Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
In the near future I'll have a stay at both the Westin and at the Marriott in Warsaw, will be interesting to compare the two.
Have you stayed at both properties yet and can compare the offerings for P/T/A members? Seems like from above offering at the Westin seems fairly decent in lieu of lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Not yet, only at the Marriott. That was a straight suite upgrade for Plat (no SNA used) from lowest. Very pleasant stay and excellent location. If you're so inclined, the airport train is a very good & cheap option, but the cab (Free Now) cost only 5€ so there's that.

The Westin comes up next month.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Not yet, only at the Marriott. That was a straight suite upgrade for Plat (no SNA used) from lowest. Very pleasant stay and excellent location. If you're so inclined, the airport train is a very good & cheap option, but the cab (Free Now) cost only 5€ so there's that.

The Westin comes up next month.
thanks for the experience on upgrade at the Marriott, and maybe more appropriate for the Marriott Warsaw thread, but can you comment on breakfast and the afternoon "in-lieu" offering at the Marriott for Plat/Tita/Amba?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
thanks for the experience on upgrade at the Marriott, and maybe more appropriate for the Marriott Warsaw thread, but can you comment on breakfast and the afternoon "in-lieu" offering at the Marriott for Plat/Tita/Amba?
The club moved over to the 2nd floor restaurant. They had a full spread in the evening, hot food, drinks, etc. Breakfast was also at the restaurant, again full spread. No "in lieu of" as they had the normal offerings
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, back from the Westin Warsaw. Again, booked the cheapest room, got Plat upgrade to exec. suite.

The Club is still closed, you get voucher in lieu which you can use in the gound floor bar (happy hour incl.) I did not use them, so cannot comment further.

The included breakfast is in the main restaurant downstairs - nice spread.

There's an "executive lunch", a 3-course nice lunch in the bar, for a grand total of ten bucks, served until 3pm.

Location is not bad, but the Marriott is slightly more central.

To avoid the afternoon traffic jam, I chose the train to the airport (about 70 cents, 25 minutes). Make sure you go to the correct station, the one behind Warsaw Centralny.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
At the property now. Lounge is open, even though the website says it's closed, and guests are to use the lobby bar. Anyway, great that the lounge is back after a closure that lasted for nearly 2 years. Upgraded to executive suite on 20th floor, facing city centre - 5 night stay. Welcome gift in room. I have stayed here many, many times for the last 15 years, and I have been upgraded nearly every time. A lot of staff turnover though, which is unfortunate.

Little interesting - I noticed that they do not use the Westin branded bath amenities anymore. Now they use some generic brand, which seems quite cheap. Not an issue for me, but I noticed the same thing at the Sheraton Warsaw earlier this month as well. Generic, cheap stuff. The only Le Grand Bain amenity they had was body lotion. I guess it's cost cutting...
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by skrosvik
At the property now. Lounge is open, even though the website says it's closed, and guests are to use the lobby bar. Anyway, great that the lounge is back after a closure that lasted for nearly 2 years. Upgraded to executive suite on 20th floor, facing city centre - 5 night stay. Welcome gift in room. I have stayed here many, many times for the last 15 years, and I have been upgraded nearly every time. A lot of staff turnover though, which is unfortunate.

Little interesting - I noticed that they do not use the Westin branded bath amenities anymore. Now they use some generic brand, which seems quite cheap. Not an issue for me, but I noticed the same thing at the Sheraton Warsaw earlier this month as well. Generic, cheap stuff. The only Le Grand Bain amenity they had was body lotion. I guess it's cost cutting...
and... you will find le bain at Bristol (Luxury collection) :-D. No, the problem is the disrupted supply chain. Many hotels complained they were not able to procure branded toiletries in the past six months. On the other hand, those are all cheap and produced in the same factories in China .
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:52 am

So, Bristol and another hotels don't have problem with supply chain ?? ....
They saving cost on all in Westin and Sheraton Warsaw, spoke with staffs and you will know reality.
Look at breakfast how it is now limited, not this same as before covid.
skrosvik likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dimon84
and... you will find le bain at Bristol (Luxury collection) :-D. No, the problem is the disrupted supply chain. Many hotels complained they were not able to procure branded toiletries in the past six months. On the other hand, those are all cheap and produced in the same factories in China .
Bristol downgraded their amenities from Byredo to little brother Gran Bain?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Bristol downgraded their amenities from Byredo to little brother Gran Bain?
That was the case in December. I was told that this is because the "le chemins" parcel was held at the customs for more than a month. Don't know if this is true of course. but I doubt they would lie if that would be a permanent downgrade.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinium, Hilton Gold, AA Gold
Westin Warsaw breakfast

Executive Lounge is open now. Food and drinks are served from 6 pm to 8 pm. However, the breakfast for Platinum members is served in the main restaurant. Like always very good breakfast.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:17 pm

Any more recent experiences?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
I was there last year and they treated us as aways very well. Lounge was open with the usual spread and booze, breakfast in the restaurant was good, 4 pm late checkout was granted, and they upgraded us to a suite. I generally can highly recommend the three Marriott properties I stayed in Warsaw: the downtown Marriott (unbeatable if you want views and/or are coming/going by train), the Westin, and the Renessaince at the airport. I also stayed at Moxy in Warsaw which was fine although obviously a different category. Courtyard at the airport is a dump.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ft_one
Any more recent experiences?
Originally Posted by outgoing
I was there last year and they treated us as aways very well. Lounge was open with the usual spread and booze, breakfast in the restaurant was good, 4 pm late checkout was granted, and they upgraded us to a suite. I generally can highly recommend the three Marriott properties I stayed in Warsaw: the downtown Marriott (unbeatable if you want views and/or are coming/going by train), the Westin, and the Renessaince at the airport. I also stayed at Moxy in Warsaw which was fine although obviously a different category. Courtyard at the airport is a dump.
I'll be here, the Sheraton, Marriott, Bristol, Verte, and Renaissance Airport later in September.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 8:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was there a couple of weeks ago after my landlord randomly changed the locks on my Warsaw apartment.

I got an upgrade to a high floor corner room despite only booking 30min before. I received an amenity of a chilled bottle of white wine, which was really unexpected. All round, this appears to be quite a well run hotel and better value than it’s competitors in the market a lot of times.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.