Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Thanks for the reply but I'm still not convinced
If I price the sectors out on www.itasoftware.com;then each transit gets charged GBP21.50 which is the UK Passenger Service Charge. GBP63.50 is about AUD114 . If ITA is correct then the Oneworld booking engine is incorrectly charging the UK Air Passenger Duty on every transit. Is there an exemption for less than 24hr transit or has ITA got it wrong?
Here are the rules from Revenue and Customs. Whether you get charged the APD and at which rate depends upon whether your flight counts as a "connecting" flight. See the provisions in sec. 4.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
My experience is the online tool does not correctly apply the transit exemption and does overcharge UK APD in some circumstances.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Here are the rules from Revenue and Customs. Whether you get charged the APD and at which rate depends upon whether your flight counts as a "connecting" flight. See the provisions in sec. 4.
Thanks,I'd visited that website and all it left me with was a headache

KiwiFlyer do you just and bear it?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
It seems like the online booking software doesn't reflect the 10% OW discount on offer right now...
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Yes it does. The rate includes the discount (as does the fare estimate on the webpage).
Old Oct 30, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the mileage to show again on the interactive map? It used to be that if you held the cursor on a line between 2 cities it would give you the mileage. Now you actually have to go to the destination city, click on it, chose the option between the 2 cities etc. Is there anything that can be done to restore setting to allow the mileage to be viewed more easily?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

It would be nice if the tool did not show destinations that are not bookable on xONEx. There are a number of places that are not flown by OW airlines, but which have OW codeshares which are ineligible on xONEx.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:33 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I've been pricing out couple of simple ITNs but cannot get the booking tool to match the published OWE prices correctly, there seems to be >10% difference to the fare estimates on ow.com...maybe they messed something up when the promo ended..anyone else having problems?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
No, that simply means the oneworld website has not been updated with the current fares; they are still showing last week's.

The 10% off sale finished on 3rd November.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:13 pm

You cannot book any flight from YVR (Vancouver) to LA or SFO (or the other way)...despite there being AA flights.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:19 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by brummiedj
You cannot book any flight from YVR (Vancouver) to LA or SFO (or the other way)...despite there being AA flights.
No there aren't - see your other thread.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Risking of being OT, I post this because I could not find an appropriate thread for this.
Since yesterday, I have not been able to access the OW online. Tried it on both Firefox & IE to no avail. Got this message:
"This oneworld plan and book site is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later."
Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yup same for me. Seems down or broken.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Seems back up now ...
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
MCT problem via LAX

About 80% of the time I have a problem when flying into LAX from outside the US. For example, if I do SCL-LAX-JFK, or LHR-LAX-JFK, it tells me that I don't have enough time even if I leave 5, 6 or 10 hours to make the connection to JFK. And right now, even if I fly the next day, it still tells me I don't have enough time to make the connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.