Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by MichaelJapan
I would like to hear the hotel's story. [ ... ]
I find it extremely difficult to believe that a manager would use this kind of language, even more so coming from someone who has just registered last month to write two bashing posts.
+1

And nobody knows what the staff told the manager and the manager told the general manager...
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I find a 25 Euro charge for room service hard to believe - is this a flat charge or a % of the bill?
I don't. Don't forget it was an extra service! If they change the sheeds etc. the have also to clean the room afterwards! BTW: We don't even know at which time and which kind of bed or room it was...
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
I don't. Don't forget it was an extra service! If they change the sheeds etc. the have also to clean the room afterwards! BTW: We don't even know at which time and which kind of bed or room it was...

My mistake - I had read the post as saying a 25 Euro charge for Room Service, not to service the room.
Having said that, the 25 Euro sets the bar for the Make a Green Choice Benefit - I want 25 Euro when I don't have my room serviced.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Moderator Warning

Folks, let's keep this thread on the topic at hand. Guessing a poster's profession would be a very good example of taking the thread off-topic. Kindly stay focused.

Thank you.

/Moderator
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
I had a great stay here and will definitely return.

The Club Lounge (newly renovated) is now on the 19th floor. Among other things they offer two types of very tasty soups every evening (also four types of Vodka). In the afternoon there’s a nice selection of sweets available. While I enjoyed the lounge very much, I’d appreciate a broader selection of international newspapers (there was only one copy of the Wall Street Journal).

All the staff I interacted with (lounge, front desk, platinum desk, hotel lobby) was exceptionally friendly and with good command of English.

The only slight problem was that air condition in my room didn’t work properly (the warming part of it – it got quite chilly at nights). However, after mentioning it, they brought a portable heating device which worked fine.

By the way, good espresso quality at the “Green Caffe Nero” across the Radisson Blu, very near to the Westin.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Pitero
The only slight problem was that air condition in my room didn’t work properly (the warming part of it – it got quite chilly at nights). However, after mentioning it, they brought a portable heating device which worked fine.
So the heater and the air conditioner slugged it out, did they? Wasn't it Steven Wright who said something about running a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the same room?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So the heater and the air conditioner slugged it out, did they? Wasn't it Steven Wright who said something about running a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the same room?
It wasn't like air-con couldn't be turned off or produced a steady stream of cool air even when "off" (like in some hotels). It just didn't produce warm air. The heater they brought then was a small radiator heater.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
checked-in today, they do charge 25 euros for 2nd time in a day FULL service housekeeping. But regular stuffs like asking for towels, turn down service, etc, is compli. Upgraded to an 'apartment' on 16th floor with a cheap brg rate. More like a 1 bedroom suite, 1.5 bathroom, , etc.

This lobby is PACKED, cant imagine how people would not notice if a scene was made in reception... It is what it is ya know, just dont make a mess so you wont require 2nd time housekeeping....
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
And if i may add, staffs here are so fantastic!

I requested for a 2nd room for entertainment purposes and not only did they offer me a 50 euro/night room, they even upgraded the 2nd room to an executive room with club access and plat benefits directly across the club lounge on the 19th floor! Talk about easy access

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 12, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by supatight80
This lobby is PACKED, cant imagine how people would not notice if a scene was made in reception...
Buddy buddy up to reception and ask if they know what happened :P
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Anyone was there recently?

Executive lounge before renovation

Executive lounge after renovation

More photos with review from our stay in Executive Room on 19th floor (in English description): http://lubiepodroze.eu/the-westin-wa...-hotel-review/ (but with old Exec still, new exec review will be available in English soon).
Do you like new one?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:10 am

I spent a month at the hotel (October-November). Over the course of the month, I dropped by the lounge a couple of times, but lounges really aren't my thing. And I was in Warsaw working long hours.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Staying at the hotel as we speak. Got an upgrade to Executive Corner Room (booked Classic), no lounge access but everything else is there. Wonderful views of Warsaw (within reason - it's no Hong Kong) and the service standards have been surprisingly high up to now. A really enjoyable stay.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just checked in. I haven't been here in 6 months - was upgraded to a executive room, all suites booked out. First time I am staying in a "normal" room and not a suite at this hotel as a Platinum.

The rooms (at least on the executive floors) are renovated. They are trying to keep it more contempoary obviously - darker colors, dark grey and dark wood. Looks like some of the newer Sheraton's. The room have the same tones as the newly renovated Executive Lounge (as per the photos posted by another FT'er). So gone are all the yellow and light brown colors.

New carpets on the floor, new furniture, new wallpaper, etc...the room still have a slight smell of paint I don't know when this was done, but I guess very recently....?

The bathrooms are the same though.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:42 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
The lounge doesn't look very 'Westin'. Could this property be deflagging soon ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.