Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Pleasantly surprised

Lifetime Status
Nights384
Points598,079

As you can tell, I'm a "cheap date"!

No clue I was this close to lifetime anything...thinking I should hit lifetime gold by the time I retire...not too shabby, considering Marriott is my 3rd or 4th chocice!^
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Actually it's status by the end of the year that counts. So someone earning 75 nights the first year in the program would get zero rollover nights.
You're correct, but in the same vein, so was my math. 405 nights in your first year would give you 330 rollover nights (everything past 75).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:52 pm

So I checked my Lifetime Status tonight and I see this:

Lifetime Status
Nights 1,132
Points 0

I sent them an e-mail asking what happened to my ~1.5 million points. It's also odd that today I received my Lifetime Silver card and then when I checked my account it shows that I am Gold for this year. I thought that they would send me a Gold card for the year even though I am Lifetime Silver. I think that I will be Lifetime Gold soon and that's why I checked the lifetime Status.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:11 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Rockyrat
So I checked my Lifetime Status tonight and I see this:

Lifetime Status
Nights 1,132
Points 0

I sent them an e-mail asking what happened to my ~1.5 million points. It's also odd that today I received my Lifetime Silver card and then when I checked my account it shows that I am Gold for this year. I thought that they would send me a Gold card for the year even though I am Lifetime Silver. I think that I will be Lifetime Gold soon and that's why I checked the lifetime Status.
The system is all messed up at the moment. I have 32 reservations upcoming, and it shows 0 now.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by NDN
The system is all messed up at the moment. I have 32 reservations upcoming, and it shows 0 now.
Earlier this week, my Feb 2015 stays each showed zero points earned. A phone agent told me the actual amount for each stay was included in the total points available, which seemed to be right, but couldn't explain why the stays showed zero points. By the next day, it had corrected itself.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Maybe this person is looking to stop traveling for work, but would still like Platinum treatment for the rest of their life. So LTP is great for that.

I would like to achieve LTP one day because knowing that I will always be platinum is nice. One day I will get off the road so having that status for whenever I take a vacation is a big plus.
Qualifyng LTP in 2011 (or 2012, can't remember) has paid off, I think. Except for 2014 I averaged about 50-60 nights for the last few years and am unlikely to ever go past that in the future.

This year the PLT intangible helped in getting a room change and upgrade in the JW Grosvenor House, and in 2014 was definitely a factor in a long-term stay ( 8 weeks total over 3 months) at the Vail Marriott (a resort property).

The latter stay was for knee reconstruction and follow-up rehab. One factor was that I was given the medical center rate for far longer than usual. Another was complete waiver of the resort fee as well as daily parking. Comped breakfast wasn't offered and I didn't ask for it. I was offered mountainside suites even when the place was pretty full with conference groups. No question this was because I was a PLT based on my interaction with the staff even for the first stay of 2 weeks. I've stayed there many times before and was GLD a few times; definitely a difference as a PLT in my experience. May not be the case for all properties.

I'm at the Marriott Waikiki in 2 weeks. If the resort fee is waived maybe PLT will make a difference this time - it hasn't always in the past.

Last edited by AATrout; Feb 18, 2015 at 9:14 am
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I hit LT Gold with a stay this past weekend. The dashboard updated today:

Gold Lifetime Status
Nights 56x
Points 1,60x,xxx

I'm looking forward to hitting LT Plat in a few more years. Lately my job related travel has slowed down, though, and unless that changes "a few" may be more like 7-8.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by AATrout
Qualifyng LTP in 2011 (or 2012, can't remember) has paid off, I think. Except for 2014 I averaged about 50-60 nights for the last few years and am unlikely to ever go past that in the future.

This year the PLT intangible helped in getting a room change and upgrade in the JW Grosvenor House, and in 2014 was definitely a factor in a long-term stay ( 8 weeks total over 3 months) at the Vail Marriott (a resort property).

The latter stay was for knee reconstruction and follow-up rehab. One factor was that I was given the medical center rate for far longer than usual. Another was complete waiver of the resort fee as well as daily parking. Comped breakfast wasn't offered and I didn't ask for it. I was offered mountainside suites even when the place was pretty full with conference groups. No question this was because I was a PLT based on my interaction with the staff even for the first stay of 2 weeks. I've stayed there many times before and was GLD a few times; definitely a difference as a PLT in my experience. May not be the case for all properties.

