[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by montreid
Same. No AA posting. 100k moved into account last week and cleared this past Monday.

Hopefully the long weekend issue, but the above posting about DL credit does bring concern.
Actually think the DL posting is a GOOD thing, if it was from recent money xfer. The DL and AA offers are identical (save you can only do the AA as a new customer), so I see no way Fido wouldn't have changed both at the same time if they were so intent to do so.

I'd wager odds are AA didn't run the tape they got from Fido this weekend yet.
Old May 29, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
Originally Posted by damofrk
So do you meet the requirement depending on when your money actually clears in their system or when you actually initiate the transfer?
The only thing that seems to be routine is that miles post on Saturday. I would probably wait until after next Saturday to inquire if you receive no miles.

As far as the cleared/not cleared part, AA miles for the equivalent of a $100k deposit posted, despite only $25k showing up as "cleared" and $75k showing up as unsettled cash.
Old May 29, 2011, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cutnana
Was it announced?
Not yet but expected very soon as the effect date is to be August 1st per the other reliable website.

There is no way my friend could generate enough AA miles in that time frame.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by montreid
Same. No AA posting. 100k moved into account last week and cleared this past Monday.

Hopefully the long weekend issue, but the above posting about DL credit does bring concern.
Thanks for the info.
Seeing as you funded the full 100K and did not get credited the miles, I think this is a somewhat reassuring data point for any Fido AA churner that it might be a glitch.
Have your funds settled?
Old May 29, 2011, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Actually think the DL posting is a GOOD thing, if it was from recent money xfer. The DL and AA offers are identical (save you can only do the AA as a new customer), so I see no way Fido wouldn't have changed both at the same time if they were so intent to do so.

I'd wager odds are AA didn't run the tape they got from Fido this weekend yet.
+1
Old May 30, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by Happy
Was it announced?
Not yet but expected very soon as the effect date is to be August 1st per the other reliable website.

There is no way my friend could generate enough AA miles in that time frame.
Off topic, but what is "the other reliable website"? Why not just provide a link?
Old May 30, 2011, 7:09 am

AA miles didn't show up today either for the record, although wasn't expecting much chance since it's Mem Day.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by accounted
Originally Posted by aragno
All worked well on my end but I did not cycle money. Made legit deposits.

A family member was funding their account with 25k per day and Risk Group locked/froze the account. Nobody can assist til Tuesday when Risk Group returns. Anyone had this before? The person was NOT cycling money but making deposits only.
if you have an activity about funding after business hours, fidelity will locked the account for review until the next business day.
been there done that
I hope you are correct.
Old May 30, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Got my remaining Delta miles yesterday. Now time to pull the money out and recycle for my wife.
Old May 30, 2011, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by aragno
I hope you are correct.
now, once they reviewed, my account was not post the remaining miles since
Old May 30, 2011, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by accounted
now, once they reviewed, my account was not post the remaining miles since
That's crap! Especially if you have been making legitimate deposits and so forth. I hope all goes okay for the family member as I don't want it to be a headache but they needed a place to park the money and this seemed like a good opportunity for a couple of domestic tickets for very little effort on their part.

I took part with no problems... We will wait a few days to see if the issue clears itself after everyone is back in the office and working for a day or two.
Old May 30, 2011, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by omars007
For the record, I got AA and Delta miles without having to recycle $$ or make a second deposit.

Going to do this with my wife next. Thank you Fidelity !!
You are not afraid of $100K being withhold as terms condition stipulated 6 months deposits?

As of today Monday 5/30 night, I have managed to get my 50K Delta points. I received my AA 50K miles on 5/20, then open DL on the following week by just register at the offer link but did not open new account. Confirmed with online rep I did not need to open new account for DL. Left my $$ there, and today got the miles.

Now I will withdraw money soon, maybe wait till Wesneday the month June, because maybe the executive report or logic of determining churning frequency is determined by Month. New month, new counts, hopefully

But i really worry about the 6 months conditions.
Old May 31, 2011, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by sftong

But i really worry about the 6 months conditions.
This is exactly why I didn't do it yet. The T&C do not say you will need to pay for them so my guess is that they can't charge for them like AMEX does. They can pull them out of your account which is not the end of the world.

I wonder what others think.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is exactly why I didn't do it yet. The T&C do not say you will need to pay for them so my guess is that they can't charge for them like AMEX does. They can pull them out of your account which is not the end of the world.

I wonder what others think.
It is better to do it NOW than later. They dont have any ability in place currently to detect money cycling/ let alone crawl back the miles like TD does. They might eventually. Do it while you can as they are so pathetic they deserve being scammed because they never put the specific languages in place, nor any mechanism to prevent what is going on.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Do it while you can as they are so pathetic they deserve being scammed because they never put the specific languages in place, nor any mechanism to prevent what is going on.
Always nice to see FTers advocating scamming companies. And the T&Cs are actually very clear that the funding used to earn bonuses has to remain in the account a minimum of 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.