Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Sat next to Gary Williams (head coach for Univ. Of Maryland men's basketball team) on UA7689 ATL-IAD tonight, Mar 15. He was in 1A, I was in 1D.

He was coming back from the ACC tourney in Atlanta. Very nice guy...took time to talk to lots of people at the gate and very cordial.

Last edited by Viking547; Mar 15, 2009 at 8:34 pm Reason: added date
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Saw Congressman George Miller (D-California, 7th Congressional District) in the SFO RCC on 3/15 in the evening. I thougth it was him but was not 100% sure till I could Google his image. I wish I was confident it was him cause I would have thanked him for his tireless hard work in my district for over 30 years as Rep.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:58 am

Programs: Car seems to be the mode of transport these days. I do not miss all the travel
Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines

Gene Simmonds ( KISS ) Maple Leaf Lounge - Toronto waiting for a UA flight 630AM Saturday
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
fmr Gov. Mitt Romney boarding Air Force One ...

actually at T1 in ORD today, April 1st outside B-9 around 1045 am (UA 610 to DCA), went up to g/a but then went off to C side ... white shirt / blue jeans, very approachable and warm ... surprised he flew commercial
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Captain Denny Flannigan walking through the D Concourse at IAD talking on his cell phone.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Was on the same flight with Carlos Santana, UA 926 LAX-SFO, April 2nd.

He was at the boarding area for some time. I stood very near to him. Didn't know who he was until several people walked up and want to have picture with him.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Jesse Jackson, ORD-SFO several years ago.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:42 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Have told people abot this one before, but:

On the morning right after or before that Chris Brown beat up his girlfriend, I sat next to him on my LAX>DEN flight in F, where he deemed it was cool to throw away his orange juice all over my pant leg. He was really rude to the F/A's and such which really is dispicable. Not one appology just a cocky rapper smirk... (Sorry that really made me angry :P )

After we landed either the same day or a couple days after I learned about his allegations etc. Maybe he was still angry at the whole ordeal? Or maybe it was leading up to it....

LOL maybe he was just angry that I took the empty seat next to him!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:39 am

Yeah, another non-current one, but mid-2004:

Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf and kids on the FRA-SFO flight 901. I think they were in C or F, I was stuck at the back of the bus. After he lost in the French Open.

Also Norman Mineta in November 2001, who flew ORD-SJC in Y. I was in F on that flight using my 500-milers. Spoke with him briefly at the baggage claim afterwards.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I literally bumped into Samuel L Jackson while boarding a MSY-ORD flight about a year ago. He was well disguised with a baseball cap pulled low over his face.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by that_guy
Yeah, another non-current one, but mid-2004:

Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf and kids on the FRA-SFO flight 901. I think they were in C or F, I was stuck at the back of the bus. After he lost in the French Open.
We know..... you told us last year: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ml#post9775826
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by cubfan99
I literally bumped into Samuel L Jackson while boarding a MSY-ORD flight about a year ago. He was well disguised with a baseball cap pulled low over his face.
Did he break out mid flight and battle some snakes on a plane? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Anyways Me and a buddy of mine sat next to Anderson Cooper in C from FRA to ORD. Mid flight my buddy gets up with his headset still attatched to the seat and starts to walk back to the lavatories. The cord then literally wrappes across his neck almost choking the poor dude. But he played it cool and just laughed it off. This was before he was the anchor of his own show. Really cool guy if I might add.

Why do I have the feeling I already posted this? Maybe it was just in chat.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, UA and DL
This was from a couple years ago but was notable- boxer Mike Tyson, PEK-ORD. Boarding in PEK there was a lot of commotion around the terminal and a rumor spread that Tyson was on our flight. At one point during the flight he came back to coach from First, there was a collective gasp from the passengers. He wound up signing autographs and chatting with the FAs, seemed like an otherwise normal guy. In ORD I wound up in the same tram car with him going from H to B/C- but at that point his bodyguard/s weren't allowing anyone near him.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anne Hathaway at LAX yesterday. Really nice person!^

(and no, I didn't recognize her until I was told who she was)
Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:56 am

Alice Cooper in F from SFO to OGG, sometime mid last year.
Quiet nice guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.