Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Subscribe
Quote: Does the AB website automatically recognize BAEC Gold status?
Yes, in my experience the AB website does recognize BA status. Don't know about other OW elite levels though.

edited to add: for certain benefits
Quote: Does the AB website automatically recognize BAEC Gold status? It doesn't seem to recognize AA EXP status and still tries to charge extra for seat assignment. I suppose the best way to do this is to book the ticket on AB's website and then call to get seat assignment for OWE passengers.
No it doesn't, you have to call up.
I am OW Saphire via AA PLT. I booked my first AB flight 14th July. HEL-TXL-LPA-DUS-HEL.

The system let me put in my AA# but didn't acknowledge the status in any way that could be seen. However, I selected seats for the TXL-LPA and LPA-DUS segments online and paid for them.

Now when I check my Amex statement online, I can see that they have only charged me the amount of the actual ticket, nothing for the seat selections. Perhaps they won't charge for the seats at all.
I am thinking about booking an award flight on AB using BA Avios. I assume it will automatically add my BAEC account number on the reservation. Would it be possible to replace this with my AA number so I can get OW emerald privileges like advanced seat assignment and priority boarding, etc?
Should be no reason you can't do that after you've booked.
Bumping to see if there are any updates on the benefits for the new fare types introduced recently.

I found this page:
http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...e.php?LANG=eng

Is it safe to assume Oneworld Emeralds get the same benefits as their top tier elite? The cheapest fare, justfly, does not seem to allow seat assignment even for their elites, so I'm assuming that it will be the same for Oneworld elites. One must purchase a minimum fare of "FlyClassic" in order to receive seat assignment, is that correct?

Are they a lot better now with recognizing Oneworld elites after a few more months of being in Oneworld?
Quote:
Is it safe to assume Oneworld Emeralds get the same benefits as their top tier elite?
Pls see more recent post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...w-emerald.html

1.) No tier benefits on justfly. Its a no frills ticket.
2.) Recognition works on chekck in. But as discussed in other thread, dont expect anything else than on OW website mentioned.
Hi folks,

just flew CGN - TLV on AB as part of an AA ticket & itinerary from the US but as a separate leg after a 5 day stopover in Europe.

Here follows my experience as an AA EXP.

Was able to check in online by accessing my booking on the AB website using the AA Record Locator.
Was able to choose any of the available seats on the plane including the ones usually blocked at no extra charge.
Upon physically printing the Boarding Pass I received 2 copies an original and a customer copy.The original is kept by GA upon boarding.
Boarding pass had fast track security access printed on it.
Upon dropping of checked luggage at the priority check in counters the agents weren't sure if I was entitled the second free bag as their own elites.After checking all their files and calling a supervisor the verdict was, 1 bag only at 23 KG unless you're an AB elite.

CGN has no lounge just one of those designated waiting areas for elites with not much there.Was declined entry upon swiping the EXP card or scanning the BP at the unmanned access gate.

Priority boarding wasn't announced and after boarding the people needing special assistance, general boarding was announced for the back of the plane Rows 16-31.

The middle seat next to me remained empty but that might have been coincidence.

Good flight experience in general.
Booked a short "just fly" ticket intra EU for March 2013.

Being OW emerald I called an english speakin CSR. He said he was 100% sure there were no benefits, and corrected to 1000% when I re-asked

It was adjusted to mean in-flight, as there would be some benefits at airport (check-in, lounge). Meaning no gourmet food, no priority boarding, no free seating, no added luggage.

I only pushed free seating, and he put me on hold and assumingly had it confirmed with topbonus dept. He also gave me the number, which turned out to be in german only, and just hanging up after a while letting me know they had too much traffic (930 pm local time).

Not too bothered for a 90 min flight, still far better than competing LCCs without lounge access, and god forbid FR
This is absolutely correct that as per conditions justfly won't allow you any perks except lounge access. No extra luggage (unless you pay first piece), no over the desk check-in (but you still need to get a sticker on your carryon), no seat reservation. Book fly classic and get free seating (except XL seats) and priority check-in over the counter option. Extra luggage is only for AB Elites. XL for free is only for AB*G/*P. Free gourmet meals are only fro AB*P. AB Waiting areas for AB Elites only.
I can book XL Seats for free as BA Gold!
Quote: I can book XL Seats for free as BA Gold!
even now after seating system seems be upgraded couple of weeks ago?
Quote: even now after seating system seems be upgraded couple of weeks ago?
Yes! Their system also never recognized my status. Thus, I don't know what to expect of them anymore.
Quote: Yes! Their system also never recognized my status. Thus, I don't know what to expect of them anymore.
Status (BA Emerald) is now always recognized for my bookings. Getting an XL seat for free has never been an issue, however I can't get a seat assigned online. Fair enough
I really have no idea who programed their system but their status recognition for my BA Gold is hilarious. I always have to call the hotline. However, calling them up gives you in 90% seatblocking. So, that's not a real disadvantage. On the other hand, I would really like to see the miracle of having my OW status on my AB boarding pass.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  14