Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I created this new thread by moving 120 posts from the long and unwieldy Paris "family" thread that went back to 2000. You can still read pre-2014 posts here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...re-2014-a.html

Bruce
Old May 4, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Skymiles Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by michelin
I have stayed at both and it's a tough call. Both offer good breakfasts in the restaurant for Gold / Plat (no lounge in either). Room / upgrade may be better and larger at the Arc de Triomphe because the rooms are generally larger there.

Arc de Triomphe is a very modern, contemporary hotel, while Vendome is more understated and has more of a boutique feel. If it matters, Vendome has an indoor pool.

The neighborhoods are very different. With Arc de Triomphe, you turn right out of the hotel and in 5-10 minutes you are at the Arc de Triomphe. Turn left, and you are in a really nice neighborhood with few tourists. With Vendome, you are at the Tuilerries and close to the Louvre which will make for a very nice romantic walk.

I am returning in January and it was a tough decision. I went with Vendome partly because I want easier walking access to the Saint Germain / left bank.

I hope this helps. You really can't go too wrong. I will say that the Champs Elysee location has never appealed to me.
thanks very much! its quite a tough decision. i'm booked at both right now and will make a decision soon enough!!
Old May 13, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
We stayed at the Arc du Triomphe property as part of our honeymoon in April, and it was great for us! The location was really fantastic - easy to get to the metro and get anywhere you wanted to go - easy to walk down to the Eiffel Tower, easy to walk down the Champs Elysee, and cabs weren't too expensive when we didn't feel like talking public transportation. (Side note - there was apparently a celebrity staying on property while we were there - teenage girls were camped outside the hotel - but they did a great job of putting up barricades and minimizing the disruption for guests.)

We had a third floor architectural room facing the street, but we could not hear any noise. The lights on the outside of the building were easily blocks with the curtains. Room was a good size, bed was comfortable, bathroom was useful although I wasn't very good at keeping the water in the shower.

Staff was fantastically nice and tolerated me as I tripped over my French. They gave us several options for our platinum arrival gift - we opted for the box of chocolates and bottled water. We were offered free breakfast in the restaurant as platinum, but opted for the points instead.

Overall, it was a great stay and the location was great. I think I would like to try Trocadero or Vendome next time for a different feel, but we were very happy with our choice.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:52 am
Suspended

Anyone stay at the Renaissance La Defense property? I understand that a rooms renovation is in full swing and was wondering if there is anything interesting to see in the immediate vicinity, as well?
Old May 18, 2015, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by WalruSara
We stayed at the Arc du Triomphe property as part of our honeymoon in April, and it was great for us! The location was really fantastic - easy to get to the metro and get anywhere you wanted to go - easy to walk down to the Eiffel Tower, easy to walk down the Champs Elysee, and cabs weren't too expensive when we didn't feel like talking public transportation. (Side note - there was apparently a celebrity staying on property while we were there - teenage girls were camped outside the hotel - but they did a great job of putting up barricades and minimizing the disruption for guests.)

We had a third floor architectural room facing the street, but we could not hear any noise. The lights on the outside of the building were easily blocks with the curtains. Room was a good size, bed was comfortable, bathroom was useful although I wasn't very good at keeping the water in the shower.

Staff was fantastically nice and tolerated me as I tripped over my French. They gave us several options for our platinum arrival gift - we opted for the box of chocolates and bottled water. We were offered free breakfast in the restaurant as platinum, but opted for the points instead.

Overall, it was a great stay and the location was great. I think I would like to try Trocadero or Vendome next time for a different feel, but we were very happy with our choice.
Thanks for the update - and congrats on wedding/honeymoon.

Cheers.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Anyone stay at the Renaissance La Defense property? I understand that a rooms renovation is in full swing and was wondering if there is anything interesting to see in the immediate vicinity, as well?
I stayed there last summer (July 4th weekend) so can't speak to the room renovation project. I can say that the rooms were fine/clean, but could certainly benefit from a freshening to make them more up to date.

If you're travelling for leisure, then no, there really isn't anything of interest nearby for most American tourists who want to see Paris. The hotel is in an area of office buildings and a few large shopping complexes built in the 70's and 80's I believe. That said, the hotel is an easy 2-block-ish walk from a large train and Metro station so it's very easy to get back and forth, including to and from the airport if you're comfortable with public transit and don't have large luggage. The biggest disadvantage to being so far out is that you may want to return in the afternoon to freshen up and head out again in the evenings; you just have to allow the time for that or you'll be having dinner in the hotel or in one of the nearby shopping malls.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
I stayed there last summer (July 4th weekend) so can't speak to the room renovation project. I can say that the rooms were fine/clean, but could certainly benefit from a freshening to make them more up to date.

