Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Recent stays in Sheraton Krakow

I read through some of the older posts and threads regarding this property and was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently? I am staying for four nights in October on star points. It says on my confirmation that I get buffet breakfast included.....any experiences with this, it seems that on some of the older threads, people were not getting this bonus and were forced to pay...is there any recent experiences?

If you didn't get the breakfast as specified on the confirmation, what did you do? If *wood has any opinion on this, I would be interested in hearing it.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:27 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Z-man
...If you didn't get the breakfast as specified on the confirmation, what did you do? If *wood has any opinion on this, I would be interested in hearing it.
Personally, if this happened to me, I would call Corporate Customer Service and ask them to sort it out. 800-328-6242.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Sep 7, 2005, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I stayed there about a month ago. Very nice hotel in a good location.

Breakfast buffet was included. Almost seemed like everyone got the free breakfast, although I am not certain.

There were no problems with it on the bill.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:27 am
Suspended

Thanks for the tips / info guys. Maybe the old threads I was reading about the property were when it was still new and they were ironing out some kinks..now that's it been there for a couple of years, I'm looking forward to a nice stay as usual at SPG properties.

I'll post when I get back.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA PremEx, AA Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Trying to make a reservation at this hotel for 4 nights towards the end of the month. From the threads here, it sounds like a great hotel and a great deal to use the SPG50 cert at the hotel - 115 EUR/night. Unfortunately, they are not taking this for the nights I will be there (going to try to call the hotel later). Do people think this hotel is worth using points? Seems like there is not too many other choices around town. I was never very good on figuring out the "value" of a point. They do except points + cash = 11,200 points and $180 or 28,000 points straight up. Otherwise, the best deal is 155 EUR/night. Thanks. Raven
Old Nov 3, 2005, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Update on trip

Well the trip was great. The hotel was great and so were the hotel staff. Very nice property, very clean and well maintained. (it is almost new).

The buffet breakfast was great and it was more than just breakfast, luncheon meats were there and an assortment of other products. The cooks were very helpful and made you whatever egg dish you want if you did not want the traditional scrambled eggs. My favorite thing was the soft boiled eggs, I have not seen that in a buffet ever that I can remember.

Highly recomend the property and the restaurant and "Someplace Else" bar attached to it.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
Stayed at this property October 4 to 6 on points and cash with same reservation endorsement and breakfast was not a problem (ie included at no charge).

Unlike many of the previous posts to this forum I was not as impresssed with this property as some. Found many of the staff almost surely. After attempting to check in around 1:00 pm I was told my my upgraded suite overlooking the river and castle was being made up. I returned later to find my "suite" had morphed into a room which the desk clerk called a Jr Suite. After speaking to the manager on duty I was told that in fact I was in a studio room and that there was one Jr. Suite left in the hotel I could be moved into if I insisted. After insisting I was begrudgingly moved into the Jr. Suite above the parking garage. Haven't had to fight this hard for a Platinum upgrade in quite sometime and didn't appreciate the repeated misrepresentations on what was available and the type of room I was being given. The manager on duty attributed this to "miscommunication errors" and promised to look into it but never got back to me with the results of his review.

Did not feel this property met my expectations for a five star hotel.

On a positive note I cannot recommend the Sheraton in Warsaw highly enough for the Platinum upgraded suite and the truly professional and hospitable service I enjoyed.

Last edited by traveldog; Nov 3, 2005 at 10:29 pm
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA PremEx, AA Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Just got back a couple of days ago from Eastern Europe including a three night stay at the Sheraton. Have mixed feeling about the hotel. Overall, I do not think it deserves a five-star rating (also stayed at the Bristol in Vienna and the Sheraton Krakow does not even get close, IMHO). The front desk staff was not very nice or helpful. As a Gold, I was not upgraded (hotel not filled). Nothing really special about the rooms. Main complaint was the lack of concierge service. We checked in on Fri. night and checked out Monday morning. As "wma" noted in his posting above, there is no concierge service on the weekends or until 10 am - therefore we didn't get any help our entire stay. The front desk staff were annoyed after the second question about tours, restaurants, etc... With that said, for Krakow, it was a nice hotel and I wouldn't tell people not to stay there. Breakfast was good (included in rate), the sports bar/restaurant got American football on Sunday , and the hotel is right next to the castle and 10 minutes from the square (although all hotels in Krakow are in a good location). Can't complain either staying on a SPG50 rate for 115 EUR/night - definitely worth that price.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: delta,southwest--companion pass,hilton---diamond,marriott---gold,choice
going to krakow,poland

hi, i will be going to krakow,poland this summer to visit auschwitz and was wanting to know if anyone has ever stayed at the spg properties in krakow, and if so are they nice, and is this the closest "modern or big city" to auschwitz. ? i do not know if this is even the correct thread... to put this into... thank you, for your help
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Revisionism

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4863026.stm
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:58 am

yes it´s just a day trip from cracow.
never been to the spg hotel there - but enjoy the town itself! It´s the most interesting polish cityyou can visit, nice people, nice architecture and very nice pubs
Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP
Krakow is a wonderful destination. The old walled city, the castle, the main square are worth at least couple of days on it's own.

The Nazi concentration camps of Aushwitz/Birkenau are just an hour outside the city. Do plan a whole day, just be prepared. It's a very sobering place. You don't want to plan any fun activities for the same evening.

Your hotel should be able to arrange a private or group tour in your prefered language with a pick-up and drop off at the hotel. If you prefer to do it on your own, then a rental car, taxi, bus and I believe a train are all available options.

You may also want to visit the Salt mines at Wieliczka. Amazing tour.

Jasna Gora Sanctuary in Czestochowa may be worth a visit as well. It's a national shrine of Poland. Many historical stories about Poland are associated with the sanctuary, including the legend of intervention by the Virgin Mary (Our Lady of Czestochowa) and saving Poland during the Swedish siege of Poland in 17th century. Pope John Paul II made many pilgrimages to the sanctuary before and during his papacy. General Casimir Pulaski, a future hero in the American revolution also used it as a fortress when fighting Russian invaders in the 18th century.

http://www.krakow-info.com/index.htm

Can't help with Starwood properties in Krakow.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I was at the Sheraton Krakow in Mid April. It is a newer property and everything seems to be OK. No upgrade to Executive Floor or Lounge. I booked a deluxe room and that is what I got...the only room choice above was Executive and I did not get it.
Breakfast was in the rate. You pay a higher price for two persons because of the breakfast.
There might be better choices (not SPG) a little closer to old town.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 5:20 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
I was in Krakow in August and stayed at the Sheraton Krakow . Thought the hotel was great. Also did a trip report you might want to read.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Here are some pics from my stay at the Krakow Sheraton:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-6wnmcr

As a Platinum, I was given a river/Vavel view room-- but I don't think they have an Executive floor or lounge. It is a very short walk to the Old Town, and right next to Vavel Castle. I didn't attempt to go out to the Concentration Camps, as it would be too emotional for me. As for Krakow itself, I found it to be a very easy city to get around, lots of friendly people who spoke english and pretty inexpensive. For myself, I do prefer Warsaw, perhaps because it (unlike Krakow) was so affected by the war. And while most of it was destroyed (Warsaw, I mean), the strength of the people can be seen in the rebuilt city it has become.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.