Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
The last 2 days I've taken the daily poll, but the point did not credit on either occasion. Plus, the 100 points for last month's searches have not credited (that used to occur on the 1st of the month). tls
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
There have been A FEW MORE CHANGES in MyPoints (hard to keep up editing)

For the 1st time ever UA is now not the only airline option on MyPoints (which was created by UA itself) as part of the MAJOR OVERHAUL they have been going on for several weeks (and it's hard to keep up with, but here I go...).

Now there are 2 NEW hospitality-related eGift reward options:

AA eGift Cards available in $100, $250 and $500 denominations at the higher tier rate of ~ 160 MyPoints / reward $ (~ 16K / $100, ~ 40K / $250 and ~ 80K / $500). The $500 is a record high denomination for MyPoints.

Hyatt eGift Cards are now included in $25, $50 and $100 denominations at the higher tier rate of ~ 160 MyPoints / reward $ (~ 4K, ~ 8K and ~ 16K MyPoints respectively).

Remember these are eGift Cards (as in electronic) and not points (regular or premium) into their respective loyalty programs.

I've wondered myself if AA's inclusion was the axing of UA from the Program, something MyPoints didn't notify nor any FT member could verify inmediately, but one day later UA's miles reappeared as an option just as last time I saw it (made the proper updates and corrections, don't panic!) at 6900 MyPoints / 2500 Mileage + miles and 13800 MyPoints / 5000 Mileage + miles. Still all rules and restrictions apply as usual, and as stated the last few weeks / months MyPoints is supposed to post the miles to UA at the time of redemption.

There are also a few more new Gift Card options, like Burger King and Lands End (now online only and divorced from Sears). Although redemption needs may vary slighly they follow the 2 tier approach of ~ 150 MyPoints / reward $ and ~ 160 MyPoints / reward $ with few (5% or less) discount for the largest cards. Redemptions start at $3 (eBay), $5 or $10 for the most part (AA starts at $100). Also, MyPoints pretty much axed PHYSICAL Gift Cards, as a very probable cost-cutting measure, the only one now available is the $10 Starbucks one, everything else is now electronic...

Hope this will lessen the shock before you go into MyPoints to redeem...

"Details at 6", reporting from SJU, su viajero boricua... (does sound like a news report)

Last edited by viajero boricua; Oct 20, 2016 at 10:59 pm Reason: MyPoints keeps "changing the funnies" w/o advance notice...
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
So the realignment into Swagbucks-lite continues, and it's far easier to earn at SB for me than it is at MP. The Delta GCs might show up at some points at MP as well then, which is something of a plus.

Given the problems Hyatt has been having with e-card security over the past year, I'd stay away from those for the time being.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just redeemed for the Hyatt e-card and they now contain a pin.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Another "enhancement" to the MyPoints site:

Instead of giving a fixed amount of points for monthly searches done on MyPoints, now they've adopted a "Swagbucks Style" where only certain random searches win Mypoints.

*sigh*
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by viajero boricua

I've wondered myself if AA's inclusion was the axing of UA from the Program, something MyPoints didn't notify nor any FT member could verify inmediately, but one day later UA's miles reappeared as an option just as last time I saw it (made the proper updates and corrections, don't panic!) at 6900 MyPoints / 2500 Mileage + miles and 13800 MyPoints / 5000 Mileage + miles. Still all rules and restrictions apply as usual, and as stated the last few weeks / months MyPoints is supposed to post the miles to UA at the time of redemption.
Yet another increase of MyPoints needed for the 5,000 United MileagePlus miles.

Just days ago before the change, and new reward options, it was only 13,000 MyPoints needed for 5,000 UA miles.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:40 am

Talking

Earn DOUBLE Points on shopping, surveys and videos during MyPoints' 20th Birthday Celebration!*

*Points displayed on site reflect current bonus offer except survey Points which will be doubled within 30 days. Offer valid through 11/11/16.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
The problem with that promo (this is the 2nd time they do it) is that points don't appear as "pending" and you don't have any way to monitor 'em for compliance (I did complete one survey on each promo, but can't remember for how many points, will have to email the issue to MyP's CS desk...).
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Max M
Another "enhancement" to the MyPoints site:

Instead of giving a fixed amount of points for monthly searches done on MyPoints, now they've adopted a "Swagbucks Style" where only certain random searches win Mypoints.

*sigh*
But if you do a lot of searching, as I do, you can end up getting far, far, far more points than the previous (usual) limit of 100 points/month.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:57 pm

what's going on with MyPoints and United?
instead of transferring the regular 5000 per 13900, they transferred 100 points to my account.

The email says 5000 points were transferred to your account...
Ever since they upgraded their systems, it went south.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:36 am

Got an e-mail that MyPoints' new corporate overlords have added nCrave videos to the site. Which is a good thing because they ad up a lot quicker than the pre-existing video options, especially if you're talking the click through ones. The Jun videos are also under 'sponsored videos' and can typically be run along with other videos.

Last edited by beachmouse; Nov 23, 2016 at 9:43 am
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:03 am

Has anyone redeemed for United miles in the past few days? Am wondering if they just used a confusing graphic on the redeem page and that the 2500/5000 miles post as normal
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:13 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Has anyone redeemed for United miles in the past few days? Am wondering if they just used a confusing graphic on the redeem page and that the 2500/5000 miles post as normal
I redeemed a few days ago, and got 5000 miles as per usual. Should've taken the AA giftcard instead though.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:17 pm

Thanks! Was pretty sure that was what was happening since you get a graphic with the wrong mileage on it when you redeem WN points at Checkpoints via points.com and that always gives the correct number in the end too.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:42 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Thanks! Was pretty sure that was what was happening since you get a graphic with the wrong mileage on it when you redeem WN points at Checkpoints via points.com and that always gives the correct number in the end too.
My xfer showed 5000 mi. when I went to redeem. Perhaps you need to clear your cookies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.