Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
I've been getting a couple of surveys a week, but sometimes kicked out after a few minutes of questions. Oh well, 25 cents for a minute or two of my time still adds up over time so why not. Often too if I don't respond quickly enough to the original survey email there's sometimes another one available.

bj-21.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by blackjack-21
I've been getting a couple of surveys a week, but sometimes kicked out after a few minutes of questions. Oh well, 25 cents for a minute or two of my time still adds up over time so why not. Often too if I don't respond quickly enough to the original survey email there's sometimes another one available.

bj-21.
I use it to earn Avios. 1000 extra a month are always handy!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by dorif
Sorry if this is a silly question, but if I sign up for the mobile app on my ipad, will it automatically link to my desktop account?
When will these silly phone-apps just be able to use on Windows PCs....I'm sick of these apps that want to access all my files
just to use on a PC, I deny them all. P.S.: I don't have a smart phone and will never get one.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:55 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
When will these silly phone-apps just be able to use on Windows PCs....I'm sick of these apps that want to access all my files
just to use on a PC, I deny them all. P.S.: I don't have a smart phone and will never get one.
While there is a nearly limitless supply of old school phones out there, there is a limited supply of batteries that still work. And no further production.

Within just a few years, everyone will have a smart phone. Either that, or no phone.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
Within just a few years, everyone will have a smart phone. Either that, or no phone.
I have made it through the 21st Century so far without a mobile phone (a black hole for money IMO).

The original poster might like to try Blue Stacks, software you can install on your desktop to run apps.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I can verify that my IHG points from a January 1 redemption posted as elite-qualifying.
Thank you for posting this. All I care about is it would keep the account alive. Since it is elite-qualifying pts it should also keep the account alive. Good enough for me now.

Originally Posted by goldencondor
I have made it through the 21st Century so far without a mobile phone (a black hole for money IMO).

The original poster might like to try Blue Stacks, software you can install on your desktop to run apps.
You are not alone. Same here!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You are not alone. Same here!
Good to know I'm not the only one
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I've seen a lot of people on here have gotten a lot of surveys via the app. However, when I downloaded it, I never got any surveys offered to me that way. I'm wondering if I did something wrong in setting it up or putting in my settings- any thoughts or similar experiences?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I've seen a lot of people on here have gotten a lot of surveys via the app. However, when I downloaded it, I never got any surveys offered to me that way. I'm wondering if I did something wrong in setting it up or putting in my settings- any thoughts or similar experiences?
You have to click "find a survey"?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I use it to earn Avios. 1000 extra a month are always handy!
I created a BA account just so I could start redeeming E-rewards for Avios. Then BA announced the devaluation.

Wondering if I should keep redeeming for Avios or cut my losses. I currently have 5000 Avios, so I would need minimum of another 10 months to get enough for a round trip domestic flight. And that's assuming I can get $35 in E-rewards per month.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by bswiz
I created a BA account just so I could start redeeming E-rewards for Avios. Then BA announced the devaluation.

Wondering if I should keep redeeming for Avios or cut my losses. I currently have 5000 Avios, so I would need minimum of another 10 months to get enough for a round trip domestic flight. And that's assuming I can get $35 in E-rewards per month.
Try Rewards For Thoughts with Avios.com. 25 or 50 Avios for surveys, put in your Avios.com account the following day. Plus you will get a sign up bonus. I've earned 10k with them in the last 7 or 8 months.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Though note that Rewards for Thoughts was UK-only last time I looked. Which is too bad because it would have been more useful for me than the other airline miles for surveys programs that are sub-programs of Opinion Outpost. (United, Jet Blue, and Spirit are the US programs currently available)
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Though note that Rewards for Thoughts was UK-only last time I looked. Which is too bad because it would have been more useful for me than the other airline miles for surveys programs that are sub-programs of Opinion Outpost. (United, Jet Blue, and Spirit are the US programs currently available)
You could try installing browser add-on Hola. Makes it look like you are in a country of your choosing. I use it all the time.

https://hola.org/
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:02 am

There seems to be 4 ways to get surveys.

1. Email from E-rewrads. I just got one after nothing for 2 weeks. I think they don't like to send out lots of emails as there is a cost per email.
2. On the home page (I rarely see these)
3. Click on an old email link that was already used. This search for a new one - sometimes. Interestingly, these surveys don't appear on the home page.
4. Through the App - which has surveys that don't appear in email or on the home page for me.

Hard to know why E-rewards does it like this. I wonder if it is to keep costs down and get a wider spectrum of respondents (compared to the same 1,000 people always doing all the surveys they would be potentially eligible for)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
There seems to be 4 ways to get surveys.
3. Click on an old email link that was already used. This search for a new one - sometimes. Interestingly, these surveys don't appear on the home page.
You're absolutely right about this and the surveys you land on from the old email aren't on the site. Also if you wait a bit after you been declined for a survey after the initial screening questions, often another screener will show up and you'll be a match for that survey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.