Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat50
It is a great hotel and a nice location on the river... but I NEVER get upgraded as platinum... my colleagues being no status and gold always get better rooms than I do! I never complain because when traveling alone, I don't really care for a bigger room. (for me it's just a bigger mess haha). I just wonder how they allocate the rooms when we all book the same category for the same dates through the same travel agency...

But definitely no knock against the hotel. I love it. Even the kitschy sports bar... I wish Warsaw was still like Someplace Else Krakow...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I checked in to this hotel for 2 nights last May - 2 rooms with 6 total people (2 adults, 4 kids). The staff were superb and while I was checking in, they went and got all my kids good sized (probably 9 inch tall) plush dragons! We got 2 rooms together on the 4th floor as a Gold member, and they gave us access to the Executive Lounge as well as breakfast as the benefit for having an SPG Business AmEx. The location is great - easy walking distance to town square and the castle, and I love being able to walk down to the riverfront to see sunset. One of my favorite Sheratons anywhere!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:39 pm

It is a nice place

Hey all, longtime lurker, first time poster. I just gave up the AmEx and am wondering how hard it is to get booked for a decent room here last minute without the concierge? I assume there is always a little vacancy, but I've never had to go it alone on getting nice treatment and I won't know if I'm going to get to pull this trip off till almost the day of :/
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:11 am

I was twice upgraded to presidental suite.
lpolchlop likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
My wife, three year old son, and I visited this hotel for four nights in July in between the Marriott Warsaw and the Marriott Budapest. The trip from Warsaw was a breeze, around two hours on the train.

The only other Sheraton Grand we had stayed at was Hiroshima, and this property was less nice and less grand than that but it’s really the only Western chain hotel in town so we went for it.

We had a regular sized room but a river view, which we enjoyed. Some of the base rooms have really no view at all and are looking at an adjacent building; having a river view was a big improvement.

Breakfast in the lounge is minimal and I usually went there for coffee and a pastry in the morning while everyone else was waking up. The food options were limited to pastries and cold cuts. However, breakfast could also be taken in the restaurant which had a very extensive spread with eggs and omelets cooked to order.

We didn’t spend too much time in the lounge but they did have alcoholic beverages and light snacks in the evening. The staff were kind to our son and we received a Sheraton Krakow dragon which is a pretty nice sized stuffed animal.

we used the Jak Dojade app to navigate Public transit as Google didn’t have much info. The transit was cheap and ran very frequently. Krakow is small and easy to get around and we thought the hotel was well located. With our son, we enjoyed the beer garden at the Forum Przestrzenie which is located across the river from the Sheraton and away from the city a half mile or so in front of a very ugly building. They had beer and food and kids and it was great in the sunshine. I also really enjoyed our day trip (via tram) to an old soviet planned city just to the east, it was very interesting. Krakow was more charming than Warsaw although if I had to pick a city to live in I’d probably pick Warsaw. But if visiting Krakow again, I would definitely stay here.

That reminds me, Pearl Jam was in town when we visited and they also stayed at the Sheraton which tells me it’s probably the best game in town.

Last edited by River in Sight; Oct 5, 2018 at 6:43 pm
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by River in Sight
My wife, three year old son, and I visited this hotel for four nights in July in between the Marriott Warsaw and the Marriott Budapest. The trip from Warsaw was a breeze, around two hours on the train.

The only other Sheraton Grand we had stayed at was Hiroshima, and this property was less nice and less grand than that but it’s really the only Western chain hotel in town so we went for it.

We had a regular sized room but a river view, which we enjoyed. Some of the base rooms have really no view at all and are looking at an adjacent building; having a river view was a big improvement.

Breakfast in the lounge is minimal and I usually went there for coffee and a pastry in the morning while everyone else was waking up. The food options were limited to pastries and cold cuts. However, breakfast could also be taken in the restaurant which had a very extensive spread with eggs and omelets cooked to order.

