Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:46 pm

Is it possible to buy economy, upgrade to business with qmiles and then upgrade to first with qcredits?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:00 pm

Hi all, I am flying PVG-DOH-LHR-DUB on QR with the last sector on BA. I booked in economy and later upgraded the 2 sectors on QR to J using miles and Q credits. I had assumed I would get the J baggage allowance due to QR being the most significant carrier, however, I was told that due to one sector not being operated by QR, I would only receive the Y allowance, is this true?

Also, do you think the check in staff at PVG will be knowledgeable about this? If I just play dumb will they assume I get the J allowance?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:02 am

knutfin welcome to the QR forum.
The rules are quite clear that only one cabin class upgrade is allowed on any ticket. There is an exception for flights where there is no Business class cabin when two cabin class upgrades are allowed. so a two cabin class upgrade as you are suggesting is not possible.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:36 am

jah718 is your LHR-DUB leg on the same ticket/reservation number as PVG-DOH-LHR?
If not then there are two separate tickets and two separate journeys and your baggage allowance is not the same, nor will you be allowed to check your bags all the way from PVG to DUB but need to collect them in LHR and recheck them.

If they are on the same ticket then the MSC rules dictate that your allowance is that of the PVG-DOH sector and that you can check your baggage thru all the way from PVG to DUB.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:42 am

Thanks remdk, it is all one booking made directly with Qatar Airways.

This is the response I got from PC Club when I asked why my allowance was only 30KG:

With regards to your email, we wish to inform you that your journey is booked for Shanghai to London Heathrow sector on 08th October 2016 with Qatar Airways and from London Heathrow to Dublin sector on 09th October 2016 with British Airways.

Kindly be informed that, as per Privilege Club policy baggage allowance will be given as per Business class if other airlines segments are not involved in your journey.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:42 am

jah718 according to http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr...itions.page#15 the only reference to baggage is with regard to purchase of excess baggage allowance is
"Spending Qmiles on excess baggage
15.1 You can redeem Qmiles for up to one (1) excess baggage Award per passenger per flight. Excess baggage awards are available on ticketed bookings on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways."

Since IATA resolution 302 included reward tickets in the full text. (No longer available as a webpage) it must be assumed that those rules are valid and not an unpublished 'policy'.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Qmiles + cash

Dear FT members, would you guys give advice?

I have a plan to book business class tickets, using Qmiles + cash, from Jakarta to Oslo.

I've seen amount of miles needed for the ticket and surprised that economy class required the same amount. Is this normal?

The ticket I need to book is in "U" class. I've search about this and found out that U is for economy class. Any explanation?

Thank you so much, in advance.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:36 am

andi1985 Booking class U is for reward tickets and not associated with any particular cabin class.

How many Qmiles were you being charged for each ticket? If it was 150000 then it is a Business class ticket. The Y cost may have been an X2 (Flexi) fare which occurs if Y seat rewards have already been taken. It also occurs with repeated inquiries within a time period (12-24 Hours).

If it is due to repeated inquiries and you have not already booked, wait 24 hours with no further inquiries and try again. Go straight for J class ignoring Y altogether.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Hi all, potentially an easy/stupid question, but I struggle to find the answer myself.
Out of interest, I looked into the possibility to fly from Europe to the US via DOH (with QR). I thought it would be a fun alternative to the otherwise "straight forward" routings by BA, LH, etc..

When I search for flights from various European cities to various US destinations with QR, not even a single flight comes up (using google flights and ITA). Does QR not offer these routes? Is there a particular reason?

Thanks for your answers!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by DUSTraveller
Is there a particular reason?
It's just wrong, unless your on flyertalk.

Not sure about QR, but I know I read that EK never filed fares for these routes as they don't expect people to travel in that way. You had to buy 2 separate fares in and out of the Middle East hub, which made it costly.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Hi all, potentially an easy/stupid question, but I struggle to find the answer myself.
Out of interest, I looked into the possibility to fly from Europe to the US via DOH (with QR). I thought it would be a fun alternative to the otherwise "straight forward" routings by BA, LH, etc..

When I search for flights from various European cities to various US destinations with QR, not even a single flight comes up (using google flights and ITA). Does QR not offer these routes? Is there a particular reason?

Thanks for your answers!
I've been trying to do the same. You must do a multi-city and then look for corresponding times, which is quite hard. I tried from ARN-DOH-IAD/JFK-PHL. It's doable but it will not be cost effective, unless you can afford it. I would like to think that if you contact a TA or QR Customer Service, they can help.. It would be fun to fly such a route . QR business class is #1 ,in my own opinion 😁
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Thanks for your answers!
QR offers flights to the US from Eastern Europe but not Western.

Sofia, Belgrade, Warsaw, and a couple of others can all be used as starting points to the US via Doha.

M
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Hi,

QR changed my flight arrival to 1H45M later - what kind of policy they have on cancelling and refunding the ticket do to schedule changes? Do I have a chance to get a refund if I decide not to fly (ticket is I class in January sale)? Thanks for your answers, O
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by nmsondrej
Hi,

QR changed my flight arrival to 1H45M later - what kind of policy they have on cancelling and refunding the ticket do to schedule changes? Do I have a chance to get a refund if I decide not to fly (ticket is I class in January sale)? Thanks for your answers, O
You may be entitled to a refund, but you would need to call QR and ask.

If your schedule change was over 2 hours, you'd be given many more options by QR CS, but at 1h45m you will have to see what they can offer you - if you don't want to keep the flights.

M
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QR offers flights to the US from Eastern Europe but not Western.

Sofia, Belgrade, Warsaw, and a couple of others can all be used as starting points to the US via Doha.

M
Thank you all for your answers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.