Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2004, 3:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

and AFTER I replied, I noticed the original poster had his stay earlier this year. Oh well, I guess my post is a decent report, anyway, on how this property handled things.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 7:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Along these same lines....I have a question. We have reservations at the WDW Dolphin for 25-29 March and 31 Mar-2 April. The nights of the 29 and 30 are sold out, but I am on a waitlist in hopes that they will open up. The nights of 31 Mar-2 Apr are made through a travel agent that could get the govt. rate for me (I couldn't book it through the resort, for some reason). Is there a way to somehow link the reservations together? Do I continue to try adding nights on and cancel the TA reservation?

I am SPG gold. We have never had a bad stay at the Swan or Dolphin.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
jholiiday - if you're not getting that AAA rate on the starwood site i'd have thought you could apply for the best rate guarantee on it, cutting a further 10% off the price.

Another issue I had with a stay at the Swan last year was starwood claimed the property was full, but expedia had rooms. Property applied the BRG to the expedia rate (thanks William) so it was good news all round.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:06 pm

No I didn't, I'm going this coming june...=)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shinbal:
and AFTER I replied, I noticed the original poster had his stay earlier this year. Oh well, I guess my post is a decent report, anyway, on how this property handled things.</font>
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:12 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jholiiday:
No I didn't, I'm going this coming june...=)

</font>
Orlando in June? Boy, is it hot and humid.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
I am impresses ( WDW Swan)

Hello,

As a new Platinum, I have booked my first three SPG hotels

Sheraton LHR Skyline ( this weekend) £ 68 GBP
Sheraton LHR Skyline ( 6th APril)
WDW Swan 5th-8th May ( $ 199 per night for a 1 King Limited View).

Looking at my online reservations today it says 1 King club level room

Considering it is over 6 wekks before I travel , this is extremely impressive ( on Hilton website my reservations have not shown any upgrades until the day before)

Extremely impressed with SPG so far.

Regards

TBS

PS sorry for mispelling the title!!

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited Mar 17, 2004).]
Old Mar 17, 2004, 2:05 pm

Yes it is always nice to see an early upgrade. I booked the Westin Diplomat before Christmas for this August. A few Days after booking, res was upgraded to a Corner Suite.
Fantastic.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:33 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
IMHO There is no better PR for Starwood or SPG than the staff at the Swan and Dolphin. Most of the Administrative staff work both hotels.

Hi y'all if you are watching, I'll be "home" in June...

------------------
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old Mar 18, 2004, 6:10 am

As a Plat you can get a Jr. suite upgrade at the Swan. Call and request it. You will love the Swan. We spent 16 days at the Dolphin as a Plat around Christmas. We were upgraded to an Jr. suite with CL privs. Have a great time.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 10:37 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mephisto101:
As a Plat you can get a Jr. suite upgrade at the Swan. Call and request it. You will love the Swan. We spent 16 days at the Dolphin as a Plat around Christmas. We were upgraded to an Jr. suite with CL privs. Have a great time.</font>
Hey, we were probably there at the same time, we stayed from Dec. 18 - Jan 2. Grand Suite on 11, you have to love that place. We had wreathes in the windows and a Mickey tree in another window.

------------------
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old May 15, 2004, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
WDW Swan ( Club Level ) 5th -8th May

Hello,

WDW Swan
Royal Beach Level ( SPG Plat Upgrade)
Room 1249 ( East)
Dates 5th-8th May
Rate $199

I arrived at around 130pm and there was one coouple in front of me so was taken care of quickly. I was given my key card, map guide, RBG guest letter and the Platinum amentiy option form ( inc $10 Dining credit but I chose the 500 points).
The check in/lobby area is a little small but nicely designed.
I took the lift in the East elevators to the 12th floor and headed left. The room is at the end of the builidng and is just beside the Royal Beach club lounge.
The room was quite large, well lit and decorated in pink & blue shades. It overlooked the canal & the Boardwalk villas ( with the Luna park pool area in front of the room) Down below was the bus stop . To lthe left I could see some of the buildings of world show case and to the right the Tower of. Terror

The room had a washand basin and coffee maker on a sink then the closet on the otherside of the hall leading to the bathroom with sink/toilet and bath shower. It seemed like an ordinary shower ( and not like the Heavenly shower as advertised on the Westin site for the hotel) . water pressure was good though. The room was quiet although you could hear the doors being closed in the corridor.

