Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
EA and ES both had wide selections tonight around 10:00pm. On ES I saw several Tahoes (old LTZ and new LT) along with F150, Ram, Enclave, Traverse, Durango, Grand Cherokee, Sonata, and a few other SUVs. On the Sedan front there were several Impalas ranging from Limited up to LTZ, chargers, Mazda 6s, Maximas, Lacrosses, etc. EA was new 200s, old 200s, Souls, Compass, Captiva, and Impala Limited. On my LCAR res I was given the choice of a 328i, XTS, SRX, ATS, MXT, or Z4 (the former three being parked in VIP, the latter three being parked in PS). I took the Z4 having not paid any attention to the weather on the shuttle ride (reading an article in one of the local freebie parenting magazines), though at least it's an xDrive model (had I realized it was going to be constant rain the next few days I probably would have taken the Grand Cherokee Limited from ES and had the booth downgrade my rate to ICAR).

EDIT: Turns out it just got warm enough to drop the top for a ride down I90 today. Glad I took the Z4 because I can't imagine seeing another pop up for awhile, especially on an LCAR res with no upgrade fee.

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Oct 14, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I glanced at availability as I walked by after dropping off today (3pm-ish) and things were far less interesting than Monday night. EA was 200s (new and old), a Jetta, and a Fusion... ES was full of small SUVs, a few Altimas and Malibus, and one Impala Limited... PS was just an S60 wagon and VIP was empty.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:49 pm

Late morning on Thursday for the ES:

Lots of Craptivas
A few Caravans
Murano
GMC Terrain
GMC Acadia SLT (took it)
A few Fusions (didn't catch the trims)
Various other sedanage
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:47 am

Saturday afternoon at SEA - executive selection was truck and SUV city. If you're looking for a Dodge Ram, SEA is the place for you. There were literally only 4 cars - 2 Altimas and 2 Malibus.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: AA
Arrived at 10pm Friday night with family and 4 large bags. I had a minivan rental as a backup at Alamo but was hoping to avoid getting a Town & Country since it only seated 2 in the middle row. Choices were somewhat limited, no Yukon/Tahoe in the executive lanes. There was a Yukon, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Explorers and Dodge Durangos all waiting to be processed/cleaned.

- Buick Enclave (VIP reserved for someone else)
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Mazda CX5s
- Muranos
- several Chrysler T&C
- many sedans (Altima, Fusions, etc)

I took an 2014 Acura MDX that was just cleaned/processed while we stood trying to fit bags in a minivan. Best car on the lot despite having 18k miles and no GPS.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Cars at SEA

Pretty average mix of cars at 10 last night. Ended up grabbing a fusion titanium off the Executive line. Did see a Maserati ghibli for an upsell of $100/day.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:58 pm

ES was nearly empty tonight... had a Rogue, Patriot, Sienna, and Caravan. EA had a few Souls, a Jetta, and a couple of Altimas. PS had a Ghibli for $100/day and there was a Camaro coupe in VIP next to the XTS I took on an LCAR res.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
Hadn't seen an update in a while, and I'm here all the time so figured I'd post what I saw in ES.

Arrived around 8:15pm tonight. Lots of cars in ES but only a few notable choices.

Multiple Sonatas, Patriots, Santa Fes, and Equinoxes. A few full sized pickups (Chevy, Dodge), Kia and Toyota minivans, Altimas, and Camrys. There were two Buick Enclaves and a Chrysler 300 (which I nabbed).
Old May 13, 2015, 10:57 am

Picked up 4/21....grabbed an Altima from ES. Very limited selection I found.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Will be arriving around 9:30pm on a friday night. Im afraid the executive aisle will be slim pickings. Anyone have any experience here?
Old May 27, 2015, 11:14 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by RXSF
Will be arriving around 9:30pm on a friday night. Im afraid the executive aisle will be slim pickings. Anyone have any experience here?
Was on the line on the weekend. Saturday morning as of late has been very slim pickings and the staff on duty have been pretty horrible. I find the night staff better than the morning guys in helping out. The Saturday morning staff just don't want to help at all, where as the night staff want to help and will do what they can.

Lately it has been SUV city, especially for smaller vehicles like Terrains, Equinoxes, Cherokees etc. Lots of Minivans and some Trucks as well on the ES. EA has been barren every time I went through. VIP usually has the good stuff. Very little in the way of Sedans as of late, however when I dropped off on Monday night, there was maybe a half dozen on the line (4 of which were new 2015 chargers).
Old May 27, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by `X'
Was on the line on the weekend. Saturday morning as of late has been very slim pickings and the staff on duty have been pretty horrible. I find the night staff better than the morning guys in helping out. The Saturday morning staff just don't want to help at all, where as the night staff want to help and will do what they can.

Lately it has been SUV city, especially for smaller vehicles like Terrains, Equinoxes, Cherokees etc. Lots of Minivans and some Trucks as well on the ES. EA has been barren every time I went through. VIP usually has the good stuff. Very little in the way of Sedans as of late, however when I dropped off on Monday night, there was maybe a half dozen on the line (4 of which were new 2015 chargers).
Been coming through the last 8 weeks. Monday mornings are always a mad rush for cars. It seems Exec is always SUVs/minivans. Mustangs, Camaros, Infinitis are always in VIP.

There is an occasional premium car in Exec - Buick Lacosse/Verrano - if you are lucky. Otherwise Exec is your usual mix of sedans.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by canon5dfan
There is an occasional premium car in Exec - Buick Lacosse/Verrano - if you are lucky. Otherwise Exec is your usual mix of sedans.
Technically the Verrano doesn't belong on the ES. It's actually an SCAR, so it doesn't meet the fullsized criteria for cars on ES.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by piper28
Technically the Verrano doesn't belong on the ES. It's actually an SCAR, so it doesn't meet the fullsized criteria for cars on ES.
Neither do Hyundai Elantras, but SEA puts them on the ES sometimes too.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
Any recent experiences with both aisles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.