Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Excuse me, isn't this thread about "celebrity" sightings?
Obviously not, given that the US Bowling and Horseshoes Team made the list.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:16 pm

Yoga Guru

LAX-BOS Oct 8

Being from LA, celeb sightings are routine, so I never thought I'd post on this thread. This one was, however, very interesting.

Older gentleman in traditional south asian garb sitting in the last row of F was getting a lot of attention. Then, upon arrival in Boston, there were a huge # of people waiting with flowers, signs, and looks of obvious serenity. A few at gate; most just past security. One large banner had a really big picture of this guy. I knew several people on the plane as we were all going to a meeting. We all enjoyed watching the spectacle at baggage claim.

Several days later there was a large article in the NY Times and it became clear: BKS Iyengar, yoga guru (not a metaphor), who was in from India on a big US book tour.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:08 pm

Programs: UAL, LH, Delta, Starwood,
I am flyning lot between LA and Maui, or I am often at the
LA Red crarpet club. It always amazes me when I meet
very famous people at an airport. So was latley at the RCC in LA that I was sitting next to the bar. When all of the
sudden I regpgnize a very familiar face.... Not that I ever
saw or met her personally but I have seen her at least a million times
on TV when I grew up. I stood up and walked towards her, because
I could not believe who I saw. With no bodyguards or obviously not traveling on a private jet. So I walk up to a somewhat diguised
Christina Applegate (Married with children, Al Bundy) and start chatting with
her. She was supernice and friendly and of course I asked for an autograph for my younger sister. (She still has it) She got her bloody marry from the bar and I wished her a merry christmas and a nice trip to new york( it was last year dec, 23rd) I have met some other belebs before at LAX but she was def. the biggest.

My question who have you guys met at the RCC LA or during your trips elsewhere? UA seems to have quiete some famous passengers....according to RRC front desk staff at LAX.

All the best...
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Excuse me, isn't this thread about "celebrity" sightings?
"Cracker-Please!!"
George Clinton and the P. Funk All-stars........

I presume you are confusing George Clinton, with Roger Clinton (the Presidents half-brother). If you've ever seen George C, you'd never confuse him for Roger....
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by flybusinessifcan
My question who have you guys met at the RCC LA or during your trips elsewhere? UA seems to have quiete some famous passengers....according to RRC front desk staff at LAX.

All the best...
Buzz Aldrin in the LAX RCC earlier this year....very cool!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA & SPG
Usher in 1A on LAX-IAD 10/22. One-man entourage was in 1B. I was in 2B and tried taking a picture with my camera phone. I guess I wasn't discrete enough because the entourage turned around and asked me if I was snapping pictures. I said no and put away my phone.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Gold
Saw Rick Steeves (of "Europe Through the Back Door" on PBS) on DEN-SEA last week, sitting in E- no less. Guess PBS guys don't get all the perks!

He was on his way back from South America, though, so I guess it wasn't all bad.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: UAL, LH, Delta, Starwood,
Thats cool. I knew the staff at RCC at LA was used to celebrities, since
they acted like " oh no biggie, we're LAX RCC, we get that all the time"
Old Oct 31, 2005, 3:52 pm

hrm

Originally Posted by mshafrir
Usher in 1A on LAX-IAD 10/22. One-man entourage was in 1B. I was in 2B and tried taking a picture with my camera phone. I guess I wasn't discrete enough because the entourage turned around and asked me if I was snapping pictures. I said no and put away my phone.
FWIW, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, you were in a public area where one does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy and can take as many pictures as you want. Don't let someone's entourage intimidate you!

...not that I would take pictures of someone (celebrity or not); but that is just me.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Last week ORD-LHR there was a child who could certainly easily be mistaken for Mr Pillows Jr. Is that close enough to a celebrity?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:17 pm

Mickey and Minney Mouse scurrying around the floor of the International First Lounge at IAD this evening.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:30 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Mickey and Minney Mouse scurrying around the floor of the International First Lounge at IAD this evening.
And I thought BJ was back in NYC.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by meducate
Buzz Aldrin in the LAX RCC earlier this year....very cool!
Did you see who guested him in? I've done so at ORD. Kinda hard to say no.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Last week ORD-LHR there was a child who could certainly easily be mistaken for Mr Pillows Jr. Is that close enough to a celebrity?
Originally Posted by PHLBuddy
Both of the above warrant elaboration and/or pictures, please.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
Both of the above warrant elaboration and/or pictures, please.
I thought his parents might get a bit weird about a stranger taking pictures of their child, no matter how funny the story. Some of the FAs and I were talking about it and one who usually flies the SA routes has flown with the "real" MrPillows (vs the "fabled" MrPillows of FT "fame")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.