Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:23 am

RZachSmith,

There are lockers in Al-Mourjan lounge which I have used before without issues. There are also lockers within the terminal but I have never used them so don't know if they are operational.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Hi,

Do you know when the kitchen will be sorted - I am through Doha on 5 March, returning via Doha on 13th March. Also does this mean that the famous Krug serving bar will also be closed? Thank you.
I'm in the lounge now (March 1st) and still no kitchen. Breakfast options are standard eggs/pancakes/fruit. nothing special.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mpkz
No it didn't, non-F/C elites went to the Oryx Lounge at the old airport

And there was a separate Silver lounge

It was quite bleak.
Exactly. It wasn't even worth going to. If QR really kicks out non F/C elites thats going to suck. I mean I understand that the lounge is full, but that seems to me to just be very poor planning on QR's part. The airport is less than a year old and they are already full, what do they expect will happen in 5 years at their current growth rates? Same thing happened in DXB when the new terminal A opened up, the lounge was full right away and they reduced the access rights to Gold members (I can't remember exactly what they took away, maybe guest access (so the wife isn't joining me) or maybe made us go to the old Terminal 1 lounge, but either way it wasn't great)

As an OWE I'd hope they'd at least let us into the J lounge. I usually get stuck in Y these days (lovely changes to corporate travel policy)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:32 am

I used the Al Mourjan lounge last night.

There were lounge staff scanning the boarding cards at the bottom of the escalator and they were DEFINITELY sending non J pax to the other F/J oryx lounges. Although there was a sign at the bottom of the escalator welcoming OW Sapphire and Emeralds. So a little confusing. I'm not sure if it was just because the lounge was very busy (it was the late evening peak).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Saudi
Exactly. It wasn't even worth going to. If QR really kicks out non F/C elites thats going to suck...

...As an OWE I'd hope they'd at least let us into the J lounge. I usually get stuck in Y these days (lovely changes to corporate travel policy)
Surely the level of 'suckiness' (is that a word?) will depend on the standard of the lounge the Elites are given access to?

According to the QR Staff at the Al Mourjan lounge when I passed through last week; Once the VIP lounges are completed Elites will revert back to using the normal F or J lounges (which are currently being utilised as VIP lounges). These might not be as good as the QR lounges but they're still quite nice.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by bananahead
I used the Al Mourjan lounge last night.

There were lounge staff scanning the boarding cards at the bottom of the escalator and they were DEFINITELY sending non J pax to the other F/J oryx lounges. Although there was a sign at the bottom of the escalator welcoming OW Sapphire and Emeralds. So a little confusing. I'm not sure if it was just because the lounge was very busy (it was the late evening peak).
Is it possible these were non J pax from non-QR airlines? Someone said earlier that they were turning away OW elites flying Y on RJ, for instance.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by templar42
Is it possible these were non J pax from non-QR airlines? Someone said earlier that they were turning away OW elites flying Y on RJ, for instance.
Yep, or could possibly be QR Silver members who are sent to the Al Maha lounge instead I believe.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Confused

Being a newly minted OWE,

will be travelling in 3 weeks time through DOH in Y and still having no clue what kind of F type lounge I will be able to use and guest my son along .

The OW site seems to be easily understandable, but this thread teaches a wholly different subject.

F.R.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, BA Silver, CX Gold, Skywards Silver, Sirius Silver, Starwood Gold
im a bit confused now.
We are flying BA in F next weekend. I am OWS.
Can we use anything other than the Oryx Lounge?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by sleepindug
im a bit confused now.
We are flying BA in F next weekend. I am OWS.
Can we use anything other than the Oryx Lounge?
Hi Sleepindug

From our experience when we were there. The wife was OWS at time and they saw this on boarding pass and told us we could use Al Mourjan lounge or try the Oryx lounge.
The Al Mourjan lounge is clearly signed as the main lounge for One World no questions. Indeed when we went to Oryx lounge, they told us we would need to pay to use. It is not a One World Lounge.

So, head to Al Mourjan. They may have an internal system where if that lounge is too busy they open up Oryx to One World Status pasengers. But for sure head to Al Mourjan first, any problems, point at the signs they have welcoming OWS + in
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by templar42
That could have been the case.

There was raised voices and quite an animated debate as the passenger (rightly so) pointed to the sign right next to the guy declining entry to him displaying 'OW Sapphire and Emerald'.

gav0106 regardless of frequent flyer status with BA if you are travelling F or J you can use Al Mourjan.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, BA Silver, CX Gold, Skywards Silver, Sirius Silver, Starwood Gold
Thanks for the heads up guys.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:09 am

My question is not relevant at the moment as it's not open, however later this year i'm flying LHR-DOH-DXB all in F. Obviously the last leg is 'Regional F' as it's a 2 class service. From past experience of the old terminal, will I be allowed in the F lounge (assuming its open) or will they direct me to the J lounge.

If totally honest I'm only really going via DOH to see the lounge and will go direct if it's the J lounge (which I've seen and I like btw) or its not open by the time I fly (December).

Many thanks
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:23 am

QR's regional F is considered to be a full F service so you'll definitely have access to the F lounge.

This is actually the primary reason why they market the intra-gulf 2 classes as Y/F, instead of Y/J.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
My wife and I will be traveling though DOH in J on QR in a couple of weeks. From the comments here I guess I should plan to be disappointed, as my last transit through DOH was at the old premium terminal. So now it's crowds, waits for showers, and relatively meager food offerings?

As a OWE traveling in QR J which lounge choices will I have and which should I prefer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.