Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Can one (hypothetically) be qualified to receive MR bonuses for the following:
AMEX PR Gold PERS
Amex PR Gold BIZ
as well as the Amex PLATINUM cards?

and does anyone have more than 4 AMEX cards? I just got the PR Gold pers, and that's my 4th current AMEX card. I don't want to apply for more if I've hit an assumed "limit".
I think it is very possible. The only "limit" I have heard about is four cards but that is typically four personal plus four business, and in these situation I think it is very much YMMV. I am sure some have been declined for less and some could have more.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
AMEX PR Gold PERS
Amex PR Gold BIZ

and does anyone have more than 4 AMEX cards? I just got the PR Gold pers, and that's my 4th current AMEX card. I don't want to apply for more if I've hit an assumed "limit".
I have 4 personal and 1 biz. Amex Plat, HH, Blue Sky, Delta Plat for personals, and Delta Gold for biz. Not sure about 5 personals.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:44 am

Referral link for amex business gold

Guys,

Do you know of any links that can get 10k or more for referrals for the amex business gold? Like for the consumer there is one, I am hoping there is one for business as well

Last edited by ecomajor; Jun 28, 2011 at 10:43 am Reason: to subscribe
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by booyaa
I have 4 personal and 1 biz. Amex Plat, HH, Blue Sky, Delta Plat for personals, and Delta Gold for biz. Not sure about 5 personals.
Good to know. I now have 3 pers, 1 biz. I'd like to go for the AMEX PR Gold BIZ and the AMEX Platinum PERS still, so it sounds like it would work, but MMMV (MY mileage may vary)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:30 pm

AMEX PR Gold PERS
Amex PR Gold BIZ

Theoretically yes, practially no. I've seen reports of AMEX not matching beyond some level (150-250K total points). I personally wouldn't recommend doing more than 2-3 matches or apps in a short span. You also run the risk of AMEX financial review and potentially losing all your points if they find something they don't like.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by HikerT
Theoretically yes, practially no. I've seen reports of AMEX not matching beyond some level (150-250K total points). I personally wouldn't recommend doing more than 2-3 matches or apps in a short span. You also run the risk of AMEX financial review and potentially losing all your points if they find something they don't like.
Yeah, makes sense.
I, honestly was gambling when I went for the PR Gold. My inquiries are through the roof right now. So, if I go for the platinum, I will be waiting a little while.

Is there a thread somewhere that describes the AMEX Financial Review?
A lot of people warn about getting it, but does anyone really know what exactly it entails? I don't have anything to hide, so I don't feel like there would be anything weird or sketchy on my account for them (or any bank) to find, so why would I worry?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: A few
I just got the Amex PRG and Amex Business RG cards, and Mrs MA got the plat. So 250k between the two of us. I am not going to push it and go for plat too, and Mrs MA already has the PRG. I am up to 4 personal cards now too. My next Amex will be some kind of biz card down the road when the inquiries have died down
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:10 pm

What are the chances of getting 2 PRG bonus if i apply on the same day? I have 2 seperate business and got 2 seperate invitiations in my mail box today. Just wondering if they would catch it if both applications were submitted on the same day. Any thoughts?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:17 pm

For the Biz card --- Do we need to meet the initial bonus offer's spending reqs/terms before Amex matches the 75K?? Or does the 75K offer's spending requirement supersede the original spending requirement?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:52 pm

offer

Does anyone have an offer link for this card besides the standard 50K spend for 25000 MR? Specifically is there an active link out there for the 50000 MR points after 10K spend many have mentioned?

I'm not sure I can hit 50K spend if they dont bump....
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:40 am

The $50K spend for 25K points is not a sign up bonus - it applies in any given year. I would just apply via that standard offer. Only took me 2 calls to get matched to 75K. The nice thing about requesting the bump from no sign up bonus is the friendlier reps will take more pity on you and want to make things right.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:30 pm

Success!

Wife and I applied for the Business cards last week, hers arrived last Friday, mine arrived Wednesday. Spent $1000+ on each, which has now posted. Called MR (800-297-3276) and asked for the 6499 Promo to be applied to my account. On hold for 5 minutes, came back and said it was noted in my account and 8 weeks after the statement posted with $1000 spend it would be credited. Asked her to do the same for my wife, put her on the phone, done.

Same basic deal as the personal cards. So, by September we should have 300K MR points. Sweeeet!

Ike
Old Jul 2, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Wife and I applied for the Business cards last week, hers arrived last Friday, mine arrived Wednesday. Spent $1000+ on each, which has now posted. Called MR (800-297-3276) and asked for the 6499 Promo to be applied to my account. On hold for 5 minutes, came back and said it was noted in my account and 8 weeks after the statement posted with $1000 spend it would be credited. Asked her to do the same for my wife, put her on the phone, done.

Same basic deal as the personal cards. So, by September we should have 300K MR points. Sweeeet!

Ike
Which, if you transferred into BA before July 31st, could be 450,000 BA miles!! SUPER sweet!!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq

Ike
Which offer or link did you use to apply? Was it the public link which I believe is 50K points for $50000 spending or a targeted offer?

Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Which offer or link did you use to apply? Was it the public link which I believe is 50K points for $50000 spending or a targeted offer?

Thanks.
Yeah, I just applied for the basic link with the $50K spend for 25K points.

Ike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.