Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I am staying at the Sheraton from May 6th to May 11th. I booked a standard room for 48000 points (5th night free). Of course, I thought that access to Towers lounge was complimentary for Platinum (which I am). Well, I was wrong...

I called SPG back and was able to book a Towers room for 10000 points more.

Now, is it really worth it?

I will be there for pleasure and breakfast would be nice. Is the difference between the Oyster bar and the Platinum lounge really worth 10000 points?

Evening cocktails and snacks could be nice but are not a must.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:39 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
As a platinum you would get full breakfast at the buffet or in the towers in the oyster bar with the view of the harbour. Happy hour would be the 9th floor windowless lounge or the 16 th floor lounge with the view. Both have alcohol and snacks but the towered lounge is much nicer. If you haven't been before or you plan to be in the hotel a bit I would spend the points. I still do although I have a quick one night stay in June and am debating it.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Jet777Boy
I am staying at the Sheraton from May 6th to May 11th. I booked a standard room for 48000 points (5th night free). Of course, I thought that access to Towers lounge was complimentary for Platinum (which I am). Well, I was wrong...

I will be there for pleasure and breakfast would be nice. Is the difference between the Oyster bar and the Platinum lounge really worth 10000 points?

10k total or 10k per night?

You can use points to upgrade to a Towers room within 5 nights of your stay for a lot less than 10k per night (circa 4k IIRC).

10k total is good value. This isn't a great property but the Towers lounge is probably it's best feature.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus

Actually, did you look at the cash rate(1500hkd/nt) for those dates? 48k points is not worth it as the Sheraton HK is a lot cheaper than usually for those dates!

If you're rich on points the W should be more interesting for a leisure stay.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the feedback!

It is 10000 points total. So 58000 points for five nights in a Tower room.

Not the first time in HK. But first time with the gf and last time I was staying at the Ymca in a window-less room. So it is not really hard to beat.

190-ish $US is too much for my budget. Trying to keep things to a minimum.

Do they serve breakfast items in the 9th lounge? How's the breakfast ammenity for plats at this hotel (if I am not staying in the Towers)? I could choose the breakfast option instead of the 500 points.

And pool access is for all guests right?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

Not the first time in HK. But first time with the gf and last time I was staying at the Ymca in a window-less room. So it is not really hard to beat.

Do they serve breakfast items in the 9th lounge? How's the breakfast ammenity for plats at this hotel (if I am not staying in the Towers)? I could choose the breakfast option instead of the 500 points.

The pool is very small and on the roof but I think it is for all guests. I have only stayed here in Towers Rooms however. I think 10k is reasonable value for 5 nights of Towers upgrade.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
When I have stayed there I thought the breakfast in the regular dining room was great. I think it was a regular plat benefit, and not the amenity but am no sure. The lounge I recall was unimpressive , the windowless one. In the room the upgrade harbor view was excellent.

Last time I was in HKG the Sheraton had no C &P and points availability was on the high end, whereas intercontinental had their C&P equivalent. Although only gold there I thought it blew away what I was used to at Sheraton as Plat.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:04 pm

The regular breakfast can be a zoo, it gets very busy. Food&beverage quality is good, though.

The lounge isn't really that bad for a quick drink or two.

Not to mention this property has a Casa del Habano which is my main reason to stay here!
Old May 8, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

Just checked-out today at the Sheraton HKG. They are pretty good with compli suite upgrades for Platinum Guests. Would you prefer a tower room plus 10K extra points or main building compli suite upgrade?

Never had an experience not being upgraded to their suites as a plat. guest regardless if its revenue or points (in fact I have a specific suite which I like to stay in).

Breakfast is FREE for platinum guests in the lobby and it's pretty good IMHO. Get the 500 points. And yes, pool access is compli for all staying guests.

My suggestion is to request for a compli suite upgrade due to "romantic getaway" on the remarks field of your reservation.

Happy hour at room 915 (club lounge) is not that filling when it comes to food..But you do get free flowing alcoholic beverages. And oh btw, make sure your reservation is for 2 pax...There is a charge of 75HKD for an additional guest to enter the club lounge if your reservation has only 1 pax.

IMHO, best Starwood property in HKG for platinum member benefits.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:18 pm

I completed a 2 week stay at the HK sheraton and it was great. The towers staff was awesome. Check in was a breeze. The breakfast on the 18th floor was spectacular. They even held my table for me everyday at the same time. The snacks and drinks at the towers lounge was great also. I highly recommend getting the towers package. So worth it. I was even upgraded to a suite. Kudos to the HK Sheraton staff! Much better service then Shangri La Hotel in HK IMHO.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:41 pm

I had a wonderful stay here myself. Initially was given a deluxe harbor room but was upgraded to a suite after one day...then asked for my deluxe room back. Well documented, but the view of the harbor is great. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet downstairs as well.

Full review.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWRHKG
I completed a 2 week stay at the HK sheraton and it was great. The towers staff was awesome. Check in was a breeze. The breakfast on the 18th floor was spectacular. They even held my table for me everyday at the same time. The snacks and drinks at the towers lounge was great also. I highly recommend getting the towers package. So worth it. I was even upgraded to a suite. Kudos to the HK Sheraton staff! Much better service then Shangri La Hotel in HK IMHO.
While I do like the towers level a lot to say it has much better service than the SL Horizon Club in either central or Kowloon is a bit of a stretch
Old May 25, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Pay for the towers upgrade... Totally worth it if you drink in the lounge at light. View at the windows is excellent.
Old May 25, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Pay for the towers upgrade... Totally worth it if you drink in the lounge at light. View at the windows is excellent.
Huh? There is no view in the lounge. Did you mean the room?

the view from the upstairs bar is far superiour - I would rather Burn extra cash there than on the room unless it's high enough.
Old May 25, 2013, 6:42 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by remymartin
Huh? There is no view in the lounge. Did you mean the room?

the view from the upstairs bar is far superiour - I would rather Burn extra cash there than on the room unless it's high enough.
I think you mean the 9th floor lounge. The Towers has it's own lounge on the 16 floor with a fabulous view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.