Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 7:38 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Will be there in October! Do they still upgrade plat and titanium to suites? Also how is the lounge offering now?
Old Aug 27, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Will be there in October! Do they still upgrade plat and titanium to suites? Also how is the lounge offering now?
Didn't get a corner but was pre-arrival upgraded into an Exec Deluxe Suite. One away from the corner. Ill update this after I complete my stay.
Lonsinla likes this.

Last edited by reggiekush; Aug 27, 2023 at 10:26 am
Old Aug 27, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Elite recognition for plat and above: very good. Never not been upgraded to a suite of some sort pre-arrival and shown in app. Only ever used the lounge once in the last few years, and not recently.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Finished my 1st of 2 single night reservations (I double booked but luckily Hotel Verte has a member rate that allow for 6pm cancellation, day of)

Was upgraded pre arrival into an Exec Deluxe Suite one away from the corner on the 14th floor. Was a typical suite waking into the living room with a .5 bathroom on the left as you enter. Was given a choice of points, sweets, or a bottle of white wine. I chose the wine - drinkable. Bedroom itself is a bit tight but ample closet space. ElevatorEnthusiast will enjoy the elevators when they arrive in a month (I believe) but not so much the macarons! And as such I'll leave the heavy lifting of photos to them as well 😅.

CL is decently big and was not crowded on a Monday (i didnt end up there for my first night). 2 hot food option of pasta and fried rice. Wine on demand but plenty of liquors on ice as you please. Staff was pleasantly attentive yet left me alone which I appreciated. Cocktail hours are 6-8pm. Though they are lenient and will pour you 2 glasses of wine after 8 (8:05 in my case). Wiktoria is 🫡

All of the staff including bellman and FD were very friendly with in my few interactions with them. Overall it just feels like a Westin.

I'll edit with pictures when I get back to my laptop.And sorry for the poor review...my eyes are my camera 😅
ElevatorEnthusiast and cln like this.

Last edited by reggiekush; Aug 28, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by reggiekush
Finished my 1st of 2 single night reservations (I double booked but luckily Hotel Verte has a member rate that allow for 6pm cancellation, day of)

Was upgraded pre arrival into an Exec Deluxe Suite one away from the corner on the 14th floor. Was a typical suite waking into the living room with a .5 bathroom on the left as you enter. Was given a choice of points, sweets, or a bottle of white wine. I chose the wine - drinkable. Bedroom itself is a bit tight but ample closet space. ElevatorEnthusiast will enjoy the elevators when they arrive in a month (I believe) but not so much the macarons! And as such I'll leave the heavy lifting of photos to them as well 😅.

CL is decently big and was not crowded on a Monday (i didnt end up there for my first night). 2 hot food option of pasta and fried rice. Wine on demand but plenty of liquors on ice as you please. Staff was pleasantly attentive yet left me alone which I appreciated. Cocktail hours ate 6-8pm.

All of the staff including bellman and FD were very friendly with in my few interactions with them. Overall it just feels like a Westin.

I'll edit with pictures when I get back to my laptop.And sorry for the poor review...my eyes are my camera 😅
Feels like a Westin! Sounds like a winner already!
reggiekush and Lonsinla like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Feels like a Westin! Sounds like a winner already!
I think youll be surprised at Hotel Verte - i took a little tour today and damn...the staff is AMAZING.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 1:11 pm

Spouse, downgraded to Gold this year. Possible that I booked him in Club access room rate but I can't find the booking.
Regardless, he just reported on a three night stay at the Westin Warsaw with lounge access.
The Westin lounge was good, but not comparable to the Sheraton in Warsaw (which has been outstanding this past year and half).

We lived in an apartment just down the street from the Westin for the past year. I love the location for practical living. And it really is a short walk to the centre.

If I had family visiting, I'd put them down the street from the Westin.

Future visits to Warsaw for myself, I'm staying at the Sheraton. Lounge offering was super healthy and extensive. You could literally eat there every night. Amazing for full-time hotel living.

