Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:06 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
The problem for you is that the discounted rates are usually loaded late. Until the end of December the current best one is spg355n which is 35% off rack plus every fifth night free and double points.

My Platinum Ambassador has tended to be able to negotiate rates of around 80,000 CFP per night around a year in advance by using that sort of deal, and I have then switched at a later date to better deals like SPG50.

By the way, to answer the other question about restaurant transfers.....

The St Regis will book restaurant bookings for you, and transfer you to their base at Anau for around $10 return. The restaurant will then pick you up and return you in a minivan. It's certainly a lot cheaper than eating at Jean-George's Lagoon restaurant!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:03 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Virtuoso at this property

If I booked & paid SR BRBR through virtuoso would I receive credit and points? Or does it depend on whether I pay before or at the resort?

The prior discussions didn't clarify the issue for me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...tarpoints.html
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
If I booked & paid SR BRBR through virtuoso would I receive credit and points? Or does it depend on whether I pay before or at the resort?

The prior discussions didn't clarify the issue for me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...tarpoints.html
It does, just make sure that the travel agent adds your member no. on the booking and check if you can see it under my stays.

I've tried it at the St. Regis Punta Mita and got all the credit.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:46 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

So just to clarify--

I pay $1000 per night at SRBB, there's a triple point promo, I would get 6,000 bonus points and another 1-3k for AMEX, 1 point per $ at hotel and 1 plat 75?

I don't want to sound dense, but at 8000 points per night (AMEX pre-payment is a forgone conclusion) at 6+ nights--I don't want to lose 48,000 points.

How would I clarify that with SPG, just to be sure and also that I get any promos.

If all this works, seems like Virtuoso is a much better option than online.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:12 am

St Regis Bora Bora pictures and resort map

Visited St Regis Bora Bora Resort in September '12 (site inspection)
Pictures and a scan of the Resort map can be found on my blog. Thanks!

http://travel.bart.la/2012/12/16/st-...a-bora-resort/
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:14 pm

Which OWB at SR Bora Bora ?

I will be PLAT by the time of our stay (late March) and have Suite Upgrades?
The best rates I can find for our 3 nts are

STD $1050
SUPERIOR 1086
DELUXE 1420
PREMIUM 2000

Any help with the best strategy would be appreciated.

tia
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:26 pm

Check out the St. Regis Bora Bora master thread and you can read about other people's experiences there.

Here is a thread that talks about suite night awards, they are available.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18460592-post208.html
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:33 am
DCF

It's only an extra $36 per night for the Superior, and you probably should book that, as those bungalows are more private.

The "Premium" are too luxurious for most people - do you need the extra space and the pool on your deck?

I usually get my Ambassador to book Superior, and they usually upgrade me to a "Deluxe", which is near the end of the wooden bridges and looks out across to Bora Bora island across the lagoon.

All the bungalows are identical inside apart from the Premium ones. The difference is just the view and the privacy.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:57 am

UPDATE

They can now get me

SUPERIOR $850 w/ breakfast
DELUXE $1100 w/ breakfast

Do I book the SUPERIOR and hope for a PLAT upgrade?....and is that probably a given ?

or

book the DELUXE and hope to get upgraded to the PREMIUM... and what are my chances that will happen?.... and is the PREMIUM that much more of a once in a lifetime experience ?

Sorry for all the questions
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
When are you going? Just curious how you got such a good rate...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:03 pm
DCF

I'd refer you to the map of which rooms are which type:

http://bartlapers.files.wordpress.co...resort-map.pdf

The top of the pic faces the main island, while the bottom faces the motu (reef island on which the hotel is built).

The rule of thumb for Plats is that they will usually upgrade you out of a standard owb into a deluxe one.

I've never heard of anyone getting upgraded into a Royal Overwater Bungalow, which is equivalent to a Presidential Suite in a normal hotel. I've also never heard of anyone getting upgraded into a Premier Overwater Bungalow, and while the jacuzzi would be nice, the view wouldn't be great.

I would take the Superior at $800 per night. The hotel is usually half-empty, but I've never been upgraded beyond that even as a repeat guest whom they know.

Last edited by DCF; Jun 14, 2014 at 2:56 am
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by DCF
I'd refer you to the map of which rooms are which type:

http://bartlapers.files.wordpress.co...resort-map.pdf

The top of the pic faces the main island, while the bottom faces the motu (reef island on which the hotel is built).

I've had three stays here, following five at the Bora Bora Nui, which was under the same management.

The rule of thumb for Plats is that they will usually upgrade you out of a standard owb into a deluxe one. I keep getting 229 (which has inadequate toilet plumbing).

I've never heard of anyone getting upgraded into a Royal Overwater Bungalow, which is equivalent to a Presidential Suite in a normal hotel. I've also never heard of anyone getting upgraded into a Premier Overwater Bungalow, and while the jacuzzi would be nice, the view wouldn't be great.

I would take the Superior at $800 per night, which is roughly what my Ambassador tends to get me. And as I've written, as a Plat they tend to upgrade me into a Deluxe. The hotel is usually half-empty, but I've never been upgraded beyond that even as a repeat guest whom they know.
I was told that I was upgraded into Premier Overwater Bungalow in 2009. My original reservation was for: 1 King1 Bdrm Overwater Villa. There is no mention of the word 'premier' in the original reservation,so the upgrade may actually have been real.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by ezron
is the PREMIUM that much more of a once in a lifetime experience ?
Yes!

Day - Herring Colored Mt. Otemanu

Night - Surreal Southern Sky
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
When are you going? Just curious how you got such a good rate...
We're going in late March(2013)....

to get that price I just called Starwood and got the RUSH TO PARADISE rate

which gives you a special $$$ AND Bfast....they said it's good until a certain

number of rooms are gone (what ever that means)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:47 am

DCF or anyone else...

If you could choose where you would get placed ---where would it be ??

and in your opinion--is it good to be nearer the first ones?....the pool?...or at

the end??

tia

Last edited by ezron; Dec 23, 2012 at 7:47 am Reason: add

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.