Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
green choice

This hotel participates in the green choice initative now. 500 points per night when saying no to housekeeping.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:54 am

Stayed in an executive suite (platinum upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...stin-warschau/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 2014 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:21 am

Was upgraded from club to executive suite on a weekend BRG claim as a lowly gold.

I think the bed room was a bit bigger then youhavebeenupgraded's, with space for a work desk.

Overall, I'm very happy with the stay, the hotel was very generous when it came to room rate/upgrade/services. But it's not as good as the IC I used to stay as RA - nicer rooms, better club offerings, views and the pool/gym area. Location worked for me, but there's major subway construction going on nearby so might be tricky to navigate your way, especially on wheel. On foot, it's an easy walk 10-15 min walk to the old town.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I used one of my Suite Upgrades for an upcoming stay which was confirmed today. I noticed the following on my room description:

• Comp Pick Up Svc Frm Apo
Called the hotel and they told me to send an email to [email protected] to arrange my airport transfer, and sure enough they confirmed my pick up.

We are delighted to inform you that we have arranged the transportation for you on August XX at XXX.(flight Vienna-Chopin Airport in Warsaw XXXX).

Our taxi driver will be waiting at the Arrival Hall (Terminal A – exit nr 2) with the board with your name and the Westin Hotel logo on it.

Because of Night Suit Eward the transportation will be free of charge for you.
Very nice!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:45 pm

I did notice the same when I was upgraded (as Gold as of the time) and got the transfer. Was informed at check-in that this was an exception, since it shouldn't apply to upgrades. Nice of them to honor it though, even better if its confirmed for SNA.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
A friend and I stayed here last weekend, generally a good stay and location.

Arrived early, hotel was full and does ensure 4 PM check out is available to Golds so we just left our luggage and used the gym to change (nice of them to let us do it there instead of trying to in one of the loos).

We took a standard taxi from the airport which came to 45 zl, on the return we asked the concierge to arrange a taxi and apparently because it was a Sunday they use the hotel car at no extra charge if it is available so we were driven back in an S class but it was a bit more expensive at 60 zl.

We had booked exec rooms with breakfast and due to the hotel being full couldn't upgrade but they did give my friend a bigger room on one of the higher floors and I was in a standard room on the 20th floor.

Room was nice, only issues were that the air con didn't seem to work very well regardless of what setting I put it on...it was slightly warm which I didn't mind but those that like it very cool would have had a problem. The only other issue was the shower...it leaks out the gap in the bottom so definitely need a towel to soak up the excess and the temperature seemed to vary considerably from almost too hot to certainly too cool over the span of 90 seconds which would repeat...not sure what caused that but I just put up with it.

Breakfast is quite nice and there is plenty of variety with a good selection of hot items and breads, yoghurt, etc...Didn't eat breakfast in the lounge.

The lounge is on the 20th floor now in the presidential suite. While it does have nice views the lounge was quite busy most nights and we would generally just grab a quick beer and then head out to the old town.

All of the staff we did interact with seemed very friendly and helpful. ^

The location actually was very good for late springtime as the hotel is just far enough away from the river and water to not have any mosquito problems, which we did seem to encounter when dining in the main square in the old town in the evenings.

As others have posted the distance to walk to old town was pleasant and only took about 10 minutes.

I would stay again and recommend it to others, especially considering the excellent value for money.

EDIT: should add the following tips that may help anyone else new to Warsaw:

An excellent restaurant just 150m away called Folk Gospoda (they have English menus and speak English).

http://www.folkgospoda.pl/pl/

Also, on the way towards the old town, you come across a nice Caffe Nero about 100m from the hotel which had excellent coffee and staff and some nice outside tables to sit and watch the world go by without too much Sun or hassle.

If you need a pharmacy or any smaller items like extra socks, hat, etc or just want to do some shopping...there is a shopping mall nearby, just the other side of the IC (about a half mile from the Westin):

http://zlotetarasy.pl/en/index

Also, this greek restaurant nearby was also excellent for food quality and value for money and had some outdoor seating as well as plenty of indoor seating.

http://www.elgreco-restauracja.pl

Hope these additional bits help others.

Last edited by BotB; May 30, 2014 at 6:12 am
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:53 pm

"I don't give **** about Starwood Ambassador"

"I don't give **** about Starwood ambassador"

Such quotation is from Stefan Friedl, Hotel manager for westin Warsaw.

I have submit a complaint to starwood regarding the matter and never receive any reply.

The story is quite simple, while I request second time service for my room the hotel told me they want to charge 25 Euro for it, because such additional charge was never heard of(I staied 200 nights/year in hotels every year), I request manager to discuss it with me, their front desk manager came then insists the charge, I said please let your general manager contact me regarding this, in which, stefan Fridl called me in the same afternoon said I was using abuse language towards his employee(in fact all I said was, please have your general manager explain this to me! ok, it is not most polite, but abusing....?) and he don't give **** if I am a starwood ambassador, and he is threaten my personal safety at that point, I handed up the call then went back the hotel, he then said in front of me if I dare talk to him he will ask security throw me out of the hotel in the lobby. I said I will make a serious complaint about his action he said go ahead.

I wonder if such behaviour towards most loyalty customer is appreciate for a hotel, because all what happened was I request explanation regarding a hotel charge in which I don't agree with, it ends up threaten my personal safety in the hotel--how unbelievable is that!

And seems my complaint about it goes nowhere, I don't know where should I make proper report about it, any fellow member have idea?

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jul 10, 2014 at 6:26 am
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
"DYKNIA?"

"Who?"

"I am a Starwood Ambassador"

"I don't give ****, my job is to take care of paying customers, especially loyal SPG Platinum members. Go answer your phone and email and stop bothering me with silly requests."
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Maybe I'm missing something here. But, OP asked for a service which the property which he chose doesn't include. He was quoted a fee for that service, apparently didn't like what he was quoted and that's the end of it.

OP's choice whether to pay for the service or not. Perhaps GM could have used less vulgar language, but clearly there's a disconnect.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
As my wife is fond of telling me : "You have an Ambassador, but YOU are not a Starwood Ambassador."
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
A hotelier should keep their cool. (period). OP is absolutely in his right to demand a response from corporate.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Moderator Note and Warning

As this issue is specific to the Westin Warsaw, the thread has been merged into the Master Thread for this property.

A number of rule-breaking posts (off-topic, animated image posting) have been deleted.

If you have something on-topic to contribute to this conversation, please feel free to post it. Otherwise, kindly resist the temptation or move along, as we would truly prefer to not have to start disciplining people for further infractions.

/Moderator
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:24 pm

Hotel want to charge a fees in which I don't agree with--Fine, it is perfect ok, but I guess it is all in my rights to request the higher manage to discuss it with me---also all in my rights using direct language(not abusing language!) such as "have your manage to explain it for me" towards service person while I was not happy about the service, however being threaten with my personal safety just because I was using direct language by the highest management personnel in a hotel with "go ahead" to complain, it is just unbelievable.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:46 pm

I would like to hear the hotel's story. I've stayed at the property a couple of time and my stays were always top notch when it came to service.
I find it extremely difficult to believe that a manager would use this kind of language, even more so coming from someone who has just registered last month to write two bashing posts.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:18 am

I find a 25 Euro charge for room service hard to believe - is this a flat charge or a % of the bill?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.