not comment on that property. However I stayed at the LM 3 times this year and on each occasion as a Plat50 was treated well. Upgrades were given when available without using suite nights and they do a good breakfast spread. I also like the LM because of its proximity to the train station and to the old town.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:52 am

Thanks Toula for your response.^
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
The upgrades aren't the problem at the LM...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:58 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I also prefer the Sheraton as it's a modern and quiet hotel and I also like restaurant and bar there. Upgrades at the LM are usually better, you can get a suite from time to time which is almost impossible at the Sheraton. But upgraded rooms at the Sheraton are large and nice enough and maybe nicer than a junior suite at the LM. And I don't like the bathrooms at the LM.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I'd have to say I had no issue with staff while I stayed. I think the biggest negative for the LM that I see is that they seem to be the chosen hotel for Viking River Cruises. So as they move in a pack they tend to all go to breakfast at the same time or hang out in the foyer waiting for transportation. I overcame that by waiting to go to breakfast until after I thought they would be gone.

Bathrooms at LM vary depending on room. I agree standard room they are on the small side, however if you do get an upgrade they have some good bathrooms.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Just spent 2 weekend nights at the LM, and yes it is old-world nice looking, I doubt I would stay there again.

As an SPG gold I must have had the smallest room in the building. Not enough floor space left over to open my suitcase on. My "view" was concrete sides of 2 other buildings. And this was on the "SPG" floor?

I'll try the Sheraton next time. I thought I was getting a good deal at a lovely hotel, instead I felt like I was in some 2 star London hotel.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:57 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

We spent a couple nights at the LM, and were quite happy. Had two rooms booked and used expiring SNAs to upgrade both to executive suites. The suites couldn't have been more different ... room 204 is very large and grand looking, with high ceilings, a dining table for 6, large living room, and a massive king bed; suite 249 is maybe half the size, with a sparsely furnished living room and a small bed room, rather funky and wouldn't be terribly out of place at a W. Full breakfast given in lieu of 500 points (proactively granted for both rooms); very good spread including Nuremberg sausages and sparkling wine. Would not hesitate to return.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
LE MERIDIEN GRAND HOTEL NUREMBERG:

After 2 hours at this property I can guarantee that I wont be staying here again! Too bad, cause I stayed here a couple of years ago, and I really liked it. The bar was lovely and the room was large and airy with a nice bathroom.

Checked in tonight, and the dissappointment started already then. When I entered the hotel a woman tried to approach me (inside the hotel!!), I did get an idea of what she was, so I just ignored her. I had booked a classic room - and when checking in I was clearly told that they had upgraded me to "a very luxurious superior king bedroom", hehe, saving me 5 EUR per night....the hotel is busy this weekend, I will give them that....classic and superior is the only bookable rooms. I checked the app yesterday, and it showed "deluxe room". I just checked again, and it shows the very same. But thats wrong, I am in a superior room. The hotel is filled with American bus tourists.

The room is truly small, it is 18 m2, and you can hear your neighbours and people in the hallways. There is no hallway in the room, when you open the door you are by the bed - literally speaking. So be sure to doublelock your door when you go to bed! There is one chair by the desk, nothing more. No coffeemaker. The room is overlooking the inner courtyard. If I had known this I would rather have stayed at the InterCity Hotel or Ibis or something else for half the price. I would get the very same standard there! One thing is the size, since you know beforehand what to expect, but the worst thing is the extremely poor sound isolation, tvs, screaming babies, slamming doors, etc.

Then I went down again to pick up some parcels from the concierge. Then that woman approached me again when I came out from the elevator, and she followed me all the way to the to the temporary bar - all across the lobby. I just had a look at the "bar" and went back to the reception and there she was standing, saying something to me, but I told her very clearly "No thanks!". I got my parcels and went up to my room. When I went out 30 mins later she was sitting in the area between the entrance and the reception, trying to get in touch with some elderly men. Does she have an agreement with the hotel? Really strange they that let her approach people in the lobby like that, right infront of the reception.

I loved their bar last time I was here. Now it is closed for renovation. They put some temporary bar/restaurant up in a conference room, a really, really sad affair! They are supposedly open till 1 am. I had one beer there around 10 PM and then they started to clear all the tables and prepare for breakfast, haha. No one wanna sit there in that sad room. At least I tried. There was nothing about this in their "announcements" section. So basically this hotel is without a proper bar/restaurant now.

There is also major renovations going on in the hotel. I guess some rooms are removed from their inventory, cause many of the rooms at my floor seems to be closed off.

The location is good if you dont mind all the unpleasant figurines in and around the hotel.

If useful to anybody - breakfast is served till noon on Sundays.

And BTW - I noticed that the MAGC is now 500 points, which is equal to 166 Starpoints. I miss SPG

Last edited by skrosvik; Aug 24, 2018 at 3:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.