Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2004, 8:06 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The only buffet worth 25 USD or Euros would be one with AYCE Lobster & Filet Mignon ! Hotels have gotten ridiculous!

Here in Wilmington, NC, a restaurant called Wilson's has an AYCE Sunday brunch buffet featuring Prime Rib for $9.95 .
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Why would anyone want to use points in KRK? This city has so many good and cheap hotels, it seems like a big waste of points.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Brendan
The only buffet worth 25 USD or Euros would be one with AYCE Lobster & Filet Mignon ! Hotels have gotten ridiculous!

Here in Wilmington, NC, a restaurant called Wilson's has an AYCE Sunday brunch buffet featuring Prime Rib for $9.95 .
Why AYCE? One plate is not enough?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 5:49 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Wink

Originally Posted by Super Larry
Why AYCE? One plate is not enough?
Vous n'aimez pas les buffets a volonte du Quartier Chinois de Montreal?
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Any new updates on Sheraton Krakow?

Planning on going to Krakow early September for about 3 days. Any more updates on hotel? PLT but planning on using points. Is 3 days enough? Any comment on weather? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Yes, I think 3 days in the Krakow area would be plenty of time, especially if you want to do a side trip to the death camps. Do a search on Krakow and you'll find lots of info. As for the hotel itself, as a Plat, I too was given just an average room-- but with a view of the river / castle. It is very modern and has an expensive continential restaurant as well as a more casual sports bar and a nice lobby bar. I posted some pics of my stay last year on this site you may want to look at. Overall, I would definately stay here again as I prefer more modern hotels, but if you are looking for grand luxury or old world style you may do better elsewhere. Cabs are very cheap and it should be only about an $8 - 10 cab ride from the airport into the city. As mentioned above the old town is an easy walk and the castle is right next to the Sheraton. I found lots of people (especially younger ones) speak english, and everyone was very friendly and the city seemed very safe for walking around.
You'll have a great time-- enjoy !
Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:39 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Great Hotel. Great City. I always tour all the Catholic churches, the Cathedral and the Popes house. I can tell you two VERY useful tips.
1) If flying out leave TONS of time to check in at the airport. They have a line that takes over 1 1/2 to check in. Complete chaos.
2) NEVER EVER drink "all" the differnt kinds of Vodaka at the hotel bar, out of ice glasses because your buddy the Priest thinks it's a "cool" idea. EVEN if he can grant you absolution over your nearly dead form the next day, or perform an exorcism! It's not worth it!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:58 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
We stayed there last September.
Weather was good, not hot and not cold.
Easy and enjoyable walk to the center of the city( around 10 minutes).
Very clean and new room with free high speed internet.
We didn't get any suite, but was assigned corner room with the view of river and castle. The corner room is bigger than regular river facing rooms.

One problem I could see was to use points for free nights.
Originally, I booked using points, but they told me that award stay didn't include breakfast.
Their breakfast was expensive ( I don't remember exactly but it was around $20 per person).
If you want to have cheapy breakfast outside, it would be OK, but if you want to have breakfast every morning there, you should use 1000 points for 50% off which includes breakfast.

We actually changed my reservation from reward stay to 50% off stay (I had to call SPG myself from frontdesk) when I checked in.

In general, it was very good hotel.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:16 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Any Recent (month or two old) stay in Sheraton Krakow?

Plan on spending four nights at Sheraton Krakow in August using SPG50 - (great rate 115Euro/w bkfst). Read all the posts, but many are at least six months old. Do they now participate in PLT amenity program? How likely is an upgrade? Should I request a specific room (corner, floor, etc.)? Want this to be a special trip. Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Spent two days there a couple of months ago. It's a truly great hotel (everyone from cabbies to waiters seemed to think it was the best in the city; we agreed.)

It faces the river, and the castle. The best rooms are the small corner junior suites that face the castle, and also afford river views. This was the room I was offered, and the bellhop was extremely proud of it when he showed it to me. I think larger suiites are available, but I'm not sure if they upgrade Plats into these. Email and ask I guess.

