Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I preferred Warsaw to Krakow, also.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought Warsaw was totally boring, but had a great stay at the Royal Meridien Bristol - beautiful hotel. (This was before it became *W, but the points did transfer over...)
I liked Krakow better, but stayed at some top-rated Tripadvisor fleabag hotel.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: KLM Gold Elite (You can guess how long ago I lost this status!), LH Senator
Sorry I cannot comment on the hotel as I stayed at the Hotel Campanile which was adequate. I do want to add however, that Krakow is certainly a beautiful city. You can see some photographs I took, if you are interested, when I visited Krakow last year as part of a British Council project.

Click here and here .

I am visiting again in September and I am planning on visiting Auschwitz then. I would like to hear of your experiences
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
That's not "revisionism", as you called it. It is merely setting the record straight... but let's not turn this into an OMNI-style debacle.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just booked a two night stay at the Sheraton Krakow from 23rd to 25th March. Spending 1 night in Warsaw after flying in from London then fly down to Krakow for 2 nights before going back to warsaw.

Got a high level room ( exterior view) with breakfast for €150 pn.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:55 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Booked a junior suite with the SPG50 for the bachelor party I threw.
A few days ago got a email from the manager welcoming me to the hotel

Checked in yesterday evening and got greeted by name. Got the room and there was a bottle of red wine with glasses, some fruits and 3 kinds of seperate mixed nuts and plates compliments of the manager and staff.staff is nice. Time to see the included breakfast..
Old Nov 13, 2007, 4:36 pm

Location: MEM -- ex-DL PLT, then NW PLT by choice, now DL again.
I'm at the Sheraton KRK now, nearing the end of a 8-night stay. I got platinum-upgraded to a room on the 4th above-ground floor, with a balcony facing directly at the Wawel Castle. This is room 460 ... take it if you want a direct view of the castle and river, but avoid if you plan on staying out very late each night, as the room faces directly east and the morning sun (what little there is) shines right in.

The hotel is very nice, and the free (wired) internet connection and morning breakfast buffet is a nice touch. Being within an easy walk of the old square is nice, but it really is on the wrong side of the square for easy access to most things of interest, including the office that I've been hoofing it to every day. The good news is that walking around Krakow is a pleasure, and nothing is very far away.

By the way, I checked "local amenity" and got an iced bottled of vodka with two shot glasses. It was a nice touch, and much enjoyed. I went over to the 24-hour Jubilat (24 hour market) last night to but a few bottles. Przepalanka (local Krakovian vodka, which was in the room) is only 18 zloty, or about US$7.50. The better Zubrowka (the Bison Grass vodka) was only 28 zloty, or US$11.50. I hope at least one of these will make it home with me on Thursday.

Last edited by stemor; Nov 13, 2007 at 4:53 pm
Old Nov 13, 2007, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by stemor
I'm at the Sheraton KRK now, nearing the end of a 8-night stay. I got platinum-upgraded to a room on the 4th above-ground floor, with a balcony facing directly at the Wawel Castle. This is room 460 ... take it if you want a direct view of the castle and river, but avoid if you plan on staying out very late each night, as the room faces directly east and the morning sun (what little there is) shines right in.

The hotel is very nice, and the free (wired) internet connection and morning breakfast buffet is a nice touch. Being within an easy walk of the old square is nice, but it really is on the wrong side of the square for easy access to most things of interest, including the office that I've been hoofing it to every day. The good news is that walking around Krakow is a pleasure, and nothing is very far away.
Good to hear. Did you get any welcome gift?
I enjoy Krakow and the area.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:11 am

Location: MEM -- ex-DL PLT, then NW PLT by choice, now DL again.
Yes, I got a gift ... 500 mL of Przepalanka (sp?) vodka. I wound up going over to the Jubilat store to buy more during the week.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
Platinum upgrade

Also received an u[grade to the studio room, room 360, very nice room with view of the castle and river, I liked the sun in early morning as I got ready for a daily run along the river... Great hotel, wish I read the threads before I took the 500 points as my amenity, the vodka sounds like fun

Why cant Sheratons in the states be like this? Free breakfast buffet rivaled some sunday brunch display sat 4 star properties in the US... meats cheeses were excellent, cooked to order omelets, fresh juice and staff that actually seem like they are proud of what they are doing

Overall I was very impressed
Old Aug 1, 2008, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I agree that it's quite a nice hotel in terms of rooms, service, breakfast, etc., and not a bad walk (15 minutes at most) to the central square. Plus it's within walking distance of almost all things in Krakow, which is a very pleasant, fun town.

My only caution is that my wife and I had what I think they'd call a junior suite way over on the left side of the hotel as you're facing out toward the river. Our room was great but it was literally hanging over and looking over the outdoor bar area. Fortunately, not much noise from the bar even though Eurocup was on tv. But it could have been a drag if there were a noisy crowd downstairs.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Free in-room internet amenity has been removed

We were informed during check-in that the in-room free internet amenity has been removed, and replaced with pay service at depressingly high rates ($28 per day at the discounted 24 hour rates).

We noticed two brochures in the room, both of which had listed free internet access as the first amenity listed ---- and when we asked for clarification of this at the front desk, we were told that the policy had changed and that we were to have been informed of this during check-in (which we were).

I then asked whether there was any courtesies available to SPG Golds (both my wife and myself being SPG Gold) and were informed that normally they upgrade SPG Golds to deluxe rooms, but since we had already booked a deluxe room, that we were not entitled to any upgrade, and that no, no comping of the internet charges would be possible. They did say that the free in-room internet was available to club rooms.

That there was only a single bathrobe and a single pair of slippers in this "deluxe" double room is either a minor oversight or another sign of some more depressing changes occurring at this hotel.

Does anybody have any recent good experiences at this location?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I then asked whether there was any courtesies available to SPG Golds (both my wife and myself being SPG Gold) and were informed that normally they upgrade SPG Golds to deluxe rooms, but since we had already booked a deluxe room, that we were not entitled to any upgrade,
I thought a Gold upgrade is to the next available room type (excluding suites). You don't need to book a standard room (or the worst room type) to have an upgrade to a deluxe room?

It's a very odd rationale from Sheraton... Were they saying the next one up from a deluxe is a suite? What about the Club rooms then, or even a 'better' deluxe room...?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Leumas
I thought a Gold upgrade is to the next available room type (excluding suites). You don't need to book a standard room (or the worst room type) to have an upgrade to a deluxe room?

It's a very odd rationale from Sheraton... Were they saying the next one up from a deluxe is a suite? What about the Club rooms then, or even a 'better' deluxe room...?
This is what it says in regard to Gold level upgrades from the Terms and Conditions of SPG:

4B.9(b) An Enhanced/Preferred Room at Participating Properties at the time of check-in based upon room availability for your entire stay, except at Aloft and Element properties. Enhanced/Preferred Rooms are identified by each property and are restricted to the class of room originally booked, but may include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade benefit is available for one room for the personal use of the Member only, regardless of the number of additional rooms purchased by the Member.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
This is what it says in regard to Gold level upgrades from the Terms and Conditions of SPG:

4B.9(b) An Enhanced/Preferred Room at Participating Properties at the time of check-in based upon room availability for your entire stay, except at Aloft and Element properties. Enhanced/Preferred Rooms are identified by each property and are restricted to the class of room originally booked, but may include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade benefit is available for one room for the personal use of the Member only, regardless of the number of additional rooms purchased by the Member.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
William if I only had a $1 for every time you post this post Id be a rich man

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.