The A/C does reset to a default tempreature during the day if there is no movement so when you return to your room the temp is slightly higher but the a/c soon cools it down to your lower tempreature when you return. The curtains do not go behind one another as at the Hilton so you have to pull them tight together to block out the light.

I had lunch at Tubbi's bufetteria as I had missed lunch at the Garden Grove by 5or so mins ( closed at 2pm) it was ok for burger and chips.
I walked over to the Fantasia Gardens for Golf. ($10) and played well until the 16th hole when my ball went into the water

Dinner at the Gulliers grill was ok with a buffet on Wed/Fri ( $25). Characters came round ( Goofy/Pluto/Timone) during dinner.

Turndown service was provided with replensihing of towels,cleaning the bins and making down the bed with chocolates. This happened for two of my 3 nights ( did not happen on my third & last night)

The Royal Beach club lounge

This is open from 7-10am for a good variety of continental breakfast selections, fruit,cereal,bread
It is also open from 5 -8pm for evening hors d'oerves with one hot selection,buscuits,fruit and alllcholohic beverages for sale ( this is from 5-7pm) The Staff there were very good and friendly . The lounge did get occasionally busy at breakfast time (830am or so)

We did get two papers in the morning ( WSJ and Orlando Sentinel)

The Grotto pool was a little smaller than what I imagined it to be although the pool was still alrge ( if a little cooler than the Marriott/Hilton). The waterslide was good and the quiet pool was large and quieter and slightly warmer.

Bus transport to the MK ( going straight to the gates rather than the TTC is great) and AK was very good ,regular and convenient.

The great advantage of the Swan is the walking ability to Disney MGM and Epco alont the Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach club . These resorts are well maintained and beautifully landscaped ( Stormalong bay at the Y & BC looks great with a waterslide from the marrooned boat looking fantastic.) I joggedalong the boardwalk a couple of times at night.
The bridge just after the path to the Boardwalk offers fantastic view of the Epcot fireworks.

Check out time is 11 AM although I was able to get a 2pm check out at no charge.

Now for my ( minor gripe).
You get charged a $10 resort fee for coffee, unlimited free local calls( not used) paper delivery ( ok), and health club access ( used once and closes at 9pm -a later closing time would be better) which I found was a little excessive ( there is a fee at the Hilton but is optional and as a HH diamond did not get charged Healthclub fees).

Overall, the great advantage of the Swan is its location although I seemed to get better benefits at the Hilton ( HH Diamon & SPG Plat- Larger suite at Hilton, lounge open all day which is great for a drink/apple at 9pm or during the day for soft drinks and cookies).

However I would stay at the hotel again with no hesitation.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them.

Regards

TBS

PS - Also got two small bottles of water ( 1 still & 1 sparkling) on the dresser each day which were free. There were also two larger bottles of water which you colud take for a $3.50 charge per bottle.

The Bed- Whilst I found the bed to be comfortable enough and the sheets were smooth enough ( not rough to the touch) I did not notice that much of a difference between this and other beds ( Marriott/Hilton) -maybe it is just me

Toiletry amenities were the swan & dolphin logoed.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 15, 2004 at 8:05 am
Old May 15, 2004, 7:43 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We have a reservation coming up. Paying like $150 max. Our reservation has already been upgraded to Club level and non-smoke room. These are the times I love Starwood and being P. Says free internet access.
Old May 15, 2004, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, UAL 1K, AA Exec Plat, Starwood Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Banking Scot, I'm glad you took my advice and got your Starwood Platinum status match, and more importantly, used it.
Old May 15, 2004, 9:50 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
If you are on vacation at WDW, the Swan is a very convenient place to stay. Many will say it doesn't have the Disney "magic" but you can't beat walking to MGM or Epcot.

Say hi to Maria. She works in the club on evenings and is absolutely wonderful. She treated my wife, my daughter and I wonderfully and we have many fond memories of our times at club.
Old May 15, 2004, 10:15 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Says free internet access.
Yup, you get "free" high speed internet. It's part of the $10 resort fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.