Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Back on topic...

Mrs User Name got a phone call today from Nordstrom from their 'security' dept. to ask whether she had any intention of placing the 15 of one thing and 15 of another thing that she ordered last night on eBay or Craigslist. She confidently and truthfully answered in the negative, and they confirmed that the order would go through.

They seem to have a stance on re-sellers, but seem to be policing it based on just your word. I suppose they might pull the plug on repeat offenders, but I am assuming that such people are not acting in conjunction with the BA offer (as it's allegedly a one-time only deal, although I've seen one report to the contrary).
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by SkyBuck
If they can change the order you should be okay, but if they have to cancel the item and place a separate order, probably not. I just lost 2400 avios because an item became unavailable after the order was placed, and they weren't able to substitute a different item on the same order, it would need to be a new order. Maybe I'll see if my goldfish wants to buy those shoes for me. @:-)
just ended up cancelling last order and placing a new one from a new account. hopefully my 292k miles for $8000 in purchases go through.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by whimike
How do you buy a 4% cash back virtual gift card from big crumbs?
There's not too much to explain. BigCrumbs.com > Holiday gift cards > Nordstrom > 3.5% + 0.5% referral for virtual gift cards
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I would be worried, mine posted in a day or two. Do you have your order on BA's shopping click history?
Thanks. Just logged in and I see them pending.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:38 pm

I got my stuff today. Ordered nine things and I think Im going to keep two polos, a half zip and a watch. Overall good stuff, but a little expensive if the clothes dont fit perfectly.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:42 pm

Hmmm...they seem to be out of the red and white Dre Beats headphones, and the black ones don't ship until Feb 14th? Kind of strange it would take that long to ship.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:05 pm

My running shoes arrived today. I didn't see any special nordstrom tags inside the shoes. All I had was the order form in the box.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Hmmm...they seem to be out of the red and white Dre Beats headphones, and the black ones don't ship until Feb 14th? Kind of strange it would take that long to ship.
You'd have to be a fool to buy them anyway for personal use or resale!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
I manage a colony of 15 feral cats, but sad to say none have signed up for a frequent flyer account, a credit card or a debit card. Not a one of the felines ever bought dollar coins or opened a bank account for miles either. Like many people we know, they are suspicious or just not interested in flying free.

Oh, and even if you did convince them, you may have a hard time herding them through the airport.

Last edited by econjon; Feb 9, 2012 at 7:49 pm Reason: Probably shouldn't say P***ies
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
You'd have to be a fool to buy them anyway for personal use or resale!
Would you be a fool to buy Avios miles for $.00537 to $.00625 per mile?

Taking into account recent completed listings on ebay, paying $523 - $608 (after loss and ebay fees) for 97,200 miles seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by used_wardrobe
Would you be a fool to buy Avios miles for $.00537 to $.00625 per mile?

Taking into account recent completed listings on ebay, paying $523 - $608 (after loss and ebay fees) for 97,200 miles seems like a pretty good deal to me.
The $300 noise cancelling Beats are selling for that much? I did my research on them last week and saw more of a loss. Final CPM was about $0.008 - 0.01. Not half a cent like some were looking for...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
Nice work. How do you plan on returning the items and getting a gift card? Removing the stickers?
How would removing stickers or returning things for giftcarrd work?
They require you to bring in the packaging slip, receipt or they need to look up the buyer's info.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:21 pm

Ladies and Gents, the key to this is finding items that you can sell for new on Amazon.com. You can then have them handle all of the warehousing and logistics of the operation. It's VERY simple and with the Nordstrom return policy nearly risk free. Why more people aren't doing this I don't know. You cannot sell watches, stupid Beats by Dre, etc on Amazon as new. eBay is a complete joke. They hit you with more than 6% of fees and prices on there are STUPID cheap, most items that you could resell you're competing agains a million other idiots for the lowest price.

Using the miles and then returning the items is stupid. You're just being an ... hole and a thief but this forum seems full of people who are all for slash and burn instead of subsistence farming!

Now quit PMing me asking what I'm buying and find your own products... I at worst will spend .22 CPM at best I will end up making a fat profit off of my item and getting the miles too. Cheers!

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Feb 9, 2012 at 11:55 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by keirnna
Ladies and Gents, the key to this is finding items that you can sell for new on Amazon.com. You can then have them handle all of the warehousing and logistics of the operation. It's VERY simple and with the Nordstrom return policy nearly risk free. Why more people aren't doing this I don't know. You cannot sell watches, stupid Beats by Dre, etc on Amazon as new. eBay is a complete joke. They hit you with more than 6% of fees and prices on there are STUPID cheap, most items that you could resell you're competing agains a million other idiots for the lowest price.

Using the miles and then returning the items is stupid. You're just being an ... hole and a thief but this forum seems full of people who are all for slash and burn instead of subsistence farming!

Now quit PMing me asking what I'm buying and find your own products... I at worst will spend .22 CPM at best I will end up making a fat profit off of my item and getting the miles to. Cheers!
But, just to be clear I can PM you for a referral??
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
But, just to be clear I can PM you for a referral??
Hahahahaha, sure.

I am very new to all of this myself and am all about sharing information. The thing is all this is right there on the site for anyone to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.