BCN Barcelona flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN Barcelona flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:25 pm

Hi there, I need to get from IBZ to DUB on 4th Feb 2020
There is a Ryanair that arrives in T2 BCN at 09.15 and then another Ryanair to DUB at 10.20 - I am guessing also T2

Travelling on a UK passport, will this be a workable connection? Otherwise have to wait for the evening flight at 21.15....

thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I don't recall the security set-up T2, so not sure if you can connect directly or need to go landside first, but I'd say this is not comfortably workable, as you'll need to get through passport control and be at the gate by 9:50. Assuming your standard Ryanair procedures, I wouldn't expect to be off the plane before 09:35, which gives you 15 minutes to get to the gate. This is assuming everything is running on-time.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:16 am
Suspended

very useful. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:29 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
I revive this thread after some time. In few weeks I will connect at BCN arriving from AUH at 12.30 and I have a separate ticket with a FR flight to a Schengen destination and passport if this matters, connection will be around 6 hours and I'm not sure I will have the nerve for going to city center.
As far as understand if I need to take a new Covid test I can do it at airport lab without issues, right?
Any paid lounge available to spend some time, having a rest and some food in the Schengen departure area?
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
6 hours will be enough for this connection.
Clear customs in terminal 1, collect baggage and take the shuttle bus (or metro) to terminal 2 for Ryanair.
If you have the EU covid cert or proof of vaccination, you won't need any covid test unless your destination demands one.
You could pay to access the Aena lounge in terminal 2. Cost would be about 28 euros if the lounge is open. I reckon it will take 90 minutes for the connection, so you would have about 4 hours to kill in terminal 2.
If feeling adventurous, you could certainly head into BCN center, getting off the train at Passeig de Gracia. Trains run every half hour and the journey time is approx 25 minutes.
BobFF68 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
6 hours will be enough for this connection.
Clear customs in terminal 1, collect baggage and take the shuttle bus (or metro) to terminal 2 for Ryanair.
If you have the EU covid cert or proof of vaccination, you won't need any covid test unless your destination demands one.
You could pay to access the Aena lounge in terminal 2. Cost would be about 28 euros if the lounge is open. I reckon it will take 90 minutes for the connection, so you would have about 4 hours to kill in terminal 2.
If feeling adventurous, you could certainly head into BCN center, getting off the train at Passeig de Gracia. Trains run every half hour and the journey time is approx 25 minutes.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my vaccine is recognized in Spain but not at my final destination, my PCR test validity will be ending thus I need to show a rapid test later on, if I read well I need to take it at clinic in T1 before proceeding to T2, website mentioning that appointment is mandatory, not sure the info is correct or walk in is still OK. I will be traveling with a large trolley, Ryanair mentioning that bags check in only starts 2 hours before flight (I will try to anticipate but not sure if they are flexible on this) thus I guess a city hop won't be feasible as left luggage office is still closed (an email from Aena confirmed this).

Last edited by BobFF68; Nov 21, 2021 at 7:07 am
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BobFF68
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my vaccine is recognized in Spain but not at my final destination, my PCR test validity will be ending thus I need to show a rapid test later on, if I read well I need to take it at clinic in T1 before proceeding to T2, website mentioning that appointment is mandatory, not sure the info is correct or walk in is still OK. I will be traveling with a large trolley, Ryanair mentioning that bags check in only starts 2 hours before flight (I will try to anticipate but not sure if they are flexible on this) thus I guess a city hop won't be feasible as left luggage office is still closed (an email from Aena confirmed this).
Transport between terminals is by a bus, you won’t be able to bring your luggage trolley aboard. Be prepared
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by bhomburg
That's going to be a bit tight, but definitely doable.

Easyjet flights depart from Terminal 2C (they arrive at 2b). Similar to LHR, that's separate buildings, and you would not want to have to walk back....

Getting through customs and immigration should not be a long wait. The BCN airport was eerily deserted the last few times I've been through it. Also, there's not many non-EU arrivals, so there should be no long queues at immigration/customs.
Priority baggage delivery is hit-and miss - don't count on it. But BCN has a very modern and quick bag delivery system. Getting one's bags 15 minutes after deplaning is common there.

