Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:07 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miguel0881
$60 for water? Carísimo, indeed!
Oops ... conversions get me everytime ... like 60 pesos ... is that better? Still like 50% than a US Costco anyway.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
The Hyatt is indeed on the beach

Originally Posted by Beckles
I had originally booked an award stay at the Hyatt, but after some bad reviews and the fact it's not on the beach
Also wanted to say.. that 8 days after checkout.. still no stay/point credit to GoldPassport
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:15 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
The Hyatt is indeed on the beach
I thought it was across a street from the beach, but either way, I'm still quite happy with where we stayed and don't regret not going with the Hyatt!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:11 pm

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful tips! I'm looking forward to Acapulco.

My husband and I arrive on 1/30 for a week. We enjoy meeting other flyertalkers but we aren't much into partying anymore.

However, if anyone is interested in meeting for a sunset drink, sharing a sightseeing trip or a boating or fishing expedition, please contact me.

We are staying near the Hotel Los Flamingos but so far no rental car. Beckles great rates makes getting a car tempting but I'm wondering if we need it. Would love to hear others' opinions.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:44 pm

anybody going to be there Friday night 2/27/06 PM me.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 4:18 pm

drug killings in ACA

ACAPULCO, Mexico: Drug gangs mowed down three people in a drive-by shooting in Acapulco on Friday, a day after members of a drug cartel in the northern border town of Nuevo Laredo murdered three others and set their bodies on fire.
The killers in the Pacific resort of Acapulco shot their victims in the street in an outlying district of the city, home to 700,000 people.
“The characteristics of the crime show it was an execution by those who are caught up in drugs,” Acapulco Mayor Felix Salgado said.
A feud between rival drug gangs broke out in Acapulco in 2005, surprising Mexicans more used to drug violence on the US border or in the drug-producing states of western Mexico.
Last year, the deputy head of a state police force was shot dead leaving a beachside restaurant and suspected members of a drug gang attacked a police station with grenades.
Tourists have not been involved in the violence and Salgado said the city, popular with US visitors, was safe.
“People involved in illicit activities have problems, but tourists are respected here, they walk about here, they are looked after here,” he said.
More than 1,000 people died in drug killings in Mexico last year, mostly in a fight between the Gulf cartel in northeastern Mexico and an alliance of traffickers from the western state of Sinaloa. – Reuters
Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Jerry--what was the date on the story above?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: Starwood/Bonvoy, Chase Sapphire Reserve
My wife and I will be in ACA March 28-April 1...would be interested in scheduling a fishing trip with some fellow FT-ers...just let me know!

Anyone have any suggestions for fishing outfitters? Price?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
By fishing outfitters, I assume you mean deep-sea fishing?

If so, I HIGHLY recommend www.fish-r-us.com. We used them last week and are VERY happy. A friend and I chartered a 38' boat for just the 2 of us (plus the 3 crew) from 6:00am to 2:30pm for the following cost:
Boat & crew = $315 (tell them you saw their ad on www.acapulco.com for a 10% discount)
fishing license = $12 each
Cold water, pop, and beer on the boat = $1 each
Shuttle service to/from your hotel for $12 each person
Tip for crew = $40 (YMMV)

They all speak english very well, are friendly, and have some of the best equipment.

They helped me catch a 8'3" sailfish.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: Starwood/Bonvoy, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by miller4isu
By fishing outfitters, I assume you mean deep-sea fishing?

If so, I HIGHLY recommend www.fish-r-us.com. We used them last week and are VERY happy. A friend and I chartered a 38' boat for just the 2 of us (plus the 3 crew) from 6:00am to 2:30pm for the following cost:
Boat & crew = $315 (tell them you saw their ad on www.acapulco.com for a 10% discount)
fishing license = $12 each
Cold water, pop, and beer on the boat = $1 each
Shuttle service to/from your hotel for $12 each person
Tip for crew = $40 (YMMV)

They all speak english very well, are friendly, and have some of the best equipment.

They helped me catch a 8'3" sailfish.
Thanks for the info. I will look into them.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:08 pm

unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to go on my trip

I'm thinking of calling AA to cancel and suggest that since I'm technically giving them back a $0 fare that would otherwise cost $400+ it's reasonable for them to give me a full refund. anyone have any input on this idea before I call? to me it sounds like I'm doing them a favor, not the other way around (if anything they should offer me a voucher to cancel :P) but they may want to stick to their rules and I'm out $110...
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by zxcvbs
unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to go on my trip

I'm thinking of calling AA to cancel and suggest that since I'm technically giving them back a $0 fare that would otherwise cost $400+ it's reasonable for them to give me a full refund. anyone have any input on this idea before I call? to me it sounds like I'm doing them a favor, not the other way around (if anything they should offer me a voucher to cancel :P) but they may want to stick to their rules and I'm out $110...
With this logic, I'd argue that since you technically paid $0 for a $400 fare you still owe them money. Once the final payment comes in, a cancellation for a voucher can occur.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by j3823x
With this logic, I'd argue that since you technically paid $0 for a $400 fare you still owe them money. Once the final payment comes in, a cancellation for a voucher can occur.
aww....but if they already agreed to honor the $0 fare, they acknowledge that I don't owe them anything. I'm giving them a chance to back out of it :P
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by zxcvbs
aww....but if they already agreed to honor the $0 fare, they acknowledge that I don't owe them anything. I'm giving them a chance to back out of it :P
So, which leg are you standing on: a $0 fare or a $400 fare? If a $0 fare, they aren't going to give you anything. If a $400 fare, you owe them still.

Anyway, do they actually need the seat? is there Y0 B0 availability on your flights?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by j3823x
So, which leg are you standing on: a $0 fare or a $400 fare? If a $0 fare, they aren't going to give you anything. If a $400 fare, you owe them still.

Anyway, do they actually need the seat? is there Y0 B0 availability on your flights?
yes, as of now there is...anyway, what I'm getting at is, how about AA gives me a break so I'm more inclined to become a regular AA flier

of course technically they don't *have to*, but surely they'd rather try to resell that seat in the next few weeks at regular price, eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.