Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$15K/night overwater. whoa.

AFAIK That beats all the other giant OWs at other Bora Bora/Maldives properties (non Starwood).

The craziest one I remember had a chef's bedroom, and was only accessible by boat (2 speedboats docked at bungalow).

I wonder if jgold was there when they checked in
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
$15K/night overwater. whoa.

AFAIK That beats all the other giant OWs at other Bora Bora/Maldives properties (non Starwood).

The craziest one I remember had a chef's bedroom, and was only accessible by boat (2 speedboats docked at bungalow).

I wonder if jgold was there when they checked in
This may explain why jgold could not be upgraded to that accomodation.

I wonder if this hotel would comp the accomodations mentioned to a high profile couple if only for the free publicity it generates (i.e., as in the "news")?
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or they might do the reverse, comp all the other expenses but not the room.

Unless maybe they leaked it themselves, in which case they probably invited them and gave them either comp, or huge discount :P
Old Jun 29, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AirCan Prestige
Or they might do the reverse, comp all the other expenses but not the room.

Unless maybe they leaked it themselves, in which case they probably invited them and gave them either comp, or huge discount :P

They aren't the only celebs in residence:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3526433

Maybe *wood is comping for celebs
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both these articles are completely wrong..

The Royal Estate is NOT overwater. It's their "presidential suite" on a private island. I've seen information on it before. Impressive, but not overwater. In my opinion, you can go anywhere for such a villa.

Since it's on its own island (I guess that is a certain attraction, but still.. there is Vale O for example. And that's all inclusive.) > there is no "walkway," making it hard for Eva to be "down the walkway" and "next to" Nicole..

Maybe she's next to jgold though :P
Old Jul 3, 2006, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Just got back from the BBN yesterday. I had thought about booking the SRBB, but did not want to risk it still not being done. I saw the G4 that Kidman flew in on (US REG N999GP registered to a Las Vegas Corp?) I met with one of the front desk workers at the SRBB and told him I had already heard of Eva and Kidmand staying there. He smirked and said he could not comment, but after some proding, I was also told Cindy Crawford was also staying there last week. He said the photographers were on Jet Skis and trying to hang around. He said one woman checked in saying her husband had just left her so she was staying by herself with only camera gear and an overnight bag! After seeing the SRBB, I prefered the location of the BBN much more over the SRBB.

Jim
Old Jul 3, 2006, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by plagioia
Well, now that the BBN will no longer be the 'Golden Child' of Bora Bora, it'll be interesting to see what kind of effect this will have on the resort. Will they try even harder or fall further behind?
imo the meridien in BB is superior to the BBN. the BBN is plain and tired, while at least the meridien's setting is truely great and unique. service is comparable and Meridien definitely less tired then BBN. The bottom line is that if you are used to very high quality hotels/resorts the BBN doesnt cut it (and imo, never has). im checking the SR out in november and ill see for myself, however inspecting it with jetski's while they seemed to be finishing contruction (it appeared they were done already, it was all silent and deserted it was last march)i must admit the area didnt seemed spectacular... just another resort. (again from the water its kind of tough, we were just pointing out the other contructions going on visible to the eye, and the way the layout of the owb were). until then le tahaa on tahaa will make you feel like your on a deserted island all by yourself, rather than just on another resort next to another resort etc... in BB over-contsruction might kill the magic.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
I saw the G4 that Kidman flew in on (US REG N999GP registered to a Las Vegas Corp?)

Jim
wow figured the BOB runway wouldnt handle it... when flying in from PPT or another island usually ATN takes the WHOLE runway to get the plane up. (it ain't no G4 )
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
some additional press on the SRBB following the grand opening:

ourism : 06/07/2006 @ 10:05
Australia wastes no time promoting St. Regis Resort Bora Bora

(Tahitipresse) - The Australian travel industry has wasted no time promoting the new 100-village St. Regis Resort on Bora Bora with last week's honeymoon stay by movie star Nicole Kidman and country music star Keith Urban.

E-Travel Blackboard, an Australian travel industry Internet website, posted an article Wednesday (in Tahiti) promoting the resort that opened June 20. "For just AU$6,110 (US$4,530/€3,558) per person, twin share, you can discover why this resort is the choice of the stars."

That's the starting price for seven-night packages for Air Tahiti Nui Sydney-Papeete flights between Nov. 1 and Dec. 15 and from March 1-31 next year. "The package includes: return economy airfares, two nights at the Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti, five nights at St. Regis Bora Bora and breakfast and dinner daily. Higher rates apply during other periods," according to the E-Travel Blackboard article.

The Kidman-Urban honeymoon literally put the St. Regis Resort, Bora Bora, on the world map, with perhaps an assist from "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria and her boyfriend, Tony Parker, the star of the NBA team San Antonio Spurs. Both couples stayed at the resort at the same time.

The E-Travel Blackboard article billed the resort by telling readers, "now you too can indulge in luxuries enjoyed by the stars".

The St. Regis Resort is the second deluxe hotel to make a soft opening on Bora Bora in the past two months. The 80-villa InterContinental Resort and Thalasso Spa opened on May 1.

Two other hotels on Bora Bora have recently reopened after major renovation and upgrading work. They are the 67-bungalow Inter Continental Le Moana Resort Bora Bora, which had been closed since last October, and the 65-bungalow Sofitel Marara Bora Bora, which had been closed since July last year.

The St. Regis Resort, Bora Bora, is the legendary brand's first resort in Tahiti and Her Islands, billing itself as "introducing an unrivaled dimension of luxury and hospitality to the South Pacific".

The 44-acre (17.8-hectare) resort presents itself as offering "the most luxurious accommodations in the region"—from the $1 million-plus construction price tag for each over-the-water and beach villas to "St. Regis' personalized services and amenities, including 24-hour concierge, room service and the legendary St. Regis Butler Service".