If you're travelling for leisure, then no, there really isn't anything of interest nearby for most American tourists who want to see Paris. The hotel is in an area of office buildings and a few large shopping complexes built in the 70's and 80's I believe. That said, the hotel is an easy 2-block-ish walk from a large train and Metro station so it's very easy to get back and forth, including to and from the airport if you're comfortable with public transit and don't have large luggage. The biggest disadvantage to being so far out is that you may want to return in the afternoon to freshen up and head out again in the evenings; you just have to allow the time for that or you'll be having dinner in the hotel or in one of the nearby shopping malls.
Thanks very much, Bruce. Just using it as a gap filler between 2 stays at the Radisson Blu Champs Elysee where I will be running off some of my Club Carlson points. It appears to be a very easy connection between the 2 hotels what with a 5 min walk on each end to/from the metro station and a couple of stops on the RER line.

Was able to get a weekend price with breakfast, for about $115/night so it will do, especially since the hotel should have completed its rooms renovation by then.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k, MR Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Regarding the Ren Trocadero, we stayed there last September for a week.

Wife's first time in Paris, and she says: quiet and attractive neighborhood, a little retreat from the exceedingly touristy parts of the city, lovely garden courtyard, good breakfast, nice rooms. Would stay again (ed's note: especially on points).

I originally had reservations at the C-E, and switched to this one instead after reading many reviews. The Vendome was full, or we would have considered staying there.

Had a number of correspondences with the concierge before arriving, and they helped me make a number of dinner reservations. Once we were there, some of the the staff was considerably more helpful than others.

If you're visiting, enjoy! Wherever you stay, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:59 pm

Here's what I have in the exec lounge sticky for Paris properties. A couple have recent updates, but the others are from 2012, 2013, 2014 so any updates appreciated (and date you know your update was accurate). Thx.

* Paris / Marriott Champs-Elysees / NO LOUNGE/ Cont'l brekkie daily; 07/13 update

* Paris/ Marriott Rive Gauche / Open for soft drinks/snacks; Breakfast in restaurant on weekends (during peak time in the summer through end of September, lounge is open for breakfast); appetizers served on Fri eves but not Sun eve; i-net terminals & free wifi; No children under 15 without adult; 05/22/15 update

* Paris / Marriott Opera Ambassador / CLOSED; Full breakfast in restaurant on weekends; key accessible for soft drinks/coffee; 05/14 update

* Paris / Renaissance Paris Vendome / No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday; 09/04/14 update

* Paris / Renaissance Parc Trocadero / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast everyday; 08/05/14 update

* Paris / Renaissance Arc de Triomphe / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast; 1/12 update

* Paris / Renaissance La Defense / CLOSED; Full breakfast in restaurant; key accessible for soft drinks; i-net terminals; 04/12/15 update

* Paris / Charles De Gaulle Airport Marriott / NO LOUNGE; Free breakfast coupon, per person at the downstairs restaurant / 2 free drink coupons at the bar, per person/per night. It's also worth noting that you can use as many coupons as you'd like at the bar. For example, for 1 person on a 3 night stay, you'd have 6 coupons you can use the first night; 08/24/14 update
Old May 22, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Was at the C-E this month. Marriott C-E gives full buffet breakfast to plats (don't know for sure about golds) or 750 points. If you don't use the breakfast voucher some days turn them in at check-out and get your points instead. Nice amenity choice on check-in; we had the fruit and cheese tray. Staff was great; didn't get a C-E view room but got a very large room with a sort of balcony. Large bathroom with separate tub and shower.

We switched our reservation from the Ren Trocadero. The reviews have gotten much better, and the former GM from the Ren is now at the C-E. Just can't beat the location for "tourists."
Old May 26, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by melroseman
Was at the C-E this month. Marriott C-E gives full buffet breakfast to plats (don't know for sure about golds) or 750 points. If you don't use the breakfast voucher some days turn them in at check-out and get your points instead. Nice amenity choice on check-in; we had the fruit and cheese tray. Staff was great; didn't get a C-E view room but got a very large room with a sort of balcony. Large bathroom with separate tub and shower.

We switched our reservation from the Ren Trocadero. The reviews have gotten much better, and the former GM from the Ren is now at the C-E. Just can't beat the location for "tourists."
Thanks for the brekkie info. I've updated the sticky.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by WalruSara
We stayed at the Arc du Triomphe property...We had a third floor architectural room facing the street
Noticed the architectural room as an option on the website, but couldn't understand what made the room different. Could you help with this?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:47 am

Question

Sorry if this had been asked and answered. I did a search but nothing came up.

A family of four staying in the same room at Ambassador Opera, one is platinum. Do all four get breakfasts and lounge access? (I remember in Hong Kong, only two were free, 3rd and 4th guests had to pay.)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
Sorry if this had been asked and answered. I did a search but nothing came up.

A family of four staying in the same room at Ambassador Opera, one is platinum. Do all four get breakfasts and lounge access? (I remember in Hong Kong, only two were free, 3rd and 4th guests had to pay.)
When I stayed at the Ambassador, there was no attendant. Just use your key to enter...so shouldn't matter how many guests in your family. I found the lounge and breakfast very basic...just a way to start your day.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if the lounge at the Ambassador Opera is still closed on the weekend?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.