Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:40 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Can anyone even get a L-Car reservation here? I'm looking 1-2 months out and can't get any. I called and they said it is going to be that way. I'm surprised a city of this size doesn't have any a month out.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
If anyone can report on ER-PREM over the next month or so, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Any full reports lately? I've not seen a full report for SEA since July. I'll be sure to pitch in next time I'm there!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:57 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Any full reports lately? I've not seen a full report for SEA since July. I'll be sure to pitch in next time I'm there!
I got a P-car - I'll let you know.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:04 pm

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yet another terrible SEA experience.

Booked a luxury car, and upon arrival guess what - no luxury car, or any car for that matter set aside for me. As an Exec Elite I don't think it's too much to ask for an appropriate car to be parked in the reserve area and the keys held at the booth for me to pick up - at other locations sure, but at SEA - never.

After waiting in line behind some fool jibber-jabbering endless nonsense to the return agent, she had to make multiple phone calls before telling me I could take either of the Volvo or Cadillac SUVs parked in the upgrade space - when I went to the cars I found both of them to be absolutely disgusting inside - they hadn't been cleaned! Stains, food scraps, crumbs, etc - all over the console, cup holders, floor, etc. Disgusting.

I was fed up and walked over to a new Chrysler 200 to see if XM was included and I would just downgrade myself to get out of there, but no XM so I decided to fight to get the car I reserved.

Finally an unwashed, filthy (on the outside) Lincoln SUV was brought up as my 'only option' (the 200 was now gone) and I took it.

This location has really become the pits - can't do anything right anymore. Is there new management? It doesn't appear that anyone is in charge there.

Last edited by bocastephen; Sep 12, 2014 at 9:43 pm
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:47 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
What is Executive Platinum?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 pm

Probably meant Exec Elite...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:11 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SEA is interesting to me; FWIW, I always reserve a PCAR at SEA and they never, ever have one, save once a 300 a long while ago. My practice is just to mosey on up to the booth and ask "where your Premium Reserve section". They check their computer, see that I reserved a PCAR and not an FCAR or ICAR, get this deer-in-headlights look, go "um, gee, hold on a sec" and out pops a GXAR, LCAR or something better than a PCAR. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've done it like a half dozen times without fail. And I'd be perfectly happy with the PCAR too, but I always end up with something better there as they never seem to have a PCAR and I'm not too picky.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:10 pm

I've had similar experience, but I'm only 1/4 for getting an upgrade out of it... my last 4 visits on PCAR reservations have yielded a Cadenza, Genesis. Lacross, and G37. Two other reservations where PCAR was pricing about 4x that of ICAR (meaning FCAR was pricing that high for anyone non-ES) I did an ICAR res... I once ended up taking a Buick Verano from EA because ES was full of Captiva and Compass, the other time I grabbed a Fusion Titanium from ES after just missing a Grand Cherokee. It's been since July since I was there... curious to see if anything has changed next time I'm back in October.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:28 pm

Any recent reports, especially ES and ER-PREM? I'll be heading in week-after-next and I haven't seen a full report since July...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by fintheman
Can anyone even get a L-Car reservation here? I'm looking 1-2 months out and can't get any. I called and they said it is going to be that way. I'm surprised a city of this size doesn't have any a month out.
I managed to get an LCAR reservation a few days ago for a 10/9 - 10/13 rental. I wonder what color Taurus I'll end up with . . .
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:41 pm

I got an LCAR reservation here but I had to book it 3 months out, by 6 weeks to go it was sold out. I got an ATS.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
I got an LCAR reservation here but I had to book it 3 months out, by 6 weeks to go it was sold out. I got an ATS.
Call me crazy but I'll take a Lacrosse, Genesis, Cadenza, 300, Taurus, or Impala LTZ over an ATS or C250 (at least the '13/'14 models) most any day... when I book PCAR or LCAR it's because I want a large, well-appointed sedan, not a midsize sedan with a few bells and whistles that even most newer body-style SCARs and FCARs have these days anyway.

BTW, any recent reports on ER-PREM and/or ES?

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Oct 5, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
On a Friday afternoon, the ES was stocked with a lot of SUVs, Lacrosses, and Nissans. Even saw a Honda Pilot. Ending up grabbing a VW Touareg. The VIP lane also had a Mercedes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.