We didn’t spend too much time in the lounge but they did have alcoholic beverages and light snacks in the evening. The staff were kind to our son and we received a Sheraton Krakow dragon which is a pretty nice sized stuffed animal.

we used the Jak Dojade app to navigate Public transit as Google didn’t have much info. The transit was cheap and ran very frequently. Krakow is small and easy to get around and we thought the hotel was well located. With our son, we enjoyed the beer garden at the Forum Przestrzenie which is located across the river from the Sheraton and away from the city a half mile or so in front of a very ugly building. They had beer and food and kids and it was great in the sunshine. I also really enjoyed our day trip (via tram) to an old soviet planned city just to the east, it was very interesting. Krakow was more charming than Warsaw although if I had to pick a city to live in I’d probably pick Warsaw. But if visiting Krakow again, I would definitely stay here.

That reminds me, Pearl Jam was in town when we visited and they also stayed at the Sheraton which tells me it’s probably the best game in town.
What times in the morning did you frequent the lounge?

Maybe this no longer occurs, but of the times I stayed there, a made-to-order person would come out sometime part-way through the morning taking orders from the few people in the lounge... so I'd often get a hot western style breakfast... scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

Some of the suites at this property are pretty nice. Overall it's a respectable and in some way, typical European Sheraton, IMHO.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What times in the morning did you frequent the lounge?
i was normally there around 7am just for a quick stop. I never saw an order taker but it certainly could be that I was there at the wrong time.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by River in Sight

i was normally there around 7am just for a quick stop. I never saw an order taker but it certainly could be that I was there at the wrong time.
Yeah, from my own experiences, they don't come out that early for orders... they come out about halfway during morning spread hours.
Nobody at the front desk ever told me about that and it was just pure happenstance that I encountered the chef (or whatever they're called) around mid-morning, so just kept on going back around that time.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:32 pm

Stayed here last week as a premier platinum member. We got a fruit basket, an upgrade to river view, lounge access, and breakfast. The lounge had hardly any power outlets which made it hard to use our own computers there (instead of the 2 desktops supplied by the hotel). The snacks were lackluster but they had Heineken and a local beer along with some wines. Overall we had a really nice stay. I should have read here about ordering breakfast in the lounge but the buffet at the restaurant was solid.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:34 am

Anybody have an email address to contact this hotel or know in general how to find those for Marriott? Thanks.

DN
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Anybody have an email address to contact this hotel or know in general how to find those for Marriott? Thanks.

DN
Looks like the GM or some manager is [email protected]

Methodology to find: Go to TripAdvisor -> filter for bad reviews -> read management responses. Not guaranteed to work, but works for a surprisingly high number of properties.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:50 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

Quick update on the hotel from our stay of three nights.

We found the hotel to be a pleasant place to stay. The staff was friendly and we found the hotel to be well located as only 100m or so from the castle and a 10 minute walk to the main square.

The rate for our stay was a bit high (IMO) at close to 200 euros per night. For Poland I thought this was a bit on the high side, yet I have only visited the country a few times. Despite the high rate, we went with the hotel as needed some more nights for 2020 re-qualification. Due to the wife's status we had access to the Club lounge and breakfast.

The hotel breakfast was fine, but nothing special. The lounge had enough food to make a meal out of the offerings if needed. Interestingly they seemed to keep the alcohol out quite late - I think even until closing at midnight one night. Not sure if this was normal or not but did not see anyone abuse it.

Room was standard, comfortable but nothing out of the ordinary.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...eraton-krakow/
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
What are rates like currently and has anyone had any success with LNF claims?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
What are rates like currently
If only there was a place on the Internet where one could obtain hotel rate quotes.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Isochronous
What are rates like currently and has anyone had any success with LNF claims?
I am at this hotel this week and paid about 390PLN per night on average and consider that to be a great deal. Not sure about LNF but rates on Marriott site seemed to be best when I searched.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.