Note, stayed:
30 nights at Sheraton Grand Warsaw February 2022. Plus plus other dates
30 nights at the Marriott Warsaw March 2022
5 nights at Hotel Bristol, Warsaw in 2020 on suite upgrades
visited Moxy's Warsaw for a speculative booking, lol
Lonsinla likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:12 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
Spouse, downgraded to Gold this year. Possible that I booked him in Club access room rate but I can't find the booking.
Regardless, he just reported on a three night stay at the Westin Warsaw with lounge access.
The Westin lounge was good, but not comparable to the Sheraton in Warsaw (which has been outstanding this past year and half).

We lived in an apartment just down the street from the Westin for the past year. I love the location for practical living. And it really is a short walk to the centre.

If I had family visiting, I'd put them down the street from the Westin.

Future visits to Warsaw for myself, I'm staying at the Sheraton. Lounge offering was super healthy and extensive. You could literally eat there every night. Amazing for full-time hotel living.

Note, stayed:
30 nights at Sheraton Grand Warsaw February 2022. Plus plus other dates
30 nights at the Marriott Warsaw March 2022
5 nights at Hotel Bristol, Warsaw in 2020 on suite upgrades
visited Moxy's Warsaw for a speculative booking, lol

Thanks! Will book the Sheraton Instead.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 3:48 pm

Quick update. Changed my Hotel Verte to The Westin at what may be the lowest rate I've paid for a fs MB (outside the pandemic) at $115 CAD CAA rate.

Received the same suite location ine floor up on the 16th. The welcome gift improved from macarons and berries so more berries and macaron pops.

Lounge offerings during the afternoon are quite extensive with 7 pastry options and a couple of muffins and cakes. Celery cakes, bao buns, and pork were in offer during cocktail hours in the even.

Will split my time back here between here and Hotel Bristol after nesr the end of the month. The staff are too kind 😅.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:30 pm

Lounge offerings during the afternoon are quite extensive with 7 pastry options and a couple of muffins and cakes. Celery cakes, bao buns, and pork were in offer during cocktail hours in the even.
Are these lounge offerings available on weekends as well?
Old Sep 4, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
OT - I had never heard of celery cake - now I have a new thing to cook (looked up some recipes) - amazing the things I learn here

Quick update. Changed my Hotel Verte to The Westin at what may be the lowest rate I've paid for a fs MB (outside the pandemic) at $115 CAD CAA rate.

Received the same suite location ine floor up on the 16th. The welcome gift improved from macarons and berries so more berries and macaron pops.

Will split my time back here between here and Hotel Bristol after nesr the end of the month. The staff are too kind 😅.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I thought the Westin Warsaw was decent, but it needs some updating. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to an Executive Deluxe Suite the morning of arrival
  • Furniture was comfortable
  • Bed was comfortable - plush mattress, two of the pillows were nice and plush, plush covers - I slept well
  • Delivered a nice gift with my name written on it and some interesting candied balls
  • Had to ask, but was basically told I had 4 PM checkout
  • Lounge is decent - interesting donuts in the afternoon - ignored evening service as I wasn't hungry
  • Fun scenic elevators
Neutral:
  • Breakfast can be lounge or restaurant without a gift choice, but the restaurant breakfast could be improved - the pancakes were good, but I found the omelet to be a bit dry and too full of meat (not enough cheese)
Cons:
  • Shower pressure was not good
  • Shower tiling needs a good scrub to remove mildew or whatever it was
  • Knocking at 2:15 PM
I liked the Sheraton more.

Photos:

Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
ElevatorEnthusiast, are you following me around? We've gone to 4 of the same hotels in the past few weeks . I'm home now though...

They gave me a corner room (sold out) for 3 nights and ~8 macaroons together with some fruit. I agree that the breakfast downstairs is on the weaker side. Ended up having breakfast in the lounge for the other 2 days for convenience - you can order eggs upstairs as well. Evening offerings in the lounge were definitely sufficient for dinner, and I definitely appreciated that they put out some kind of lunch offering.

I forgot to ask about late checkout before getting the keys made, and when I finally mentioned it, the agent told me they were already setup 4pm .
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:14 pm

After Covid, the quality of breakfasts decreased in Warsaw Marriott hotels.
The hotel service, especially the front desk and lounge, is much better in the Westin.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
ElevatorEnthusiast did you also try Hotel Bristol? Curious how it compares to the other Warsaw properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.