Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Came in Sat Dec 21 mid day, regular aisle was full of HHRs and other mid size cars and one Cadillac CTS was parked in the first spot, but the doors were locked with no key. I asked the lot attendant and he said 'someone had just parked and left that there and I don't think its available'. So moved to Executive Selection (as I am) and there were four Malibu's , a few Sebrings and two SUVs -- one Kia and one Jeep Laredo. Less than 12 cars total in the whole Executive Selection and no Volvo's or anything like that (I guess I'm spoiled since I've also taken a Volvo and Cadillac SRX in the past). I took the Jeep Laredo as I like big cars and gas is cheap enough that it doesn't matter.

At least most new cars these days have AUX input right in front for ease of use with MP3 or personal satellite radios. Can't complain too much since my rental was $11 a day.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the LAS ES close at a certain time? I made a reservation for pickup at 11:30pm and my confirmation email says the following:
Your level of service is Emerald Aisle.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: National ES
That doesn't make any sense.

Are you still Executive?

Did you reserve a full-size or intermediate?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jakeflynwa
That doesn't make any sense.

Are you still Executive?

Did you reserve a full-size or intermediate?
Yes, I'm still Executive and all other 2009 reservations show this. The reservation is for a midsize.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I just picked up a nearly new (1400 mile) red Dodge Charger from the Executive Aisle. They had two full rows -- probably 50 cars. Nothing all that extraordinary. There were about half a dozen Chargers, one small SUV, some Impalla LSs, a Camry, and a variety of other lesser cars. I didn't check out the Emerald Aisle. My first impression on the Charger: they look nice, but don't have any power. Good stereo with satellite ratio.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdm1130
Yes, I'm still Executive and all other 2009 reservations show this. The reservation is for a midsize.
I know this is old--but as an Executive you need to reserve a Fullsize to get the Executive Aisle. You will be charged the intermediate rate (which will show towards the end of online booking), but you must book Fullsize.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Any updates???

Any updates here? I'm visiting with my In-laws 3/19-3/22. I'm Executive level.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ambrummer
Any updates here? I'm visiting with my In-laws 3/19-3/22. I'm Executive level.
Last week ES had about a dozen cars, including 4 Altima 2.5s that were brand new. Nothing really nice, just 1 Camry, 1 Rav4, a couple of Malibus and Chargers. I settled on a Nissan Rogue AWD with under 1000 miles and that turned out to be a great choice (drove well and got 24 mpg!). Luxury Aisle had lots of Caddilacs, Infinitis and Volvos -- but none in ES. I guess they start coming over only when they are short on cars.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Nat'l EE.
Picked up at LAS 3/12. Executive: New model Mazda 6's, Impalas, Malibu LT 4cyls, Altima 2.5's and 4-5 Taurus Limiteds. I took one of these. 800 miles on it Sirius, sunroof etc.. Exit booth guy said these are now considered premium and seemed surprised they were in the aisle.
Sorry, I didn't really get a look at regular EA ( was on the phone)
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:39 am

Any news on Convertibles at LAS? Picking up this weekend. I assume mostly Sebrings but wonder if there is anything else? G6? VW?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:47 am

I have executive status with national and picked up my car at 530pm on Sunday, March 8th and was disappointed with selection. Had about 6 cars total in Executive, maybe a couple in emerald.

Choice was Nissan Altima or Ford Taurus. No SUV/Vans/Cadillacs/Convertibles/anything fun.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:04 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by geekpilot
Any news on Convertibles at LAS? Picking up this weekend. I assume mostly Sebrings but wonder if there is anything else? G6? VW?
Mostly Sebrings as you say, also mustangs but I did see 1 Volvo convertible which was very nice (but I think it was in premium).
Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:54 pm

When I walked out into the garage there were ZERO convertibles. I commented to the agent, "No convertibles today?" He told me I could pick anything I wanted from Mid-size/Premium. All well and good...almost picked an Avalon when I asked again, "Will everything be the same price since I rented a convertible." After he confirmed that I did indeed reserve a convertible he went to "find one". After a few minutes a just washed silver Sebring pulled up. The gas tank was 1/2 empty. My wife and I had two regulation size carry on bags (I work for an airline...we always travel with 1 carry on bag each) and they wouldn't fit behind the divider....next time I think I will just take the Avalon.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Pickup on Sat 4/11 at 6:30 PM - ES was couple of base Altimas, couple of base Malibus and a lone Buick Lacrosse with leather that I took. EA was PT Cruisers, Dodge Calibers - very few cars elsewhere in the lot also.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
At noon today I perceived the inventory to be pretty weak for a high volume location:

EA: Two PT Cruisers, two Dodge Calibers, and something I judged unworthy by virtue of proximity to those losers.

ES: 5-6 Nissan Altimas (all base 2.5S models); 4-5 Hyundai Sonatas, all 4-cyl; a couple of Camrys; one Malibu (again, base LS 4-cyl); one Impala not an SS. A valet brought up a Dodge Charger that truly was gone in 60 seconds, but with a V-6 in a really heavy car it didn't interest me.

Nope, not a single crossover, SUV or minivan on the EA or ES for those who need space but play the rate lotto.

Full size: One Mitsubishi Galant, another Camry, and the Volvo S60 2.5T I took (with 31K+ miles).

Sorry but I didn't even look at premium or SUV since I was coupon-restricted to mid+full.

We can all hope for the new 2010 Camaro, Mustang, Taurus, Prius, etc., but I'd be happy with some decent, mid-level-trim MY2009s right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.