BCN Barcelona flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN Barcelona flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:49 pm

Overnight at Barcelona Sants

My plan this October is to arrive in Barcelona Sants station on the AVE from southern Spain, likely Sevilla in the late afternoon/early evening, stay overnight at a hotel at Barcelona Sants, and then take the airport train to catch a 845am Air Berlin flight the next morning. Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

It appeared to me to make more sense than staying at the airport, as there does not appear to be a hotel directly in the terminal. Staying at Sants would allow the opportunity to take a quick look at Las Ramblas.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:12 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
My plan this October is to arrive in Barcelona Sants station on the AVE from southern Spain, likely Sevilla in the late afternoon/early evening, stay overnight at a hotel at Barcelona Sants, and then take the airport train to catch a 845am Air Berlin flight the next morning. Does that sound like a reasonable plan?
Sounds perfectly reasonable, except, of course, for the part where you spend so little time in beautiful Barcelona.

To get to the airport from Sants you would just need to catch the R2 train straight to the airport. The first one departs Sants at around 5:15am, so you should have plenty of options to make the 8:45am Air Berlin flight (the trip takes less than 20 minutes, and the trains come around about every 30 minutes).

Hope this help!

Cheers,
Aleksandra
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by OrangeDonutTours
Sounds perfectly reasonable, except, of course, for the part where you spend so little time in beautiful Barcelona.

To get to the airport from Sants you would just need to catch the R2 train straight to the airport. The first one departs Sants at around 5:15am, so you should have plenty of options to make the 8:45am Air Berlin flight (the trip takes less than 20 minutes, and the trains come around about every 30 minutes).

Hope this help!

Cheers,
Aleksandra
Thanks for your input, Aleksandra! Fortunately, I was able to spend a few days in beautiful Barcelona in 2008. This time, Granada and Sevilla are on the list, along with a few days in Madrid and vicinity. I'm also looking forward to riding the newer AVE services, including possibly the direct Sevilla-Barcelona train, which I understand runs once daily, bypassing Madrid, along with the Paris-Madrid tren-hotel! Last time, I used the Paris-Barcelona Elipsos service.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I'm looking at doing a turnaround in BCN next week on DL arriving in T1 it seems. JFK-BCN arrives at 940AM and I depart for ATL 1140AM. Is this enough time to connect? I've done this in MAD twice now with no issues but is it the same with BCN? I'm flying nonrev as well so I will have to go to the ticket counter most likely to check in.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I'm looking at doing a turnaround in BCN next week on DL arriving in T1 it seems. JFK-BCN arrives at 940AM and I depart for ATL 1140AM. Is this enough time to connect? I've done this in MAD twice now with no issues but is it the same with BCN? I'm flying nonrev as well so I will have to go to the ticket counter most likely to check in.
Anyone have any information on the above?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:50 am

Anyone have any information on the above?
Unless something goes horribly wrong at immigration you'll be in the departure hall 40 minutes after landing (the latest). If you're first of the plane and have no luggage, you'll be there in 10 minutes.

There is also a Swissport (who do the handling for Delta) transit desk in the international area. I'm not sure if they do ticketing also, but if your incoming flight is late it might save you the time of going through immigration (if you don't have luggage).

In any case, I have never seen really long lines at immigration at BCN. But I have just not noticed it (since I use the EU lines).
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bcn is quite like tsp in size and activity. nice clean airport. some of the gates at bcn are a bit of a walk. under normal conditions, i think over an hour is plenty time. however, i have not been there during the release of a big soccer match, or a major convention.

what difference does it make. you have made your bed.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
bcn is quite like tsp in size and activity. nice clean airport. some of the gates at bcn are a bit of a walk. under normal conditions, i think over an hour is plenty time. however, i have not been there during the release of a big soccer match, or a major convention.

what difference does it make. you have made your bed.
Well I'm nonrev/standby so I can change my plans if BCN isn't a viable option. The flight seems to arrive early most days so as long as it's similar in time to MAD then I should be fine I'd think.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Koby
Unless something goes horribly wrong at immigration you'll be in the departure hall 40 minutes after landing (the latest). If you're first of the plane and have no luggage, you'll be there in 10 minutes.

There is also a Swissport (who do the handling for Delta) transit desk in the international area. I'm not sure if they do ticketing also, but if your incoming flight is late it might save you the time of going through immigration (if you don't have luggage).

In any case, I have never seen really long lines at immigration at BCN. But I have just not noticed it (since I use the EU lines).
I should be the first off the plane. I doubt Swissport does ticketing (especially for nonrevs) so I'll have to head over to ticketing to do that. As long as I have my ticket in hand at 1 hour prior I should be good assuming BCN doesn't have outrageously long lines.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:55 am

Well I'm nonrev/standby so I can change my plans if BCN isn't a viable option. The flight seems to arrive early most days so as long as it's similar in time to MAD then I should be fine I'd think.
Normally BCN should be quicker than MAD. In MAD you have to go back to the main terminal (T4) from the satellite (T4S) for ticketing, correct?

What could be important, in case of a delay of your return flight: in BCN there is very little to do in the international area (shops, bars etc.). I think that there was more on offer in the T4S in MAD (but not sure anymore).
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Koby
Normally BCN should be quicker than MAD. In MAD you have to go back to the main terminal (T4) from the satellite (T4S) for ticketing, correct?

What could be important, in case of a delay of your return flight: in BCN there is very little to do in the international area (shops, bars etc.). I think that there was more on offer in the T4S in MAD (but not sure anymore).
This is a good point. If at all possible avoid clearing exit passport control until your flight is about to board. There's very little up there beyond a small duty free store, a newsstand and a McDonald's. There are far more shops, places to wait and things to do in the Schengen/Domestic area.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
This is a good point. If at all possible avoid clearing exit passport control until your flight is about to board. There's very little up there beyond a small duty free store, a newsstand and a McDonald's. There are far more shops, places to wait and things to do in the Schengen/Domestic area.
Delta doesn't use T4S in MAD so the walk wasn't much. Both times I've done turnarounds there I've been back through security within 30 minutes max. I've decided to do NCE this weekend due to the loads so I hope for the same experience there.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:40 am

connecting flight transfer time, Barcelona

Hi

We arrive with Vueling in Barcelona T1 at 16:30 and leave with SAS 18:10, we travel with checked bag, to be taken out and checked in again?.

Will there be enough time?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:40 pm

Is 1 hr enough for LX (schengen) to AA (non-schengen) cxn? Same terminal, but not clear to me how many checkpoints we will need to cross.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Is 1 hr enough for LX (schengen) to AA (non-schengen) cxn? Same terminal, but not clear to me how many checkpoints we will need to cross.
If it's on one ticket? Plenty of time. You only have to clear immigration (no security check), and I have never waited more than a few minutes there. (It's the same checkpoint as for passengers leaving from BCN.) You will be at your departure gate 10 - 15 minutes after leaving the LX plane.

I'm not sure however about extra checks at the AA gate and when you have to be there, but if they sold you this connection I assume it's OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.