Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon Do IV - April 4-6, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon Do IV - April 4-6, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Ashasan2005
We all appreciate the hospitality, but burdening your folks with 35 people, let alone flyertalkers after a bourbon trail tour, for dinner, even if it's catered, seems over the top. I just looked at the menu for Billy's, I'm in for some mutton bbq.
+1.

We don't want to overextend your parent's hospitality. I think dinner elsewhere is best. Plus you know these guys can get rowdy after a couple of cold ones
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
We don't want to overextend your parent's hospitality. I think dinner elsewhere is best. Plus you know these guys can get rowdy after a couple of cold ones
+1. They are wonderful for having everybody over, but stretching things out to dinner would likely be too much.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Also, I may be +1/+2 for parts of Saturday, as my cousin's son is a freshman at UK and I've invited him to join us either for the breakfast/horse farm, or for TMB's parents' gathering, depending on his schedule.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:54 pm

Maybe for "mommafrica +1"
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mommafrica
Maybe for "mommafrica +1"
Hope you can make it; it's great fun!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like Friday is sold out for cash or points at the Party Hotel. Sat. night still available. Maybe you could arrange to bunk with somebody.

If you have a Fri. reservation and are going to cancel, please let us know here and maybe it can be assigned to one of us.

Have not checked Fairfield down the street. There's a Knights Inn directly across. Also Griffin Gate, the best Marriott property in the area, is only a few blocks away. And a Clarion and an Embassy Suites nearby and probably others.

Bourbon Trail tourism up 12% in 2013: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/23/3...l-tourism.html

4-day Bourbon Fantasy Camp in May: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/13/3...y-bourbon.html

Last edited by toomanybooks; Feb 20, 2014 at 5:38 pm
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Sadly to say that +1 and I won't be joining you guys this time, just find out need to travel to Asia first week of April

Still have the room booked at 4 Points for those days, any one need it please p.m. me and I will be happy to transfer the name or I will cancel it in a couple weeks.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by karung99
Sadly to say that +1 and I won't be joining you guys this time, just find out need to travel to Asia first week of April

Still have the room booked at 4 Points for those days, any one need it please p.m. me and I will be happy to transfer the name or I will cancel it in a couple weeks.
Sorry to hear, maybe next time. We might repeat in October.

Please keep the room reserved as long as you can, as Friday is sold out. Almost surely someone can use it. Assume you can call hotel to add people to reservation, or switch the names?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I flew out of LEX yesterday and discovered that they have free wi-fi!

The guys who make KY Bourbon Barrel Ale sponsor a restaurant/pub there and you can get their products on draft. Not the best bourbon-barrel-aged beer around, but decent and a good introduction for lots of folks.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by FindAWay
This sounds like fun! I'm a maybe (with an even less sure +1) for now - unfortunately, I don't know what my schedule will look like this far in advance.
Unfortunately, I'm no longer a maybe as I won't be able to make it. Hopefully, next year!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Unfortunately, I'm no longer a maybe as I won't be able to make it. Hopefully, next year!
OK, thanks, maybe next time.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Sorry to hear, maybe next time. We might repeat in October.

Please keep the room reserved as long as you can, as Friday is sold out. Almost surely someone can use it. Assume you can call hotel to add people to reservation, or switch the names?
I'll hold this reservation for someone who could use it, do you have the date for Oct yet?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'll hold this reservation for someone who could use it, do you have the date for Oct yet?
No dates looked at yet. Open to suggestions.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:37 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
suggest earlier in Oct than later, better chance for warmer weather.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
suggest earlier in Oct than later, better chance for warmer weather.
Yes, plus don't want to interfere with an event that may pull some folks: Chicago Seminars. From keeneland.com:

"Keeneland's 2014 Fall Race Meeting opens on Friday, October 3rd and continues through Saturday, October 25th, with no racing on Monday or Tuesday."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.