Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, US Air Gold, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
We were there 1/13-17... we found 5 other FT'ers (or friends with them) on our flight. A van took us to the hyatt where we all were staying for $36 USD total.. we gave a $10 USD tip upon arrival. Took less than a half hour.. I guess seatbelts are non existant in Mexico LOL

Return.. I inquired with various cabbies around the Hyatt for the rate to the airport. Four of us went for $22 all inclusive. It was a bit cheaper at Wal-Mart but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding the guy later to save four stinkin bucks
I forgot to metion that there were two FT's on my flight down who sat beside my wife and I. The same couple was on our flight back also sitting beside us again. Sort of funny how that works out.

It always surprises me how different experiences can be when traveling to a location. Every cab I stepped into had seatbelts. Every driver wore them, so we did too.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
For those of you who have already traveled, how far in advance do you suggest checking in at the ACA airport before your flight time? Do things move fairly quickly?

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, US Air Gold, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
We got there two hours early on Sunday at 12:30pm. The airport is hot. I had access to the club room so it wasn't that big of a deal, but even it was a little warm. Getting through security was quick for us. Next time I would probably only get there 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier to minimize time spent in the airport heat. Are you checking luggage? That would make a difference also.

Last edited by odysseusinrtp; Jan 19, 2006 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:58 am

Good point - yes, we are checking luggage (traveling with the SO!)
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by miller4isu
Good point - yes, we are checking luggage (traveling with the SO!)
I personally would get there 1 1/2 hours earlier. Just in case.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:21 am

Sounds smart - I think we will do that.
I have to ask (probably a dumb question), but what club are you talking about? Acording to AA's website, there is not an Admirals Club in ACA.............I was thinking of purchasing a one day pass.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:22 am

For those of you who have already traveled, how far in advance do you suggest checking in at the ACA airport before your flight time? Do things move fairly quickly?
My van picked me up at my hotel at 12:15, it made a stop to pick up nine slow people at another hotel, and I was still checked in, through security, and at my gate by 1:15. However, I only had a carry-on bag. If you have checked luggage, allow some extra time because they will need to hand-search it.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:43 am

Sounds smart - I think we will do that.
I have to ask (probably a dumb question), but what club are you talking about? Acording to AA's website, there is not an Admirals Club in ACA.............I was thinking of purchasing a one day pass.
You are right there is not an Admiral's club, but there are two different clubs there. I can't remember what the other is, but I went to:

Airport ACAPULCO,Juan N. Alvarez International
Lounge AEROMEXICO - SALON PREMIER ACAPULCO
Location Landside - Upper Level. Take the stairs in the principal hall.
Opening Hours 06.30 - 21.30 daily. Hours may vary according to flight schedules.
Conditions Maximum of two guests (Children under 12 years have free entry when accompanied by an adult).

I get in with my Priority Pass.

ACA is served by:

National Airlines
Aerolitoral (Guadalajara)
AeroMexico (Mexico City, Tijuana)
Aviacsa (Guadalajara, Mexico City, Tijuana)
Avolar (Hermosillo, Puebla, Tijuana)
Lineas Aereas Azteca (Mexico City)
Magnicharters (Monterrey)
Mexicana (Chicago/O'Hare, Mexico City)
International Airlines
American Airlines (Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth)
Continental Airlines (Houston-Intercontinental, Newark)
Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines (Houston-Intercontinental)
Delta Air Lines (Atlanta) (Starting March 11, 2006)
Northwest Airlines (Detroit)
US Airways
US Airways operated by America West Airlines (Los Angeles, Phoenix)

One of them has a club room...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
At Aca

We had a 2:40 p.m. flight to DFW and when we walked into the ACA airport there was a HUGE line to for those checking luggage. As someone above stated it was for a hand check of your bags. Fortunately for me, my EXP upgrade had cleared and I went to the Business class line which had zero people in it.. All four of us went to this even though one was in J. We had our bags cleared, tickets and were out of the ticketing in ten minutes. We had arrived at 12:25 p.m. for the 2:40 p.m. flight (1:55 p.m. was scheduled boarding) but we didn't board till 2:15 p.m. for some reason.

I saw the Mexicana airline lounge but didn't even try to go in. Maybe I should have as an EXP and an AC member. Oh well. There were a few shops (one eatery) outside security. Inside security (hint go to the security furthers from where you come up the stairs.. as you pass the Mexicana lounge).. there was not one person in that line when we went through.. they were real nice.. also no shoes off, no laptop out.. nothing.. just lay it on the xray and go through..

the other line had maybe 20 people or so in line.

Once inside there are a couple bars, stores and duty free which did have some good prices.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:54 pm

Thanks for the hints and suggestions!!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:47 pm

Thanks, everyone, for the help! ^ Can't wait to leave tomorrow.

Two quick questions:
1. What night clubs did you find the most fun?
2. Exchanged today at AMEX Travel at about 9.5 pesos-$1...where did you find the best xchange rates...ORD currency booth, using an ATM, or using something else down there?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by goheelswks

Two quick questions:
2. Exchanged today at AMEX Travel at about 9.5 pesos-$1...where did you find the best xchange rates...ORD currency booth, using an ATM, or using something else down there?
Avoid changing in the US at all costs...you'll get a bad rate. Last week, I got a minimum of 10.3 pesos/$1 at exchange booths around Acapulco, and slightly better from the ATM. You don't need to have any pesos upon arrival...take some small US bills (10s and 5s) for the cab (they'll take them 10 to 1), and change/use an ATM when you get into town.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
1. can't help ya with clubs
2. Hyatt gave me 10.1 to the dollar; numerous places near the Hyatt were giving 10.35 to the dollar and the place in Wal-mart was a rip off giving 9.65 to the dollar.. my AX translated the peso at 10.36 to the dollar..

Don't change in the USA, you don't need the peso at ACA as the vans, taxi's etc will take US cash heck even the bar at the airport let me give 50 pesos and a one dollar US bill for a 6.00 USD drink

Two quick questions:
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:51 pm
Kaz

getting 10.5 via ATM at zihuatanejo (2 hours north)
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:08 pm

I received an effective rate (Including ATM fee) of 10.5 from the HSBC machine at the Airport. (That is pretty good considering I only took out 150 pesos and the fee was 7.5 pesos). Fortunately, my credit union does not take on any extra atm fees.

Originally Posted by Kaz
getting 10.5 via ATM at zihuatanejo (2 hours north)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.