LEX Horse & Bourbon Do IV - April 4-6, 2014

Subscribe
Quote: Count me in for the Do. As long as no business travel pops up I will be there.

For those of you driving down from Chicagoland, did you know you will be driving through the land of great bourbon?

...Indiana!

I sent this rec to one of our Keeneland regulars and wanted to share with the whole group that the best bourbon I have had of recent is actually distilled in Indiana: James E. Pepper 1776 15-year.

Great stuff and I highly recommend giving it a try (note that James E. Pepper currently sells four whiskeys: 100-proof and 15-year old rye and 100-proof and 15-year old (bottled at 92 proof I believe) bourbon - the one that knocked my socks off was the 15 yr old bourbon. Pricey but a worthy special occasion bourbon.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Quote: I might have access to Pappy. If you want some, PM.
So the heist was an inside job, eh?
Quote: So the heist was an inside job, eh?
I'll never tell.
Cheap bourbons ranked:

http://deadspin.com/cheap-bourbons-ranked-1468454287

Of course, no reason this random guy knows any more than we do. And of course I doubt that we'd stoop to drinking this swill anyway.
Quote: Cheap bourbons ranked:

Of course, no reason this random guy knows any more than we do. And of course I doubt that we'd stoop to drinking this swill anyway.
The author of the article needs to be spanked by his Pappy!
Quote: Cheap bourbons ranked:

Last one to the track has to do a shot of this rotgut!

"Hints of caramel and corn are present but only to announce that they’re drowning in a sea of alcohol and thick iced-tea colored silt."

http://www.drinkhacker.com/2013/10/1...cky-gentleman/
Im thinking about it will talk with Dobolina this weekend and see if he is interested as well.. Happy Holidays and Safe Travels
Quote: Im thinking about it will talk with Dobolina this weekend and see if he is interested as well.. Happy Holidays and Safe Travels
Hope you can make it; LEX would not be the same without you.
It has been almost 3 weeks since this thread was bumped, so I thought it was time. Hope to catch the eye of a few more people.

SPG category 2 rooms (3K on weekends) are still available at the 4 Points, vs. $153-169 all-in for cash.

Avios redemptions on AA may be an economical way to get to/from LEX.
Ok boys, I'm in. Our house is on what was Calumet's orchard. It's inside the Circle now, but I could walk to Keeneland or LEX from there, if I were younger, and there were a few more sidewalks...

We'll likely have to take a hotel room too (tenant in the wing, no beds in the main house) but who knows.
There's plenty of floor space fer shure.

-- GG (and LexPassenger)

I suppose Griffin Gate is ruled out because Keeneland? I'd like to think it's not because y'all are all Starwood bots.
Excited for my first DO outside of Chicago. Count rxgeek +1 in. Driving and staying at 4Points.
Welcome aboard to both of you!

Quote: We'll likely have to take a hotel room too (tenant in the wing, no beds in the main house) but who knows.
There's plenty of floor space fer shure.

-- GG (and LexPassenger)

I suppose Griffin Gate is ruled out because Keeneland? I'd like to think it's not because y'all are all Starwood bots.
No problem with Griffin Gate, one of the best LEX hotels, just a few blocks from the 4Pts (in the past and probably still, you could figure out uniquely which one it is on Priceline). We are just all cheap. Plus Waffle House.

Griffin Gate, is that where your FT handle came from?

Just to be clear, 2 of you (GG and LexPassenger) are coming?

Quote: Excited for my first DO outside of Chicago. Count rxgeek +1 in. Driving and staying at 4Points.
Sounds good; you could caravan partway with Sweet Willie and the gang.
Quote: I'd like to again be riding with you sir. And hopefully we can make a stop at Sun King in Indy on the drive down. My growler will need to be filled for the Do!
"Growler" is singular?
i'm possibly interested. depends on my March travel schedule which isn't finalized yet. i'll try to solidify by mid-January? would be me, or me plus Mrs. PV_Premier.
Quote: i'm possibly interested. depends on my March travel schedule which isn't finalized yet. i'll try to solidify by mid-January? would be me, or me plus Mrs. PV_Premier.
Excellent, please let us know.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  17