Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by ezron
took your advice and took the DELUXE and crossed our fingers....tried to use an SNA (which didn't work)....but somehow someway the day of arrival they upgraded us to the PREMIER (103).....my wife loved it so much she might not
get mad at me the rest of the year !!.....

thanks to you and DCF for all of your help
Good to know! You are quite welcome!
Old May 9, 2013, 12:03 am

a lil off topic. does anyone know if you are allowed to visit other resorts. ie if im staying at the IC, can i visit the st regis to eat? is it worth it to check out the other resorts like the hilton and the 4 seasons etc?

thnx
Old May 9, 2013, 4:30 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by dyhppy
a lil off topic. does anyone know if you are allowed to visit other resorts. ie if im staying at the IC, can i visit the st regis to eat? is it worth it to check out the other resorts like the hilton and the 4 seasons etc?

thnx
It's definitely NOT worth visiting any of the other offshore motu hotels like the Thalasso, Hilton, Le Meridien, Four Seasons or Pearl Beach, because they are clones.

The two hotels which have always been worth a visit are the now-defunct Hotel Bora Bora and the Moana InterContinental, at opposite ends of magnificent Matira Beach on Bora Bora island.

The Moana IC used to offer a lunch deal where you paid something like $100 and got a fantastic set lunch and use of their amazing beach (and towels and changing rooms). That may still be available, and it's worthwhile.

Basically, the things to do on Bora Bora for a visitor are:

1. Jeep safari (approx 4 hours)
2. Shark-feeding (approx 4 hours)
3. Dinner at Bloody Mary's (if you can handle Roman Polanski being on their list of guests of honour).
Old May 9, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD

thnx
Yes you are. Not sure if the IC shuttle would stop at the St. Regis, but you could always take the St. Regis shuttle from the shuttle dock in the Anau district.
Or just take the complimentary bus from Matira Beach and Vaitape Village to the dock, then board the shuttle.
Here is the shuttle schedule:
http://tahiti-tourisme.com/tiarenews...huttleBoat.pdf
Old May 9, 2013, 11:47 am

the st regis shuttle isnt free though right? nothing is free besides the IC resort shuttle correct? and is it true that you cant even get to the Thalasso from the airport for free?
Old May 9, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
the st regis shuttle isnt free though right? nothing is free besides the IC resort shuttle correct? and is it true that you cant even get to the Thalasso from the airport for free?
SRBB shuttle is free. There was a airport transfer fee (baked into the hotel bill), but not from the resort to the main island.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:01 pm

im planning to stay at the thalasso. my understanding is the hotel has a shuttle for like 90 bucks per person or i have to take free shuttle from airport to main island, then taxi to IC moana, then free to the thalasso?

thanks everyone

anyone ever done a nice sailing half day trip or sky dived? i looked into the skydive and they are seriously ripping customers new holes. they only offer a jump from helicopter for 2 people for around $2500 usd. anyone know a cheaper option cuz i would love to jump in bora bora.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:30 pm

A couple of quick questions:
  • What should one expect for weather christmas through new years?
  • I read in some places that this is the "wet season" but in other posts, people talk only about passing rain showers and that this remains a good weather time to go? Experiences?
  • Best fare I have seen from NYC for the dates I want is about $2,700 in coach. Is that a normal fare for this time a year or is it a bit pricey?
  • Some people have mentioned that St. Regis lower rates get loaded closer to the travel date. Any thoughts on how far out better rates get released?

Still trying to figure out a plan, but probably around 2-weeks in the islands.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:00 pm
DCF

Woodsmit
I definitely would not go to French Polynesia in December or January. If you have a 2 week vacation you have around a 90% chance of your vacation being ruined by rain.

Two days out of every three it will rain for most of the day. It's just really unpleasant, and if you can't speak French you will have two activities: go to the spa or watch CNN International for 16 hours per day. And it will be really humid even when it isn't actually raining.

I don't like to book Bora Bora any earlier than Easter, and I won't book it any later than the second week of October. It's an April to October destination, and even then in July and August you need a sweater at night and the ocean is slightly chilly.

If you want an Asia-Pacific beach vacation in December-January, you have two options in terms of good weather.

You can go to Hawaii or go to coastal Thailand or Malaysia.

December is the rainiest month of the year in Honolulu. There are 7 rainy days and 96 mm of rain. (August has 3 rainy days and 11mm of rain).

In comparison, Bora Bora gets around 320 mm of rain each month in December and January.

If you do decide to do it, you should take a lot of DVDs with you, because you're going to spend a lot of time in your bungalow.

As for lower rates, in my experience they are loaded every January for the rest of that year.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by DCF
If you want an Asia-Pacific beach vacation in December-January, you have two options in terms of good weather.

You can go to Hawaii or go to coastal Thailand or Malaysia.
Maldives?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:05 am

thanks for the thoughts. guess no Tahiti this xmas.

As for maldives, looks great. $2k a night at the time i looked seemed a bit much, unfortunately. Just booked a flight to Europe for a winter xmas. took advantage of the lufthansa business special and thinking about salzburg for xmas and venice for new years
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:03 am

has anyone had any luck booking cash and points here
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:06 pm
DCF

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
has anyone had any luck booking cash and points here
Same issue as your Le Meridien question.

The best rates at this property are paid rates of 35% off rack with 6th night free or the periodic SPG50 discount.

Both rates put you within striking distance of the C+P rate of 30,000 Starpoints per night plus $625.

I'd budget for around $800 per night on a paid rate with breakfast and see this property as somewhere to earn points at a rapid rate, not burn them.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:13 pm

Question from an SPG redemption noob: I don't see any way to redeem points for St. Regis Bora Bora. I know it's limited participation but others seem to refer to awards in the past. Do they just no longer exist? Am I searching the wrong way? Maybe I should be using IE instead of Chrome :/

I try "redeem starpoints" and it says not available for my date, view availability calendar. But the calendar shows all dates, and can only show paid rates, no awards?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by djibouti
I try "redeem starpoints" and it says not available for my date, view availability calendar. But the calendar shows all dates, and can only show paid rates, no awards?
Its because it is an all suite property. You need to call to redeem points. The amount is a horrible ratio. Usually 120,000 pts a night. Better off paying and earning points for the stay. But fabulous property. My favorite and you will have a blast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.