Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:27 pm

I personally prefer to take the buffet breakfast in the lobby level cafe than the lounge.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by hypermodern
I have a stay this coming weekend. I'm using points to upgrade to towers room as platinum.

What are the upgrade options in towers room for Plats?
What happens if I apply SNA? Do I get upgraded too?
Can I use both towers lounge and the regular lounge? I have friends who are SPG plat, not staying at towers but regular hotel, and I'd like to join them at times?
I got the answer already for the first two,
You can be upgraded if available to harbor/suite in towers.
You cannot apply towers AND sna at the same time. either SNA at main house or towers, not both.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:20 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Ask the towers reception people to authorize your key for the 9th floor lounge and they will do it without any problem. I do this a lot.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Does anyone has a discount code or corporate rate that can be used at this property? I am hoping for under US$200 per night somehow, since my company offers the Excelsior at $160 per night.

There is no Cash & Points option at this hotel on SPG.com, has anyone gotten that option before?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Sheraton Hong Kong 2008 - [Master Thread]

All hotels have to offer cash and points
You are probably unlucky on dates
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

The Sheraton HKG is very thin on C&P offerings... almost to the point of uselessness.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:03 am

Checked in for a two week stay and got a Harbour view on the 15th floor...not bad for a Gold with almost 0 nights stay this year. By far the nicest Sheraton I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at a lot). Free breakfast and wifi included in our corporate rate. Which is like a 350HKD savings a day...awesome.

Definitely recommend this hotel to other people. Beds are hard but I like a firm mattress and I've been sleeping well. Coworkers are complaining about their backs haha
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: DL Plt, SW A+, SPG Plt, HH Silver, Marriott Gold,
This is very simple to fix. Just stop by the front desk and let them know. They will be happy to add a mattress pad and soften things up for you. Don't be bashful that hotel is all about service. Hard beds are standard in Asia. Also make sure you explore, check out the Towers lounge on 16, and the gym and restaurants you access from 17.

Also Happy Hour at Mortons Monday through Friday means free filet steak sandwiches. Ask for Tak at the bar and tell him Chris say's hello.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by Chrislorl
Also Happy Hour at Mortons Monday through Friday means free filet steak sandwiches. Ask for Tak at the bar and tell him Chris say's hello.
I visited once and remembered Tak from the bar, strong Nepal guy.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Does anybody have insight on rooms that can accommodate a family of 4? Kids below 10y. I would hope to be able to book a normal room with 2 queens if that exists. Not sure if a plat upgrade would help, i will probably end up at 46 nights this year and miss out on SNAs.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Chrislorl
This is very simple to fix. Just stop by the front desk and let them know. They will be happy to add a mattress pad and soften things up for you. Don't be bashful that hotel is all about service. Hard beds are standard in Asia. Also make sure you explore, check out the Towers lounge on 16, and the gym and restaurants you access from 17.

damn, wish I had seen this...was totally looking for a good steak sandwich and would have tried it...next time.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 pm

Bed type not guaranteed using points?!

I have no status on SPG since I do not stay many nights this year, but I was able to confirm 7 nights at HKG Sheraton this Xmas for me and my family. This will be my first time staying there. I booked a deluxe king room using points. I called to add extra bed for my 8-yo kid. There is a usd$35 per night and I have no problem with it. I wonder if the room is big enough to add extra bed. NOt sure if this is a twin bed or a toddler bed. No big deal!

Anyway, I was surprised to be told by the hotel that bed type is not guaranteed and its only a request. When I checked my email confirmation it says...

Room Description
King Bed
• Deluxe Non-smoking, Smoke-free
• 27 Sq.m/291 Sq.ft • I Pod Docking Station
• Sweet Sleeper Bed • 37 Inch Lcd Tv
• Garden Or Cityview

I thought it confirmed the room & bed type. Can someone confirm if this policy is true?

For those who stay at this hotel before, do you think the room is too small to add extra bed? Since I will pay for extra bed, do you think the hotel will give us a bigger room?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by sxchan
I have no status on SPG since I do not stay many nights this year, but I was able to confirm 7 nights at HKG Sheraton this Xmas for me and my family. This will be my first time staying there. I booked a deluxe king room using points. I called to add extra bed for my 8-yo kid. There is a usd$35 per night and I have no problem with it. I wonder if the room is big enough to add extra bed. NOt sure if this is a twin bed or a toddler bed. No big deal!

Anyway, I was surprised to be told by the hotel that bed type is not guaranteed and its only a request. When I checked my email confirmation it says...

Room Description
King Bed
• Deluxe Non-smoking, Smoke-free
• 27 Sq.m/291 Sq.ft • I Pod Docking Station
• Sweet Sleeper Bed • 37 Inch Lcd Tv
• Garden Or Cityview

I thought it confirmed the room & bed type. Can someone confirm if this policy is true?

For those who stay at this hotel before, do you think the room is too small to add extra bed? Since I will pay for extra bed, do you think the hotel will give us a bigger room?
Award nights are not guaranteed bed type. Paid rooms are.

Yes, there is room for an extra bed. I'm assuming it's a foldable twin bed that they will put in the room for you.

I don't see an upgrade simply based on you paying for the extra bed. Work your charm at check in.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Towers upgrades are few.....

I just received email from the Sheraton HKG Towers informing me that as I had booked Towers room, Harbour view deluxe, the only upgrade possibility is DOWN to a city view corner suite.....As for us, the view is key, they said they don't upgrade to Towers Harbour view suites, they are not an upgradeable type....

"Meanwhile, please kindly note as you are our valued Platinum member, the upgrade room available would be our Tower Executive Suite with City View/courtyard view or the Tower Harbor view room, subject to room availability. If guest prefer harbor view, kindly be informed that the Tower Deluxe Harbor View room ( current room type) is the highest category of room that we can arrange for Platinum member upgrade"

So I wouldn't book this room type if you are hoping for an upgrade, because it appears we have no where to go They should adjust this....As we are paying a rate similar to the peninsula.....any chance of an upgrade would be appreciated.....

Safe travels to all!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: DL Plt, SW A+, SPG Plt, HH Silver, Marriott Gold,
Generally the upgrade in the tower is from a city view to a larger harbor view (not the standard). If you basically book the best, there is no where to go. There are only 2 harbor view suites so chances would be slim even if they did that upgrade. I have had the city / garden view suite many times, it's a nice room but I enjoy the view of the harbor as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.