Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by xp0
Why is it that my CORE balance will have a lot of money but my Cash Available to Withdraw is less? Is this still considered "unsettled" money, even though its not listed in my pending transfer or the unsettled section? I see all this money in my account, and its like I cant do anything with it

I am assuming it just takes a few days, once its "received", before I can actually use it/its registered in the system?

Thanks...
Yes. About 4-5 business days
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by aragno
I deposited 100k and AA miles posted. I signed up for DL promotion and DL miles posted in a few days. I made no deposits after signing up for DL promotion.
Do we think that it's important to wait until the AA miles post and then shortly thereafter sign up for the DL promo as opposed to signing up for the both of them right away?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:02 am

Anyone's miles not post this morning as expected?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:07 am
xp0

Originally Posted by tlott
Seems they dont post for a little while, if you read back when people thought this was done, and then they post at the same time for everyone. I guess we just need to wait... I am waiting for my final 25k
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Miles usually post on Sundays.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Miles usually post on Sundays.
You're right, not sure what I was thinking.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:00 pm

My 50k AA miles posted on a Friday and 50k Delta miles posted on a Saturday.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like some DL miles posted for this week.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 10:15 pm

Got 15k DL miles but none for AA for this week. I can confirm that doing both promos simultaneously works without any problems.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by abcx
Got 15k DL miles but none for AA for this week. I can confirm that doing both promos simultaneously works without any problems.
Has anyone opened an AA account, then immediately signed up for the Delta promo, THEN funded?

Why is it open AA, fund, wait for miles, then sign up for Delta if it seems they are just tracking promos via SSN?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by abcx
you're certain about this? it sounds like from earlier in the thread that people were doing the AA, after 100k deposit they get 50k AA miles... and then sign up for DL promo, then do the 100k deposit account churn again to get the 50K DL miles.

anyone else can vouch for ABCX's simultaneous thing?? i just wanna hear a second before i do it too...

currently i've already done $25k deposit into Fidelity. if simultaneous, then I should also register for DL now and deposit total of $125k to get the 50k+50k miles? (125k instead of usual 100k since i havent registered for DL yet)
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
AA miles showed up this morning on schedule.

Originally Posted by epiding
you're certain about this? it sounds like from earlier in the thread that people were doing the AA, after 100k deposit they get 50k AA miles... and then sign up for DL promo, then do the 100k deposit account churn again to get the 50K DL miles.

)
Re: DL, I haven't done the simultaneous enrollment but once you finish with the deposits for AA you can register for the DL promotion and the DL miles show up without additional deposits or churning.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
How do I add the DL promotion to an existing AA account?

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
AA miles showed up this morning on schedule.

Re: DL, I haven't done the simultaneous enrollment but once you finish with the deposits for AA you can register for the DL promotion and the DL miles show up without additional deposits or churning.
When I did this promotion, I simply created a new account. I have a family member who received their AA miles and wants to get the DL miles. How can they just add the DL promotion to their existing account (opened under the AA promotion)?

When following the steps it wishes to open a new account.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by epiding

anyone else can vouch for ABCX's simultaneous thing?? i just wanna hear a second before i do it too...

currently i've already done $25k deposit into Fidelity. if simultaneous, then I should also register for DL now and deposit total of $125k to get the 50k+50k miles? (125k instead of usual 100k since i havent registered for DL yet)
This is my experience:

Week 1 - Signed up for AA promo / deposited 25k / received 15k AA miles
Week 2 - Deposited 75k / a couple days later (before AA miles credited) signed up for DL promo / 35k and 50k DL miles awarded yesterday & this morning.

Hope this helps.

edit: the above is my fiancee's account. i funded my account late last year (and have been using the account) and received the AA miles. upon signing up for the DL promo under my account recently, no miles were credited until I started to transfer new money into the account. there is a time component to it (i believe the DL promo has to be signed up within the same timeframe of depositing the $$, or it will wait for fresh deposits before crediting miles. just my observation/guess.)

Last edited by tlott; Jun 5, 2011 at 8:51 am
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
...upon signing up for the DL promo under my account recently, no miles were credited until I started to transfer new money into the account. there is a time component to it (i believe the DL promo has to be signed up within the same timeframe of depositing the $$, or it will wait for fresh deposits before crediting miles. just my observation/guess.)
Thanks for the data point; if you don't mind my asking a few questions, it would be really helpful to understand this a little better since I'm trying to decide about if/when to pursue Delta miles after getting an AA bonus:

1) Did your existing account have a balance at the time that you signed up for Delta that was high enough for one of the bonus tiers?

2) How long did you wait to determine that Delta bonuses were not posting before adding new money to the account?

3) Were you able to determine if the bonus miles posted after you began adding new money were consistent with a) the amount of new money added or b) the total account balance (e.g., assume that the existing account balance was $50K and you added $25K, this would result in a bonus posting of 15K miles under scenario a versus 25K miles under scenario b)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.