Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I am a newbie to this.

I have tried to book on the RTW engine. Everything goes (more or less) fine until I try to book. It tells me that it can take a fewminutes; but even after an hour it still shows the map with my origin city blinking. ???
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
DEL-NRT non-stop flight

I do know JL offers a non-stop on certain day(s) of the week, but on OW web site to choose flight, ZERO non-stop would show. Is this a bug? How do I force the JL flight into my itin?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Are you using the prepare and book option or just prepare? The former requires availability on the flight (there may be none on the days you checked) while the latter just looks up the schedules.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I am using the prepare and book option. It does have the book button. When I click it says "can take a few minutes", but never produces anything. I will try again today, clear my browser first,... Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Are you using the prepare and book option or just prepare? The former requires availability on the flight (there may be none on the days you checked) while the latter just looks up the schedules.
I was doing a dry run on a RTW itinerary. I used the "choose flight" button for DEL-NRT (and also the reverse) and use the pull-down calendar. The dates that I plugged in were late this year (Oct/Nov-ish). What confused me was that I had seen non-stop flights showed up before (also verified on JL web site). It just not popping up consistently on OW. That leads me to suspect that the non-stop by JL is not a daily flight. Is this correct?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I was doing a dry run on a RTW itinerary. I used the "choose flight" button for DEL-NRT (and also the reverse) and use the pull-down calendar. The dates that I plugged in were late this year (Oct/Nov-ish). What confused me was that I had seen non-stop flights showed up before (also verified on JL web site). It just not popping up consistently on OW. That leads me to suspect that the non-stop by JL is not a daily flight. Is this correct?
3x a week: Sunday/Tuesday/Friday DEL-NRT. As of today, at least, D and L are not available on all flights for November but are on some.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:33 pm

martin33,
Thanks for the info. I was search for D.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 8:11 am

Hello to all. This is my first posting to this forum.

I´m planing a DONE3 which would start from tlv. I have managed to get to the booking part with the online tool many times earlier but now it says "unavailable" flights every time I try to book.

If I change let´s say the first unavailable segment hel-sfo (via lhr) to hel-lhr-sfo with the same flights I could book it but then tool will change the unavailable flight to some where else? Have any of you had the same problem?

My other question is that why can I not book so that the ticketing airline would be Malev? Example my first segments would be tlv-bud-hel.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Welcome to Flyer Talk pelehton

I think I'm seeing the same availability oddity.

Have an itinerary ready to book. Check availability and tool says all okay except one flight not available. Change that one flight and try again. Then tool says all okay except one flight not available, and that one flight is a different flight (not connecting to or from the just changed flight). Change that flight and try again to book. Now the first flight which I'd changed is no longer available. Change back to my original selection and try again. That flight is now okay but the second changed flight is no longer okay.

Given the flights are unrelated to each other it cannot be a case of married segment logic.

In my case the problem flights were LHR-JNB and SYD-AKL.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 3:01 am

Thank you Kiwi Flyer for your answer

So it seem there is something wrong with the tool? Hope they will fix it soon so I could start planning my trip again.

Have I figure it out right that if my trip would start from tlv I can only buy the tickets using the online tool or buying the tickets from tvl?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I'm new to OW - was trying to book a OW RTW in F and it keeps telling me that segments are not available. I finally checked against seatcounter and the flights were wide open in the F and A buckets. Is this a bug or is there some other restriction on OW RTW tickets that I am not aware of?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:26 am

firefox 3.57

saved itinerary disappeared

and crashes/locks up on checking availability

restart ff, makes no difference

thanks
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by dr benway
firefox 3.57

saved itinerary disappeared .................................
This happened to me too. I tried IE to no avail either. So from then on, I saved every itin on my computer
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:05 pm

I encountered more “can’t-find-non-stop-flight” problem using OW tools. I had already mentioned about NRT-DEL in earlier posts. I know flight is not avail everyday of week, but try Mon-Sun still can’t get a non-stop.
Here another one: I want NRT-DPS non-stop. The OW flight selection tool forced HDN-KIX-DPS on me instead of JL729 NRT-DPS. I am frustrated with this tool.
Is this bug or not?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

If you are using plan & book it may just be there are no seats available in the right booking class for xONEx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.