In my experience, going from T1 to T2c takes around 45-50 minutes all in all. But then, I have an EU passport and never had to wait at immigration at all.

Easyjet is more than strict with their check-in cutoff time (normally 40 minutes prior to departure). 10 seconds later than the time printed on your BP and you won't be accepted for the flight anymore.
Do OLCI, so you'll have your boarding passes already. In case you're running late that'll give you an additional 20 minutes - if worst comes to worst you'd need to check your bags at the gate. EasyJet closes the gate 20 minutes prior to departure.
All Easyjet flights arrive at Terminal C, Easyjet Schengen arrivals are usually disembarked via jet briges and enter via Gates R on the first floor, baggage reclaim is accessable via the no return doors although they can also be bussed if nessecery, Non Schengen Easyjet arrivals from the UK are always directly bussed from the aircraft to passport control on the ground floor, as its not possible to disembark NS pax into the passport control area at Terminal C directly into the terminal via the jet bridges.

Ryanair Schengen flights arrive through Terminal 2B, Non Schengen Ryanair flights arrive through Terminal 2A. Terminal 2B does have a Non Schengen bus entrance with a passport control area in the far right corner of the baggage reclaim hall, however it is now perminanty closed and no longer used, all non schengen arrivals at BCN T2 now can only disembark via either 2A for Ryanair and a few others or 2C for easyjet.

Last edited by nmcilveen2016; Nov 21, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Transport between terminals is by a bus, you won’t be able to bring your luggage trolley aboard. Be prepared
Was it maybe a Covid measure of some time ago? I emailed Aena (they are very quick in responding email requests) and they confirmed no issue on boarding the shuttle bus with baggage, it would be quite silly for an airport shuttle bus serving the two terminals only and not allowing baggage.

Last edited by BobFF68; Nov 21, 2021 at 11:33 pm
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BobFF68
Was it maybe a Covid measure of some time ago? I emailed Aena (they are very quick in responding email requests) and they confirmed no issue on boarding the shuttle bus with baggage, it would be quite silly for an airport shuttle bus serving the two terminals only and not allowing baggage.
I think you’re misunderstanding my statement. Of course you can bring luggage onto the bus there’s even a rack. I was cautioning you regarding the luggage trolley itself. The airport supplied trolleys are not permitted
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I am looking at arriving BCN T1 from ZRH (LX, Schengen) and returning again to ZRH on the same plane. I remember from before Covid that this was no problem at all, you walk out into the general departure level area and there is no need for security / border checks. Just confirming that Covid hasn't changed anything about this?
Old May 19, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Hey folks - I've got a T1 intra-Shenghen connection at BCN on separate tickets, and unfortunately the second flight will not generate a mobile boarding pass, meaning I need to get it from the airport. It's an SQ flight (Singapore Airlines) and was wondering if they have a transfer/transit desk in T1, so I won't have to go to landside and then airside again.

Any advice welcome!
Old May 23, 2023, 2:38 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by George K
Hey folks - I've got a T1 intra-Shenghen connection at BCN on separate tickets, and unfortunately the second flight will not generate a mobile boarding pass, meaning I need to get it from the airport. It's an SQ flight (Singapore Airlines) and was wondering if they have a transfer/transit desk in T1, so I won't have to go to landside and then airside again.

Any advice welcome!
The transit desk is operated by the ground handler, so in theory, they should be able to help.
Old May 23, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
All well in the end. I managed to get my onward boarding pass from my point of departure. The specific flight offloaded intra-Shenghen passengers directly into the departure gate/terminal, so the people on those desks could issue a pass too, in theory.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 3:54 pm

BCN Short Connection Back to US

Hello, I have a MAD-BCN-SFO Iberia reservation. Our last leg (BCN-SFO) is a Level flight operated by Iberia. We got notice the Level flight time was moved up, leaving us with just 1 hour and 25 minutes to connect in BCN for our US-bound flight. I believe both flights at BCN will be in Terminal 1. Is that short connection time feasible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.