The Butler Service is but one of many "firsts" that the St. Regis Resort sees itself bringing to French Polynesia. Others include "over-water villas with private swimming pools suspended over the lagoon, two secluded beach villas with private helicopter pad access, the largest resort beach in the region, private island spa, the first private island estate villa" and the St. Regis' Creativity Club, which provides supervised indoor activities for children.

The St. Regis also offers "three world-class restaurants", including an over-the-water Signature Restaurant and Bora Bora's first sushi restaurant and sake bar". There also is a "Focale pool with swim-up bar and a romantic adult pool offering romantically sequestered private day-bed cabanas".

One of the hotel's main attractions is the Spa Miri Mir, which is billed as one of the resort's "signature amenities" and "the first luxury spa to occupy its own private island".

Milton Sgarbi, general manager of the St. Regis Resort, Bora Bora, notes, "The pristine islands of French Polynesia have become one of the most sought-after destinations in the world." Travelers will be enchanted by "the most luxurious, secluded and breathtaking resort in the region," boasts Sgarbi, an 18-year veteran in the luxury hospitality industry. "I am confident that the St. Regis Resort, Bora Bora, will stand among the finest resorts in the world."

The hotel's seclusion is enhanced a maximum by its location on a "motu", an islet, within Bora Bora's world famous lagoon. While ideal for celebrities worldwide, the seclusion is combined with luxury to offer special programs for personalized weddings and honeymoons.

Many of the villas have terrace whirlpools or private swimming pools. The one-, two- and three-bedroom villas range in size from 1,550 square feet (144 sq. meters) to the resort's ultra-luxurious 13,000-square foot (1,207-sq. meter) Royal Estate, which is set apart in a secluded cove.

Room rates at the St. Regis Resort start at US$950 and go up to $15,000 for the Royal Estate.

Besides the Royal Estate, there are four pool beach villas, 64 over-the-water villas, eight premier over-the-water whirlpool villas, seven premier beach pool villas, two royal two-bedroom beach pool villas and five royal two bedroom over-the water pool villas.

The in-room features include two 42-inch plasma screen televisions, Bose DVD/CD player, high speed Internet access, individual air conditioners, mini-bar, personal safe and an outdoor shower.

The St. Regis Resort becomes the fourth Starwood Hotels & Resorts managed property in French Polynesia in association with Louis Wane, who also owns the 200-room Sheraton Hotel Tahiti, the 104-bungalow Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and the 120-bungalow Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

The Starwood Group in French Polynesia also includes the 150-room Le Méridien Tahiti and the 99-bungalow Le Méridien Bora Bora.

ATP
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
Just weighing in on the St. Regis... in typical, excellent, St. Regis-service-style, I got a call Tuesday (a little over 2 weeks in advance of my arrival) to confirm my stay.

Re: my conversation with Simona who called to welcome us, she was extemely polite, professional and demonstrated excellent follow through. 3 hours after our call, she followed up on every one of her prompts / promises: she volunteered the activity card, the spa list and our guest preference form; beyond that, I had one request for information on helicopter transport between Taha'a and Bora Bora, which--as expected--showed up with the rest of my package.

Anyway, so far, everything has lived up to and exceeded my extremely high expectations for the St. Regis brand...

Will keep you posted... Looking forward to meeting Milton, Nicole and Simona on what I hope will be an exceptional honeymoon trip...

Look for a trip report from me sometime mid-to-late September... (in about a week, we'll be offline for a little while... )
Old Aug 11, 2006, 3:54 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Take several bottles of mosquito repellent to Taha'a (see other thread!)
Old Aug 20, 2006, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Holy!!!

http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels....OP_US_ST_1743&

Request upgrades???

Considering W Maldives (just about) doubled their rack rates to make SPG50 (nearly) worthless, I can't imagine they'll do upgrades.

With the 2 props priced about the same (except W Maldives having a much cheaper 2BR, as well as a larger more expensive overwater) upgrades @ SRBB would be a real competitive edge.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 20, 2006 at 7:33 pm
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:29 pm

Holy!!!

http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels....OP_US_ST_1743&

Request upgrades???

Considering W Maldives (just about) doubled their rack rates to make SPG50 (nearly) worthless, I can't imagine they'll do upgrades.

With the 2 props priced about the same (except W Maldives having a much cheaper 2BR, as well as a larger more expensive overwater) upgrades @ SRBB would be a real competitive edge.
I tried it just for kicks... Lets wait and see to see if anything happens, though I doubt it. Thanks for the link.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Kagehitokiri, et al...

I'll try the link, but got a "upgrade poker" question for ya:

We're going to Tahiti/Bora Bora in Oct, and I have rooms booked at:

Tahiti Sheraton 1 night (pay w/ pts -10/11k)
Moorea Sheraton 1 night (pay w/ pts - 13.5k)
or
pay $$ to get 'stay' credit...haven't decided)

Le Mer Bora Bora 4 nights (pay $$ to get the 'stay 4, pay for 3' promo)
St Regis Bora Bora 1 night (pay w/ pts - 50k off-season)
Tahiti Sheraton 1 night (pay w/ cash to get 'stay' credit)

9 nights total in FP.

I have no idea about availability at the St Regis at the end of Oct, and want to assure us of a very nice suite in this property, as we can only afford 1 night there, whether we're paying with points.

Is this upgrade link only good for paid stays, or is there something I can do to assure myself of one of the Overwater Bungalow suites on an award stay?

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SRBB is only 50K for overwater? I must need to call again, because they started wtih 60K low season beach room when I called, but I keep hearing lower, so they must have been off..

anamaniac, let us know what happens!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.