Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You could try putting in three adults with 0 children if you are trying to make an award booking. Otherwise, I'd reach out via email and ask. The reef villa living rooms are quite spacious with more than enough room for roll away + crib. They had no issue with us requesting two cribs. One nice thing with bringing a 1 year old is that they will provide free food for the child and waive the room service fee. They allow you to select any item off the menu and not just a children's menu.
So you're saying, even if room service is intended for adults (i.e. no item ordered off children's menu), they'll still waive the mandatory gratuity + delivery charge for the room service as long as we have a child in our villa? And you're saying, anything off children's menu is free as long as we have a child in our villa (although adults might be the ones who eat them)????

Do you know what is the quality of the crib at StR? I've seen some of the cribs provided at other hotels, and they're so bad that we just let our infant sleep on the bed with us.

BTW, I am currently booked with overwater superior villa (not the bigger reef villa) cuz our initial plan was just two of us when I made the reservation back in January, although I am sure overwater villa is still big enough to hold 2 adults, 1 senior, 1 infant.... however, i'll still send them an email to ask them if this is allowed....
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You could try putting in three adults with 0 children if you are trying to make an award booking. Otherwise, I'd reach out via email and ask. The reef villa living rooms are quite spacious with more than enough room for roll away + crib. They had no issue with us requesting two cribs. One nice thing with bringing a 1 year old is that they will provide free food for the child and waive the room service fee. They allow you to select any item off the menu and not just a children's menu.
I just got StR response....

===============================

I take this opportunity to let you know that we are unable to accommodate your party of 3 adults and 1 infant in the Overwater Superior Lagoon View Villa as the maximum occupancy for this villa type is 3 persons – adults and children included.

Should you wish to stay together in the same villa, we are delighted to let you know of our 2-Bedroom Reefside Garden Suite Villa with Pool, or the 2-Bedroom Overwater Royal Otemanu View Villa with Pool which have a maximum occupancy of 5 persons.

Otherwise if you would like to keep your current booking as is, I need to let you know that the third adult will absolutely need to stay in an additional 1-bedroom villa as per the Resort’s policy.

===================================

The response sounds like they are very firm on this, and there is no wiggle room even for family of 2 adults + 2 kids cuz it says max occupancy is 3 people (counting adults or children). I wonder how you guys got them to agree to put 2 adults + 2 kids in a villa?

I also inquired about Hilton Moorea and Conrad Bora Bora (two other resorts in my trip), and they are both OK with 3 adults + 1 infant staying in same villa (with additional supplement charge for the 3rd adult). I heard Conrad Bora Bora's location isn't as ideal as StR, but I wonder if it's worth staying more days at Conrad to save the money if StR doesn't let 3 adults and 1 infant in one villa.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
So you're saying, even if room service is intended for adults (i.e. no item ordered off children's menu), they'll still waive the mandatory gratuity + delivery charge for the room service as long as we have a child in our villa? And you're saying, anything off children's menu is free as long as we have a child in our villa (although adults might be the ones who eat them)????

Do you know what is the quality of the crib at StR? I've seen some of the cribs provided at other hotels, and they're so bad that we just let our infant sleep on the bed with us.

BTW, I am currently booked with overwater superior villa (not the bigger reef villa) cuz our initial plan was just two of us when I made the reservation back in January, although I am sure overwater villa is still big enough to hold 2 adults, 1 senior, 1 infant.... however, i'll still send them an email to ask them if this is allowed....
Kids + adult meals = Meals for kids are free, charge for adult meals + delivery fee
Kids meals only = Free meals with no delivery fee

You have to specify on the phone that you are placing a kids meal order and when it comes to your room ensure that they've removed the charges from the bill. You can order any item from the full menu and also add on a dessert. They'll ask you what they want to drink. We usually had a late breakfast and early dinner. Let's just say that there were a lot of leftovers and it would be pretty easy for a parent to skip lunch or dinner.

