Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:43 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by clublounger

"easier"? How hard is it to walk 100 feet from the train to a taxi at Kowloon Station? And then to be dropped off at the hotel's entrance! And the taxi ride is less than $5.

Bad advice imho.
I hate to pile on but the walk from the airport line to the red line at Hong Kong station takes longer than the taxi from Kowloon station.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Sheraton Hong Kong 2008 - [Master Thread]

Are there Towers rooms with Twin ( two ) beds?

For some reason when booking they offer two beds in 'sheraton' section but not in 'towers' section where I can only find King

Enjoyed my stay last year so I ' m coming back
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by abk
I hate to pile on but the walk from the airport line to the red line at Hong Kong station takes longer than the taxi from Kowloon station.
Probably true, but there was a decent amount of construction around Kowloon recently. Could factor in somewhat.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Probably true, but there was a decent amount of construction around Kowloon recently. Could factor in somewhat.
Nope.

Kowloon Station, everyone.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: DL Plt, SW A+, SPG Plt, HH Silver, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by ConfusedInJapan
I'm about to book my second stay at this hotel.

Last time I booked a harbour view room in the main hotel and that is what I received (no upgrade). The room seemed very small but was OK. I think it was on the 9th floor. Was given a full breakfast which was very good value.

This time around I am considering a few options:

1) Harbour view in the towers
2) Deluxe harbour view in the towers
3) Exec suite in the main hotel

The rate for all of these options is pretty similar at around 2700 HKD. I notice the non-towers equivalent of 1 and 2 is about 500 HKD cheaper. Are the Tower rooms good value at 2700? Or is it better to book the cheaper rooms in the main hotel then try to upgrade with points?

From these options, the exec suite seems the best value, but would welcome the opinions of others who've tried these rooms. Things that are important to me (in order) are: quiet room, room large enough for two people, high floor, good view.
It is probably here a few times but I book the Towers for the following reasons:
1: Add these up, you get them free in the Towers:
A: Free breakfast on the top floor - private for Towers guests, or Downstairs in the Buffet.
B: Free internet
C: Great lounge in the evening, generally packed but free drinks and food, as well as they do afternoon tea.
D: Private Reception area on 16th floor
E: Platinum upgrade to Suite (when available) or Larger Harbor view room
F: Free 2 Hr use of Board room for meetings
G: !0% discount in House for restaurants (Not Mortons)

I have found that all of these add up to way more then the increase between the Main house and the Towers, Breakfast and internet alone cost more.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Chrislorl
It is probably here a few times but I book the Towers for the following reasons:
1: Add these up, you get them free in the Towers:
A: Free breakfast on the top floor - private for Towers guests, or Downstairs in the Buffet.
B: Free internet
C: Great lounge in the evening, generally packed but free drinks and food, as well as they do afternoon tea.
D: Private Reception area on 16th floor
E: Platinum upgrade to Suite (when available) or Larger Harbor view room
F: Free 2 Hr use of Board room for meetings
G: !0% discount in House for restaurants (Not Mortons)

I have found that all of these add up to way more then the increase between the Main house and the Towers, Breakfast and internet alone cost more.
Don't you also get free laundry/pressing?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:51 am

Hi all,

I'm only an SPG Gold, and I had booked 4 nights using all points in a deluxe room for my upcoming stay in September. I emailed them about an upgrade and they offered me the following:

1, Main House deluxe room with partial harbor view on SPG floor (8-11), or
2, Main House deluxe room on 17th floor with city view, or
3, Main House harbor view room for HK$300 + 10%

Now, I thought all rooms on the 17th floor were Tower rooms? Or are there actually Main house rooms on this floor? Should I opt for this upgrade instead of the partial harbor view?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:10 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I believe what they did was take some of the 15th floor harbour view rooms and make them Towers rooms and at the same time took some of the city rooms on the 17 floor and made them into main house rooms. Although I could be wrong on this. A city view on the 17th floor is nothing special, I would take a partial harbour view on the spg floors or pay the extra for the harbour view.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Don't you also get free laundry/pressing?
Well I did miss that, but they stopped the Laundry last year some time, but you do get a discount. They will press a jacket a day for free and do a shoe shine too.

I remember when Laundry was cheap in Asia, I used to have everything done before I flew home. Nothing like the way they wrap and pack everything in bags, folded, perfect.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:56 am

Just asked to see their Instant Awards brochure and apparently there is no more Towers upgrades?

They are only offering upgrades to the Main House Harbour view, and Main House Executive suites.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by aquila10
Just asked to see their Instant Awards brochure and apparently there is no more Towers upgrades?

They are only offering upgrades to the Main House Harbour view, and Main House Executive suites.
How do you ask to see that? Is it via email?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
If you book in the main house, you only get main house upgrades. You have to book in the Towers to be upgraded in the Towers. It is basically two different hotels.... And now the battle begins.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chrislorl
If you book in the main house, you only get main house upgrades. You have to book in the Towers to be upgraded in the Towers. It is basically two different hotels.... And now the battle begins.
I have booked many times in the Sheraton (main house) and the used SPG points in advance for a confirmed upgrade to the Towers. This thread has quite a few posts about it- and what a few of us have considered one of the best value uses of points in APEC region.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
I booked a towers room for 5 nights using points. Is there a way to book a towers harbor view room with more points? I'm an spg gold, so I doubt I would receive an automatic bump to a harbor view room. Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, they sent me a PDF of their brochure.

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have booked many times in the Sheraton (main house) and the used SPG points in advance for a confirmed upgrade to the Towers. This thread has quite a few posts about it- and what a few of us have considered one of the best value uses of points in APEC region.
How do you get a confirmed upgrade to the Towers, did you just email them and ask for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.