Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received and deleted this offer email. I have no use for the companion pass myself, and never fly Southwest paid flights anyhow (not for the past decade, anyway).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Doing some checking, OAK/LGB is $39 OW Tuesdays and Wednesday. Five R/T equals $390.00. Not a bad price for the CP when you figure two credit card annual fees are 2 x $99.00, or $198.00.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Doing some checking, OAK/LGB is $39 OW Tuesdays and Wednesday. Five R/T equals $390.00. Not a bad price for the CP when you figure two credit card annual fees are 2 x $99.00, or $198.00.

LAS/LAX is also $39, nice for Las Vegas, Los Angles, and Bay Area residents.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nsx
This demonstrates Southwest's belief that the CP is an effective marketing tool, the use of which they intend to expand, rather than curtail.
Cleaning United's clock for intra-California share has been easy for the last decade. Southwest may need to work harder for share against AA and DL aspirations at LAX, and against AS+VX.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:18 pm

This would be under "Special Offers" on the web page, correct?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:12 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
This would be under "Special Offers" on the web page, correct?
No.

Login
My Account
Promotions
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by jco613
I believe refaring will work, but rebooking will assure it. Remember, no change or cancellation fees, so no harm in re-booking from scratch
You MUST rebook. That's cancel and repurchase. Refaring will not qualify.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:55 pm

4 paid RT trips to-date this year with 3 more scheduled. 6 paid RT last year. No offer for me.

Will msg them to see if I can get the offer.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
4 paid RT trips to-date this year with 3 more scheduled. 6 paid RT last year. No offer for me.

Will msg them to see if I can get the offer.
Don't get your hopes up. They will tell you that you get it if you get it, and they have no control over it.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by figment7
I think that was for A List or A List Preferred and not companion pass.
They did both.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I've flown WN once this year. Received the previous A-List offer and now this CP offer.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
Don't get your hopes up. They will tell you that you get it if you get it, and they have no control over it.
Was denied.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:52 am

Customer service will never extend any promotions to customers who didn't receive them directly. Not sure if this is policy, or if they lack the actual ability. (Knowing Southwest's IT, I suspect the latter.)
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I received the offer. I haven't flown southwest on a revenue flight for at least a few years. Last activity to keep miles from expiring was in 2014. I flew a award ticket last year that someone else redeemed for me but that's about it.

I do fly American quite a bit out of LAX and surrounding. Wondering if south west figured that out and trying to get me to switch.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien
I've flown WN once this year. Received the previous A-List offer and now this CP offer.
I received CP and previous A-list. No flights on WN this year. Last time was a one way award ticket in Dec 2015 and then another one way award in Dec 2014. Only thing I can guess is that they saw my KTN after I got GE in January. Perhaps somewhat ironically the nearly 2 hr wait for security at OAK on my last WN flight is what inspired me to finally take the plunge and get GE...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.