Crib was decent. I liked that it was not a pack and play and also that it was on wheels which allowed you to place them in the bedroom and then wheel them out to the living room when it was time for the parents to sleep. The overwater villa in my opinion is not large enough for three adults and infant, though there is a long hallway that you could put the crib. I think it would not be comfortable for more than just a few nights.

I just got StR response....

===============================

I take this opportunity to let you know that we are unable to accommodate your party of 3 adults and 1 infant in the Overwater Superior Lagoon View Villa as the maximum occupancy for this villa type is 3 persons – adults and children included.

Should you wish to stay together in the same villa, we are delighted to let you know of our 2-Bedroom Reefside Garden Suite Villa with Pool, or the 2-Bedroom Overwater Royal Otemanu View Villa with Pool which have a maximum occupancy of 5 persons.

Otherwise if you would like to keep your current booking as is, I need to let you know that the third adult will absolutely need to stay in an additional 1-bedroom villa as per the Resort’s policy.

===================================

The response sounds like they are very firm on this, and there is no wiggle room even for family of 2 adults + 2 kids cuz it says max occupancy is 3 people (counting adults or children). I wonder how you guys got them to agree to put 2 adults + 2 kids in a villa?

I also inquired about Hilton Moorea and Conrad Bora Bora (two other resorts in my trip), and they are both OK with 3 adults + 1 infant staying in same villa (with additional supplement charge for the 3rd adult). I heard Conrad Bora Bora's location isn't as ideal as StR, but I wonder if it's worth staying more days at Conrad to save the money if StR doesn't let 3 adults and 1 infant in one villa.
We were two adults and two infants. I made the initial booking and then reached out to the liaison email asking if they could accommodate two cribs and if they charged children this age for transportation to/from the airport. Their response was that they would have two cribs in the room and the transportation would be provided to them at no additional cost. My initial booking was for the reefside villa and we were upgraded to the OWV a few days out. We ended up splitting out time between the two villa types.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:20 pm

Whats the latest cost these days to upgrade base awards room to an OWV?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 1:05 pm

I have a couple of points reservations in September which I am going to release. Sept 9 -17 and Sept 13 - 23. If anyone is looking for those dates and would like to coordinate releasing, please send me a PM. If no one gets back to me, I will cancel on Wednesday.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:25 pm

Here now if anyone has any questions. Was just at the StR Maldives 6mo ago, so the able to make comparisons if there's interest.

They definitely make it easy to enjoy breakfast on arrival if you arrive before it ends (I would say 10am would be a comfortable cutoff). As Titanium, daily gift has been boutique choco bar thus far (plus an extra served with morning coffee). But let me say: the french toast at breakfast is unbelievable to someone who's only experienced regular diner-style; unashamed to say I've probably had a loafs-worth already.

As an update to my prior post, Air Moana was seamless without any issues at all! Can't say what could happen with IROPs, but enjoyed the (non-internet connected) wifi with games/map and French pastry at the meal service.

Edit: Cabana #2 at the adult pool also has the best view of Otemanu.
Edit 2: I don't think anyone has mentioned the occasional dog barking (I believe from a neighboring island); you can definitely hear them from various locations on the property.

Last edited by flayum; Jul 1, 2023 at 8:09 pm
Old Jul 1, 2023, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by flayum
Here now if anyone has any questions. Was just at the StR Maldives 6mo ago, so the able to make comparisons if there's interest.

They definitely make it easy to enjoy breakfast on arrival if you arrive before it ends (I would say 10am would be a comfortable cutoff). As Titanium, daily gift has been boutique choco bar thus far (plus an extra served with morning coffee). But let me say: the french toast at breakfast is unbelievable to someone who's only experienced regular diner-style; unashamed to say I've probably had a loafs-worth already.

As an update to my prior post, Air Moana was seamless without any issues at all! Can't say what could happen with IROPs, but enjoyed the (non-internet connected) wifi with games/map and French pastry at the meal service.

Edit: Cabana #2 at the adult pool also has the best view of Otemanu.
Edit 2: I don't think anyone has mentioned the occasional dog barking (I believe from a neighboring island); you can definitely hear them from various locations on the property.
They only hand out cholocate every day? I thought it's weird that they don't give out variety of daily gift...

