BCN Barcelona flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN Barcelona flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Does anyone know for sure if I have a boarding pass for my second flight (separate ticket) will I have to clear formalities and re-check in , Or.. is there some form of transfer desk or facilities to facilitate and streamline the process. Thanks
Late answer, but in case anyone still wants to know: without checked luggage, and with a boarding pass, there is no need to go landside. There is a "connecting passengers" route that takes you through a security check and then immigration, and takes you into the main airside area (= the area for Schengen flights). I am not sure why you would need a transfer desk if you already have the boarding pass?
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
An atypcial datapoint for a connection on two separate tickets (Level and Vueling). Landed at BCN before schedule, was through passport control in about 5 mins (about 15 mins after touchdown), with bags through customs 10 mins later, bags re-checked (vueling) and back through security 30-35 mins after touchdown.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Palal
An atypcial datapoint for a connection on two separate tickets (Level and Vueling). Landed at BCN before schedule, was through passport control in about 5 mins (about 15 mins after touchdown), with bags through customs 10 mins later, bags re-checked (vueling) and back through security 30-35 mins after touchdown.
Nicely done! What time of day did you land? This will give us a greater perspective
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: United 1K
Have similar connection on 2 different tickets. Landing at 8:55am on Vueling and then connecting to a united flight at 11:15 am. I have 2 hours 20 mins to clear customs, pick up bags, recheck them with United and then clear security. Would anyone know if this is doable in Barcelona? The other worry I have is I’ve read Vueling is not the greatest for being on time. :/
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:09 pm

I'm considering a trip where I'd arrive in Barcelona at 1:30 PM on British Airways from London, and then fly out on Vueling at 5:10 PM on a separate ticket. I'm a U.S. Citizen that would need to clear immigration in Barcelona, and I suspect I'd be carry-on only. Is that doable?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by glboisvert
I'm considering a trip where I'd arrive in Barcelona at 1:30 PM on British Airways from London, and then fly out on Vueling at 5:10 PM on a separate ticket. I'm a U.S. Citizen that would need to clear immigration in Barcelona, and I suspect I'd be carry-on only. Is that doable?
I believe both are in T1, if so just use the transfer immigration line it goes very fast and ensure you have Web check in for vueling as you will need a boarding pass to re clear transit security . It’s pretty simple you should do it all within an hour
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by glboisvert
Totally.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:47 am

Nicely done! What time of day did you land? This will give us a greater perspective
4-6pm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:20 am

Flying and landing at BCN at 11 am on Aegean Air from Athens and need to catch an American Flight to USA at 12:50. Flying with USA Passports and carry-on baggage. From what I think I see both flights are in Terminal 1. Does this give us enough time and will we go through passport check and have to reenter security?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by dna2 sail
Does this give us enough time and will we go through passport check and have to reenter security?
Only passport control. You'll arrive in the general departures area (Schengen flights). All you need to do is walk to the central "plaza" (where the shops are), and then take the escalator up to passport control to get into the departures area for non-Schengen flights
Getting to passport control will take between 3 and 10 minutes. Then it all depends on the day, and how many police officers the Spanish state feels like dedicating to the booths there that day. Generally it takes only 5 to 10 minutes, but I have seen horror stories of 1h+ waiting times...
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:11 pm

Hello,
I will arrive in BCN at Terminal 2 at 9:35 from OTP and will connect to Terminal 1 on a Vueling flight to MAH at 12:00
Would you think 2H25 is enough to pick up, change terminal, check-in again ?
Thank you
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I'm doing an AA-S7 connection in BCN next week, all one ticket. I have not been able to gather any data points on whether AA can issue an S7 boarding pass. I read a trip report from 2015 where a passenger was let through with an e-ticket print out LHR to KUL with RJ CX and BA in economy. but other sources say I would have to enter Spain and go to the main check-in area. According to the AENA website, Swissport (S7's ground handler) does have a transfer desk after security. Does anyone know if transit security will allow you through with an eticket print out? Hopefully, AA will be able to print the S7 bp and I wont have to worry about it. Also hoping there is not a security strike next week;(
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by dls25
I'm doing an AA-S7 connection in BCN next week, all one ticket. I have not been able to gather any data points on whether AA can issue an S7 boarding pass. I read a trip report from 2015 where a passenger was let through with an e-ticket print out LHR to KUL with RJ CX and BA in economy. but other sources say I would have to enter Spain and go to the main check-in area. According to the AENA website, Swissport (S7's ground handler) does have a transfer desk after security. Does anyone know if transit security will allow you through with an eticket print out? Hopefully, AA will be able to print the S7 bp and I wont have to worry about it. Also hoping there is not a security strike next week;(
Well not specific to your airlines I came in on United issued ticket from EWR then separate ticket on Iberia I flew to MAD The transfer desk upon immigration cleared quickly with only my Iberia E ticket same with transfer security.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:46 pm

Well not specific to your airlines I came in on United issued ticket from EWR then separate ticket on Iberia I flew to MAD The transfer desk upon immigration cleared quickly with only my Iberia E ticket same with transfer security.
Thanks for the info. I will report back how it goes. BCN security is on strike so I really do not want to have clear immigration and go to the main check-in area now.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:07 am

Data point: AA was able to issue my S7 boarding passes but I pretended I did not have them at transit security just to see what would happen. I was able to clear transit security and get into the Miro lounge at BCN with just an itinerary. S7 staff had no problems issuing a BP at the gate as well.
Koby and Flying Machine like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.