They do offer PLT amenities (i got a bottle of white), and generally do their best to make your stay wonderful. I speak Polish, which was completely unneeded due to the fact that everyone on staff speaks a passable 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes fourth language (still a rarity in Poland, unless you know russian or german).

Have a great stay!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Tesco Blue
Spent 3 nights there at the end of May in a river view room (204). the view was lovely, and probably worth the extra I paid for it, but I also had a good rate on the 3 for 2 promo. Am SPG Gold and ended up in the room type I'd booked as it was a preferred room. I believe the corner rooms (nos. X01) will be the best in terms of view. I thought the place was very good - staff friendly, but some do struggle with English. The food in the pub was not the best, but breakfast in the room was great - just a small service charge if you are on an inclusive rate.

On thing I did notice was a surprisingly large amount of Americans staying (hence I imagine relatively lots of SPG members for a European hotel), and I think that's why an upgrade wasn't possible.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I'm here right now (free wired broadband in the rooms).

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a large, corner "60" room. Good hotel.

Any specifics I can help you with?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:29 pm
wma

How's the breakfast? How are they treating you? Is it conveniently located? Just a general trip report. We're planning on being there Aug 11 - Aug 15. Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The staff could not be nicer. It is new, modern hotel with the accompanying amenities. The business center could be a lot better, but they jumped to help me when I needed to get a Fed Ex out.

Breakfast is included, but I haven't availed myself. Sorry.

The hotel is right on the edge of the old town next to the castle, i.e., a great location.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 4:13 pm
wma

Great Hotel - Highly Recommend

As I am the OP, I'm back now with feedback - I went to Krakow to visit Auschwitz. We booked the Sheraton Krakow using a SPG 50, the rate was 115Euro, including breakfast. We phoned the hotel in advance (from BOS) to have a cab waiting at the airport. The driver was there with a sign, as we came from baggage control. We get to the hotel, I go in to check in. We had two room reservations (we were paying for both) , one for my husband and myself and one for my husbands sales agent. As we were using 2 rooms, we needed 2 SPG50's. No problem. We were offered out PLT amenity without asking. (no points in Europe, so we chose the local specialty - a bottle of vodka) And my points have already posted and I checked out yesterday. ^

We checked in and were told there were no upgrades as the hotel was full. I was a little disappointed, but okay. The front desk staff were very nice and tried to be very helpful. The room was perfectly okay. The hotel is only 1 year old so the place is very nice. The beds were soft, the towels large, the shower hard (that's a good thing for me), and the robes were large and soft. /we had a large fresh bottle of water in the room every day. The turn down service included Lindt truffels (nice). But the best thing about the room was the internet. IT WAS FREE!!!. Yes friends they include free internet. All you need is a CAT 5 cable and you're on. We carry our own, so I didn't even need to ask the front desk.

If you think about the cost of the room 115 Euro included Internet and Breakfast. That's one hell of a deal. The breakfast was quite complete, eggs, omlets, meats, cereal, fish, fruit, cheese, breads. The complete fare.

As I stated above the front desk staff were very friendly, although not very knowledgable. On Saturday night I asked when the pool opened the next morning, I was told 6:30. When I got down there at 7AM to swim, I was told it was Sunday and the pool opens at 8. This type of thing happened a couple of times.

The biggest (and only) disappointment was with the conceirge. There is only one conceirge and she doesn't work on weekends, or during lunch or dinner hour. She comes on a 10AM till 7. Now call me crazy but I think those are the times you'd want a conceirge to be on duty.

I had the conceirge arrange a private tour of Auschwitz for Sunday, but when I wanted to make a change in the scheduling I couldn't as she wasn't available and the front desk didn't know what to do. We went when we were scheduled and everything worked out, but I would've preferred to make a couple of changes.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel. Currently I am in Prague and staying at the Renaissance. There is no comparison. If you're interested read the report I will write about the Renaissance in a couple of days. I need to calm down before I write it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.