You have a photo of the free StR branded tote bag that they hand out on arrival? I wonder if it's still as high-quality as the ones from few years abck.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
we got a fruit platter and sparkling water and wine and a carafe of juice on arrival, the chocolate bar on day one and two, were told we can keep the bag that was already in the room, got a St Regis Bora Bora branded sarong on day four or five, and a St Regis Bora Bora branded leather travel set (2x luggage tags, 2x passport covers and a notebook) in a big fancy box on day seven.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
we got a fruit platter and sparkling water and wine and a carafe of juice on arrival, the chocolate bar on day one and two, were told we can keep the bag that was already in the room, got a St Regis Bora Bora branded sarong on day four or five, and a St Regis Bora Bora branded leather travel set (2x luggage tags, 2x passport covers and a notebook) in a big fancy box on day seven.
Sorry, yes, we also received the fruit platter, sparkling + still water, and champagne; but not juice? Only staying 3 nights, so that's probably all we'll get.

You have a photo of the free StR branded tote bag that they hand out on arrival? I wonder if it's still as high-quality as the ones from few years abck.
Did not get a tote bag though! I'll ask my butler about that. There have definitely been a few service mishaps though (asking for something and never receiving or hearing back) and our butler is sometimes unresponsive (asked to cancel a dinner reservation and ended up getting a call from the restaurant asking where we were).
Old Jul 2, 2023, 4:27 pm

Was just at the StR Maldives 6mo ago, so the able to make comparisons if there's interest.
We also stayed at the STR Maldives last year.

If we had done Bora Bora first, I think we would rave about both properties. However, having done the Maldives first, Bora Bora didn't live up to the level of product and service that we had in the Maldives
Old Jul 2, 2023, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
If we had done Bora Bora first, I think we would rave about both properties. However, having done the Maldives first, Bora Bora didn't live up to the level of product and service that we had in the Maldives
Exactly our thoughts. It's too bad because we really prefer the vibe with Otemanu looming over you and the accessibility of the rest of the lagoon (+lagoonarium is a spectacular attraction), but the property falls short on essentially everything else. Was lamenting the total lack of amenities here and the really lackluster breakfast in comparison. Really wish we had appreciated it more while we were there!
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:46 am

really lackluster breakfast in comparison
what annoyed me how they would take forever replenishing the tiny plate of bacon and the hash browns (which were really good) both of which ran out in minutes

the buffet was comparable to something at a Sheraton

and if you ordered eggs to be made, you had to tell them how many. first time I ordered just plain scrambled eggs, they did it with just one egg...

the Italian place had really good food and service. the Latin night at the bar was also really good. Lagoon did not come close to living up to the hype (the tasting menu was my anticipated highlight for meals). honestly, I can't remember the other four meals right now, and we were there just two months ago
Old Jul 14, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP
Stay until Jul 28

My wife, son (13yr), and I will be here for the next 2 weeks. We’re an active family, and would be keen to coordinate an excursion(s) with like-minded FTers, and/or connect our son with other teenagers. Please DM me if interested.

Just settling in here, but so far our impressions are excellent. Titanium treatment is great, and French Polynesia is exceeding our expectations. Please also feel free to DM me if you have any questions about the current realities at the property…
Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:11 pm

5 nights

Has anyone been able to book 5 nights at once recently? Looking to cancel a stay for later this year but wanted to make sure it’s possible to book 5 nights at a time. This was an issue a few months. If you are able to book 5 nights at once, please let me know if used the app or site. Phone or computer. Which browser?

TIA
Old Jul 19, 2023, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Has anyone been able to book 5 nights at once recently? Looking to cancel a stay for later this year but wanted to make sure it’s possible to book 5 nights at a time. This was an issue a few months. If you are able to book 5 nights at once, please let me know if used the app or site. Phone or computer. Which browser?

TIA
Last month I was able to book two different 5 night reservations with no issue. I was on my iPad using a browser. Not the app.

TD
mharlan100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.