Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Just wondering. Did they ask any questions?

Pretty sure we're fine but I'm taking nine family members in a couple weeks.

Curiously, the flights don't look near full at all.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:48 am

I was also wondering the same thing. We fly on Jan 2nd. Any info would be helpful.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:06 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I don't fly till March but I really don't see a problem. I traveled on the near-free fares with NW to Europe twice in the past six weeks. No problem. Even almost got bumped off one flight in exchange for a $300 voucher.

The check in people and GA's don't care how much you paid for your ticket. If something was going to happen, it would have happened long before you check in.

Enjoy your time in ACA.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:31 am

I fly on 1/13 (out) and 1/16 (back). I'll report back with my experience soon thereafter. Hotels are kind of pricey down there - we're considering not going since this is supposed to be a bargain-basement trip. But we probably will go.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:35 am

My parents, my brother, and I are leaving on 1/6 and return 1/9. I don't see any issues with the tickets so far and expect no problems.

We're having difficulties with lodging, too. Right now we're trying to swing a timeshare exchange or something like that to make it affordable. Good luck to all, and enjoy sunny ACA!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:38 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Right now we're trying to swing a timeshare exchange or something like that to make it affordable. Good luck to all, and enjoy sunny ACA!
You can usually get the Mayan Palace Acapulco on an RCI Bonus Vacation basis, for around $200 for a week.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AndrewC75
Hotels are kind of pricey down there - we're considering not going since this is supposed to be a bargain-basement trip.
Try Priceline or Hotwire. I got the Avalon Excalibur for $71/night on Hotwire (although I was hoping for the Fiesta Inn).
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
My parents, my brother, and I are leaving on 1/6 and return 1/9. I don't see any issues with the tickets so far and expect no problems.

We're having difficulties with lodging, too. Right now we're trying to swing a timeshare exchange or something like that to make it affordable. Good luck to all, and enjoy sunny ACA!
Try the Crowne Plaza, different weekend, for about $90/night. Not cheap but not expensive. Most importantly, I have some Intercontinental points that coupled with this stay will get me over the 10,000 level to transfer to an airline.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Wife and I are going Jan. 14. Will be interesting to see if zero fare produces AA miles. Hyatt in ACA (on the beach) had 75 -90 night rates 2 days ago but they have since increased. my original club room went down in price 2 weeks ago and I rebooked. Hyatt also has 3K weekend bonus promo going on. Good luck.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by cvg-aa
Will be interesting to see if zero fare produces AA miles.
There is no reason why the tickets should not earn miles. They were booked in Q, which is a mileage-earning bucket in this instance. The cost is irrelevant.

Mike
Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: aa exec plat, spg gold, IC ambassador
Going on Feb 10, and staying at the crown plaza and found an upgrade coupon on the IC forum.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:04 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by rajnyc
Going on Feb 10, and staying at the crown plaza and found an upgrade coupon on the IC forum.
I'm heading from OKC to ACA on January 13-January 18th, also staying at Crowne. Anyone else going to be there?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:30 pm
Kaz

We're going 1/9 - 2/5, will be staying in Zihuatanejo - 2 hours ($6 by bus) north. Considerably less expensive and IMHO nicer (beaches, cleanliness, atmosphere, ...). Less nightlife and partying, less crowds and cost.

Details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=176

Last edited by Kaz; Jan 2, 2006 at 1:47 pm
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:38 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Pardon my ignorance, but what is zero fares? and when did you get this offer?
thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:45 pm
Kaz

Originally Posted by duranza
Pardon my ignorance, but what is zero fares? and when did you get this offer?
thanks!
There was a opportunity to get tickets for $0 + taxes, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493879

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.