Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Fergie (the singer not the princess ) in the LAX IFL and then in F on a LAX-JFK ps flight today
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
What's up with that? Juan doesn't do luggage?
He was seated at the time in the bulkhead row and the flight attendant told him he had to move his bag for take-off. He also was sitting in 1D and the passenger assigned that seat told him he was in the wrong seat. Turned out Juan's assigned seat was 1A. You would think this was the first time he had ever flown. I am tempted to make a remark about the intelligence of Fox News Channel commentators now, but I won't.

Last edited by DCBob; Feb 22, 2009 at 6:58 pm
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
George Wendt, who played Norm on the NBC sitcom “Cheers”, was in E+ on UA 863 (SFO-SYD) on February 20.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver Elite
Condoleezza Rice

Condoleezza Rice was on board UA936 from SFO-IAD today.

I was standing at the gate looking to see if I was going to be upgraded. I noticed a young lady speaking with several UA ground crew about 1/2 hour before boarding. I just assumed that she was a GS member.

Later I was looking out the window and saw a town car followed by 2 big black SUV's pull up outside on the tarmac. As I watch "Numbers" and "Criminal Minds" a lot the SUV's look just like they use in the TV shows so I thought this must be a government official. I chatted with a stranger also looking out and said "I wonder who that is?". He said, "I don't know but the entourage just boarded over there", pointing to my gate.

She was seated in F while I was in E+ (no wonder my UG didn't clear ). I didn't find out it was her until I asked one of the FAs. Rice travelled with 2 security guards (big guys in blue suits with ear piece communicators) and one aide (I'm assuming the young lady was the aide--see paragraph 1).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I was on LAX-JFK PS today and while I didn't see any celebrities, the FA mentioned that Tracy Morgan was onboard yesterday
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by joanek
it probably was him. I was in sfo last week and read that he and mary steenburgen were coming to town for a benefit. can't recall what it was, but a good guess would be something marine ecology related.
he is tall, and doesn't have a twin. He does have an older sister.
Spotted both Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen on p.s. SFO - JFK. My partner and I were in 5A and B, while they were in 11A and B. However, at some point the GA tried to swap my partner's seat from 5A to 11A, claiming the footrest was broken. We declined, and found the seat worked just fine.

BTW it appears he does not have status on UA, but does have *** under his name on the manifest (paid instead of upgraded business).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 23, 2009 at 12:02 pm Reason: I can resist
Old Feb 23, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, CO Plat. DL Silver, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat., HH Diamond, Hertz PC, many more
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
I was on LAX-JFK PS today and while I didn't see any celebrities, the FA mentioned that Tracy Morgan was onboard yesterday
Was in First last night on UA 29 from JFK to LAX. There was a blonde female Celebrity in 1D. I have no idea who she was, but she had an entourage (who sat in either C or E) and the paparazzi were snapping photos left and right as she walked in behind me while I was checking in. Really wonder who it was, but have no idea at the moment.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents club
Olsen Twin

Mary-Kate in First Class on UA ps flight from JFK to LAX on 2/19. 6:30 a.m. flight.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
If anyone is on LAX-NRT today (2/24):
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b101..._take_off.html
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Feb 26th UA 225 IAD-SFO 9:45 pm saw Ray Suarez ,my favorite senior correspondent for the Newshour with Jim Lehrer get on. He was back in coach somewhere.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Tom Selleck in JFK F Lounge yesterday. I assume he was on the flight to LAX as he wasn't on my flight to SFO.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Still trying to figure out who it is (I know, thanks for nothing), but someone with secret service protection is in the C17 RCC upstars meeting room right now (2/27 1:30). Not sure if they are flying because a
mini-motorcade is also waiting in front of the main terminal drop off zone.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA
Brooke Shields. IAD-FCO 10Feb.

Brooke Shields. IAD-FCO 10Feb. I saw her and her party waiting for luggage in Rome. At first I thought it was just somebody that looked like Brooke Shields and then I heard her talking and noticed the people with her offloading some camera equipment from the luggage carousel. Better looking in person after a red eye flight than the last couple of pictures/TV I'd seen her in.

And a little proof:
http://splashnewsonline.celebuzz.com...m-in-rome.html
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Henry Winkler

SFO domestic RCC today
Old Feb 28, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Hertz Gold, Marriot , Starwood
Originally Posted by joanek
it probably was him. I was in sfo last week and read that he and mary steenburgen were coming to town for a benefit. can't recall what it was, but a good guess would be something marine ecology related.
he is tall, and doesn't have a twin. He does have an older sister.
Lol, Ted Danson. I remember a few years back when I swear it was him waiting for luggage at our claim area. I must have been stairing, the guy winked at me. Never knew for sure, but I guess he flies United. Lol. Can't imagine what he might have been doing here but? Maybe just visiting oh, what's his name, the other actor who is from this town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.