Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GVA
The lounge doesn't look very 'Westin'. Could this property be deflagging soon ?
I certainly hope not. That being said the renovated rooms does not look very Westin either, but maybe Westin is changing their colours

In the lounge now - only soup and cookies, as usual during happy hour. They have taken away the German weissbier also
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:49 am

The Westin Warsaw from the beginning wasn't classic 'Westin" so I could answer not. Lounge design is excellent for me.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by pawi81
The Westin Warsaw from the beginning wasn't classic 'Westin" so I could answer not. Lounge design is excellent for me.
Yeah, the lounge is much nicer now. But I'd wish they had some sofas also. However, the offerings in the lounge have gone downwards, IMO. Soup, soup, soup - cookies and biscuits is all they have to offer. They are not good at refilling either.

I have been staying here several times a year for many years, and a lot of the "old" staff are gone.

Weissbier taken away from the lounge due to cost cutting measures (new GM). Only available at JP's downstairs.

Another note - no more turndown service.

I think I will stay at the Sheraton next time. Their lounge is WAY better!

Last edited by skrosvik; Aug 8, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:51 pm

duplicate
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
At Westin Warsaw now. Ur post makes me want to have tried the Sheraton. But a few comments abt the lounge:

#1 best thing: fresh OJ, 24x7, unless the run out.

#2: Chivas during happy hour.

#3: view.

#4: soups: (only good food, but pretty good).

If Sheraton has fresh OJ 24x7, I think i'd switch because my recollection is that the food at breakfast and happy hour is better.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Unless ur hotel hopping for spg stays, the Bristol is such a terrific hotek, there really is no reason not to always stay there as often as possible. It's far and away the #1 hotel in warsaw and a great hotel on any scale.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
At Westin Warsaw now. Ur post makes me want to have tried the Sheraton. But a few comments abt the lounge:

#1 best thing: fresh OJ, 24x7, unless the run out.

#2: Chivas during happy hour.

#3: view.

#4: soups: (only good food, but pretty good).

If Sheraton has fresh OJ 24x7, I think i'd switch because my recollection is that the food at breakfast and happy hour is better.
Fresh OJ? I have only seen those "Cappy" bottles outside breakfast hours...?

Yeah, the view is nice, but can be bothersome also when the afternoon sun are burning through the lounge

Well, staying here for one week - they try to make different soup every day, but when they are out of options they put the same soups over again. I guess the variety of soup selections are limited

I find the food and drink selection at the Sheraton to be way better. It's harder to get a suite upgrade at the Sheraton though.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:04 pm

Unless ur hotel hopping for spg stays, the Bristol is such a terrific hotek, there really is no reason not to always stay there as often as possible. It's far and away the #1 hotel in warsaw and a great hotel on any scale.
^ And they have a pool too - would be great in this heat
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

I don't know how you would miss the 2 pitchers of fresh OJ in the bottom of the always open fridge. Also not so fresh pitchers of grapefruit and apple juice. But the OJ is very food. I don't think the Sheraton has fresh OJ.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:22 pm

I don't know how you would miss the 2 pitchers of fresh OJ in the bottom of the always open fridge. Also not so fresh pitchers of grapefruit and apple juice. But the OJ is very food. I don't think the Sheraton has fresh OJ.
Hehe, no I haven't noticed. The OJ is not that important to me either BTW - the frigde will be locked at 10 PM sharp
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:29 pm

Ah. Didn't know abt the locked fridge at 10pm. Will go to lounge in a few mis to get glasses for over night. Unfortunately fridge in room is electronic, so will have to get credit for moved bottles tomorrow.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:24 pm

Ah. Didn't know abt the locked fridge at 10pm. Will go to lounge in a few mis to get glasses for over night. Unfortunately fridge in room is electronic, so will have to get credit for moved bottles tomorrow.
Yes, it's electronic as well. You can still access the lounge with your keycard, but the fridge will be locked.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
It's a nice hotel for sure... but it's more expensive than Westin/Sheraton, has no lounge and the upgraded rooms are weird (a small sitting room rather than suite). Of course it's a beautiful hotel and locale is lovely for tourists. Still, it's not a slam dunk.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:38 pm

Well, tonite the lounge was open but the fridge was locked at as of 9:400pm when I went to het my OJ.

Guess the open lounge 24x7 only means unlimited coffee.

Still curious if the Sheraton has fresh OJ.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Stayed here yesterday. It's a very typical Westin (ok, slightly darker design), but standard levels of service, Heavenly Sleeper bed and as a Platinum I was upgraded to a corner room on the top floor. My floor didn't seem to have any suites.

I walked past the Bristol today which looked lovely from the outside (reminiscent of Hotel de Paris in Monaco), but as it was 3 times as much I was quite happy with the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.