I'm at the Marriott Waikiki in 2 weeks. If the resort fee is waived maybe PLT will make a difference this time - it hasn't always in the past.
Did you have it done at Steadman Clinic, and Howard Head Sports Therapy?
I had a similar experience when I had hip surgery there back in 2011. Great place, if I ever need Orthopedic work done, I will be back.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:59 am

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status

So far

307 nights
305,000 points

Collected miles during the first few years; started collecting points just over 1 year ago.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
So far

307 nights
305,000 points

Collected miles during the first few years; started collecting points just over 1 year ago.
It's extremely disappointing that Marriott has chosen to not include any type of points credit for those stays where one collected miles as the reward. I understand the use of points as a proxy for spend, but those who stayed and took miles rather than points still had to pay for the room. Back when Marriott was running double and triple miles promotions (late 90's), I had numerous paid stays that effectively received no points credit towards lifetime status.

773 nights
1,164,000 points
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by MileKing
It's extremely disappointing that Marriott has chosen to not include any type of points credit for those stays where one collected miles as the reward. I understand the use of points as a proxy for spend, but those who stayed and took miles rather than points still had to pay for the room. Back when Marriott was running double and triple miles promotions (late 90's), I had numerous paid stays that effectively received no points credit towards lifetime status.

773 nights
1,164,000 points
I think that's because Marriott has to buy the miles from the airline to award them to you. With points there is no cost (as it's their own "currency") so they incentive earning points over miles.
At least, that's my understanding.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Lifetime Status
Nights 153
Points 705,944

As my earn rate vs nights is lopsided, I wish they offered an incentive for points only.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by mspreh
Did you have it done at Steadman Clinic, and Howard Head Sports Therapy?
I had a similar experience when I had hip surgery there back in 2011. Great place, if I ever need Orthopedic work done, I will be back.
Mine was Vail Summit Orthopedics for surgery, surgeon was Bill Sterett, the guy who has Lindsay Vonn as a patient. Yep, Howard Head for rehab - they have 2 locations in Vail, one at the medical center, the other in the US Bank building where Vail Summit Ortho is located. The Vail Marriott staff has an Audi A8 and an Expedition for shuttling guests around locally. Did that a number of times if I didn’t want to take the free bus, which was only 4 minutes from either HH location.

The thread recent context being PLT status and its utility in guest benefits - I don’t think the guys driving me around knew I was a PLT, but if that aspect was as solid as it was, it’s reasonable to expect you’ll get great treatment from the front desk folks as a PLT. [I don’t know if the front desk team at any property knows if you are LTP or that you are simply a PLT at that time. Maybe someone else can answer that one.]

In fact, I go back tomorrow for an appointment and 5 or 6 sessions at HH over a week and look forward to seeing the Vail Marriott staff again.

Last edited by AATrout; Feb 20, 2015 at 5:05 pm
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Lifetime Status
Nights 153
Points 705,944

As my earn rate vs nights is lopsided, I wish they offered an incentive for points only.
And I'm glad they don't. Lifetime should be for those who've spent a significant number of nights in hotels.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
And I'm glad they don't. Lifetime should be for those who've spent a significant number of nights in hotels.
Except that in theory you don't need a single actual hotel stay night to earn Marriott lifetime status.

You can earn hotel nights from the credit card (15/year, plus 1 for every $3000 spend). Yes, it takes an unreasonable amount of spend to get up to even 500 nights this way alone, but the point is you don't need all 500 / 750 nights or anything near that to be from hotel stays.

And then there's this too:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-required.html

It earns you Plat status by earning 80 nights, so just repeat this no more than 10 times and you've got lifetime 800 nights without any stays. Btw, if you time it right, to get maximum rollover, you can do it even less than 10 repeats. For example, if you do it 5 times in one year, won't you get 400 nights, 325 of which will roll over and count again the next year? But: I think you're going to be very short on the lifetime points component, though, if this is how you get to 750 lifetime nights!

Perhaps knowing about these tricks helps explain why it requires both lifetime nights and liftetime points, since it's a lot easier to trick out getting just one of those but not that easy to trick out getting both of those without many real stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.