Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:27 pm

RSVP will

Originally Posted by HikerT
If you are not targeted the only way to get the bonus is to apply for the card under a lesser offer and request the bump. That's just how it is. I don't think using someone else's RSVP will work.
They indicated that if you could get a RSVP code they would accept it, they just can't cultivate one for you.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
.....Long story short, after putting me on hold she came back and told me she found a better offer for me than 6497. Offer code is 6499, 75K bonus points after 1K spend....
Another data point.

I took advantage of the PERSONAL Amex Gold Rewards for 75k few months ago.

It was my churn time (a la Frugal Travel Guy) few days ago so I applied for BUSINESS Amex Gold along with 3 other cards (Amex was approved).

After activating, my first two attempts via phone calls were rejected for 6499 (they kept on saying it was for new card members)

On a whim, I called one last time and mentioned that I will either keep Amex Biz Gold or get a Chase Sapp Pref with 100k miles and asked him about qualifying for 6499 or 6497. He also said they were for new customers but I informed him that this was my FIRST Biz Gold (I have other Amex Blue business cards) and told him not to get confused with my personal Gold card. Few minutes later, he came back and offered either bonus codes (I took 6499 for $1k spend vs 6497 for $2k spend).

Made the call today (Wednesday, 2011 06 22, 1pm ET) and spoke to North American Memb. Rewards (800 297 3276)

Don't be deterred if you have existing Amex cards. If can afford to take a hard inquiry hit, go ahead and give it a try!

PS. I DID NOT have an RSVP and was NOT targeted for either codes
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by jtmann
Another data point.

It was my churn time (a la Frugal Travel Guy) few days ago so I applied for BUSINESS Amex Gold along with 3 other cards (Amex was approved).

After activating, my first two attempts via phone calls were rejected for 6499 (they kept on saying it was for new card members)

On a whim, I called one last time and mentioned that I will either keep Amex Biz Gold or get a Chase Sapp Pref with 100k miles and asked him about qualifying for 6499 or 6497. He also said they were for new customers but I informed him that this was my FIRST Biz Gold (I have other Amex Blue business cards) and told him not to get confused with my personal Gold card. Few minutes later, he came back and offered either bonus codes (I took 6499 for $1k spend vs 6497 for $2k spend).

Made the call today (Wednesday, 2011 06 22, 1pm ET) and spoke to North American Memb. Rewards (800 297 3276)

Don't be deterred if you have existing Amex cards. If can afford to take a hard inquiry hit, go ahead and give it a try!

PS. I DID NOT have an RSVP and was NOT targeted for either codes
Wait, so if I currently have a AMEX Plat open, would I still qualify for the Gold personal AND business 75k? Or just the business Gold since personal and business are separate?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
Wait, so if I currently have a AMEX Plat open, would I still qualify for the Gold personal AND business 75k? Or just the business Gold since personal and business are separate?
Unfortunately, I only have two Business Blue Cash cards (in addition to my personal cards) so I cannot directly answer your question.

The impression I got from my first two calls were that codes 6497 and/or 6499 were available to first time Gold Business cards.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Another data point:
-Applied for Business Gold Rewards Card on 3/18/2011 (first Business AMEX card)
-50k MR points after $10k spend in 4 months
-Sent below secure message two days ago and received additional 25k MR points

"Hi, I recently applied for the American Express Business Gold Rewards card with a 50K MR points signup bonus after spending $10000, which I met, and the points posted. But I'm a little disappointed because now I found out there was an offer for 75K MR points (offer 6499). Could you kindly apply that offer to my account so I can receive the additional 25k points? Thanks for you consideration."
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: United, AA, BA, SPG
deadlines for 6499 or 6497

Does somebody know the date for the expiration of this offers (6499 or 6497) ??
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Anyone got the letter from AMEX saying they need 4506 form from IRS?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Gold Card

I always get confused with all these codes.

Can someone explain to me on how to go about applying for it for 75k.

What number do we call and do we mention the code before we apply?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:22 pm

Jtmann,

Congrats. Which link did you use for the Bus gold Card? Did it have another offer associated with it, and was it fee free for the 1st year?

Originally Posted by jtmann
Another data point.

Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:17 am

I got an Amex Gold (personal) last month. My 75K Biz offer ($2000 spend) expires 7/12/2011, so I figured I'd wait till the last week to give it a shot.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Jtmann,

Congrats. Which link did you use for the Bus gold Card? Did it have another offer associated with it, and was it fee free for the 1st year?
Just a vanilla link from American Express itself ( here - 25k MR points for $50K spend; first year annal fee waived )

When I received 75k MR points / $1000 spend under the bonus code 6499, I did not confirm with the MR agent if my first year due was still waived (I didn't mind paying $125 for 75k MR points anyway) but I suspect it would still be waived
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: A few
I had applied and was approved under the 50k after $10k offer. I kind of got matched in they're going to give me the extra 25k but I still have to make the original $10k spend. Not the end of the world as I had already done most of it.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Brian_D
Another data point:
-Applied for Business Gold Rewards Card on 3/18/2011 (first Business AMEX card)
-50k MR points after $10k spend in 4 months
-Sent below secure message two days ago and received additional 25k MR points

"Hi, I recently applied for the American Express Business Gold Rewards card with a 50K MR points signup bonus after spending $10000, which I met, and the points posted. But I'm a little disappointed because now I found out there was an offer for 75K MR points (offer 6499). Could you kindly apply that offer to my account so I can receive the additional 25k points? Thanks for you consideration."
Thanks Brian. I hope you don't mind that I plagiarized your SM. Since it worked so well for you, I figured why try to improve it? Sent it yesterday and the extra 25k points showed up today!
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flymonthly
Thanks Brian. I hope you don't mind that I plagiarized your SM. Since it worked so well for you, I figured why try to improve it? Sent it yesterday and the extra 25k points showed up today!
Not at all - glad to hear it worked for you....congrats!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: All of em...
Can one (hypothetically) be qualified to receive MR bonuses for the following:
AMEX PR Gold PERS
Amex PR Gold BIZ
as well as the Amex PLATINUM cards?

and does anyone have more than 4 AMEX cards? I just got the PR Gold pers, and that's my 4th current AMEX card. I don't want to apply for more if I've hit an assumed "limit".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.