Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:25 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
I shared the FC cabin with Fran Drescher tonight JFK-LAX. And yes, she had that dog with her too.

- T
Old Sep 25, 2005, 1:36 am

Programs: united
Wow.. what could be more exciting Tone Loc or Fran Drescher? I could imagine even if Fran Drescher was sitting in F you could probably hear her all the way back in economy. The only celebs of note are "bill nye the science guy" in y on a Den-Sea leg about 5 years back.. but i've often times scene news/sportscasters from the denver and seattle area, however these are local personalities at best..
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1P-MM
Last September ('04) I was in Beijing during the first China Open tennis tournament. I flew home on 888 in Business, but hadn't noticed any Celebs. Got to SFO, and I'm standing in line in Customs directly behind a very tall, athletic woman, and realize that it is Serena Williams. We talked for a minute or two before she went through customs.

We had been delayed in leaving PEK due to a mechanical problem, and as such missed our connections in SFO. Since I had had an upgraded C seat, I lost that on my new flight to LAX and was relegated to coach. Just before the flight boards, I see two security people whisk Serena onto my flight to LAX. When I board the aircraft, there to my surprise was Serena, sitting in E+. I guess she was bumped out of her F seat too. I was pretty surprised that they didn't bump someone else to give her an "F" seat - of course, I'm making the assumption that she flew F in the first place. Can't imagine otherwise.

Anyhow, I ran into her again at baggage claim and we talked for a few more minutes. She was very nice - not stand-offish at all.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Bigbit

When I board the aircraft, there to my surprise was Serena, sitting in E+. I guess she was bumped out of her F seat too. I was pretty surprised that they didn't bump someone else to give her an "F" seat - of course, I'm making the assumption that she flew F in the first place. Can't imagine otherwise.
Some years ago we were on the OGG-LAX redeye in F and an off-duty FA flying in F went back to Y for Charlie Sheen. Did a double take when he sat across the aisle from us.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Gman3
Elisabeth and Andrew Shue are from Delaware not Chicago. The only brother and sister I can think of from Chicago are Joan and John Cusack.
I believe they are from Evanston. At least I know John has a house here.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
Originally Posted by dendomicile
Wow.. what could be more exciting Tone Loc or Fran Drescher?
I think my Tone Loc experience was probably MUCH more pleasant last nights than TonySCV's Frans experience. At least audibly speaking - lol.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Going from LAX-YVR, we were stuck in terminal 2 security for ever as often is the case. To my surprise, there's Jarome Iginla and about four or five other Calgary flames. What's even better is that earlier that morning, I walked right by Tony Hawk at Disney's Grand Californian as California's Adventure was doing an X-games thing. I was way too nervous to say anything. BTW, he's a pretty tall guy!!
Old Sep 25, 2005, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I shared the FC cabin with Fran Drescher tonight JFK-LAX. And yes, she had that dog with her too.

- T
Did her voice have a separate seat in the back?
Old Sep 25, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by redbeard911
Did her voice have a separate seat in the back?
ouch.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Who?

Originally Posted by dendomicile
Wow.. what could be more exciting Tone Loc or Fran Drescher?
Queen Latifah would be more exciting than either Tone Loc or Fran Drescher, but, unfortunately, I've never flown with her!

JK-SFO
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:42 pm

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Today at gate E4 at ORD, Craig Stadler awaiting his flight to RDU for the Champions Tour's SAS CHampionship. Carl Quantinilla (sp?) from NBC News walked by whilst we were waiting to board for RDU. A 2-for-1.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
In June, my wife a 1P was denied her upgrade from LAX-SFO. It turns out John Kerry and a bunch of his staff occupied the entire cabin...

I saw George Karl then the Bucks coach in the MKE airport before, my wife saw Simon Cowell at LAX Bradley terminal, and I saw Cuba Gooding Jr. in DEN.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:18 pm

In mid June, Senator and Mrs John Kerry, SFO-IAD (maybe the continuation of LAChargers' post). Sen Kerry slept much of the time, but Mrs Kerry regaled everyone in the area nearly the entire flight. To a family sitting in the bulkhead row, she recommended the Spy Museum and a DC pizza parlor, which perked the ears of the 9-or-so-year old. The Senator even rode the moon buggy to the main concourse, while Mrs Kerry disappeared elsewhere. Between some very witty quips (he's got the same complaints about IAD that all of us do), the Senator was engaged by various dumbstruck people and their drivel, which he handled with aplomb, but with a touch of fatigue. BTW, the Senator carried a duffel bag and a briefcase, and was very adept at unobtrusively stowing and retrieving them overhead compartment. ^ I think I was the only person for many rows around that wasn't a UGS, 1/2/3K, or DC VIP -- they must have all been bumped from F into E+ to accomodate the Senator's retinue.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LAChargers

I saw George Karl then the Bucks coach in the MKE airport before

Sat next to Mr. Karl in F on an OAK(SFO?) flight in March 2004. For the life of me I couldn't place the face but knew I should be able to so I finally asked, sheepishly. He was very nice, especially after I complimented him on his coaching ability. At that time he was an sportscaster and on his way to do a Golden State game.

On the other hand I had no trouble recognizing Minut Bol in ORD. For the first time in my life I felt VERY short at 6' 3".

Last edited by mander; Sep 29, 2005 at 1:18 pm
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Yesterday on a ps flight from LAX-JFK, saw: Cheryl Ladd (gorgeous!), Walter Cronkite (showing his age), and Rafer Johnson (still in great shape!!). There were a couple of other actors on the flight, including Bill Paxton and Shia LeBeouf.

Last edited by meducate; Sep 29, 2005 at 10:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.