Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:00 am

Complimenary internet for all members

The HKG SkyCity provides complimentary internet access for all Marriott Rewards members, regardless of status. Newcomers can even join MR at the hotel. As to official policy, the following archived regional announcement still applies.

Free High-Speed Internet Access for All Marriott Rewards Members at Hotels in Asia Pacific and Australia

Marriott Rewards Logo HONG KONG, April 29, 2011 – All Marriott Rewards members, no matter what level of the programme they have achieved, will now receive complimentary in-room high-speed internet access at JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels® and Courtyard by Marriott® hotels in Asia Pacific, including Australia, China (including Hong Kong), Guam, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

“Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region for Marriott Rewards, and we feel that complimentary high-speed internet access will make Marriott International hotels the first choice for business travellers,” said Simon Cooper, President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Marriott International. “You can’t put a price on staying connected. So we don’t.”

Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum elite members already receive free high-speed internet worldwide. Marriott Rewards is free to join and has no blackout dates on redemption stays. Members can earn and redeem points at more than 3,400 Marriott International hotels around the world, including Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, and Marriott Vacation Club® as well as at participating Ritz-Carlton Hotels around the world. Members can also redeem points for frequent flyer miles, cruises, car rentals, merchandise and more.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:13 pm

I can confirm that it's free wifi for all MR members (elite and non-elite).

I can also confirm that breakfast there is awesome.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
E-mail address for Hotel.

By chance does anyone have a e-mail address contact for this property? Thank you.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you have a PM.........

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
By chance does anyone have a e-mail address contact for this property? Thank you.
Old May 27, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
you have a PM.........
Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:59 pm

The lobby restaurant breakfast buffet is really awesome. The variety is extensive and reminds me of the Westin Tokyo. They even have a crepe station.

When it comes to information the staff is useless. Do not depend on what they tell you for anything.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The lobby restaurant breakfast buffet is really awesome. The variety is extensive and reminds me of the Westin Tokyo. They even have a crepe station.

When it comes to information the staff is useless. Do not depend on what they tell you for anything.
Agree with the first part, disagree with the second part.
Have always had great staff members every stay I have had there.
They even recognize me now. The Concierge Lounge attendant are also great.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Marriott SkyCity Hong Kong - Good for Disneyland visit?

Hi all,

I think my title gave it all up. Our family is planning on visiting HK Disneyland. Does anyone have any experience in staying at the Marriott SkyCity? We are trying to stay away from staying in the city since Disney is quite far from it and closer to the airport. It's the closest Marriott hotel I can find around there. But I am not sure how close it actually is from the Disney park and whether there's a convenient way to go and back. I guess we can always cab it from the hotel to the park.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The hotel is fairly decent for an airport hotel. It is much nicer than most airport hotels in the United States. They have a shuttle that runs to Disneyland, the nearby outlet mall and one of the MTR stops. It is obviously not as nice as the JW Marriott by the Admiralty MTR stop, but it has a nice executive lounge with a decent restaurant breakfast buffet and gives complimentary suite upgrades to platinum guests. I don't know if you will get a suite upgrade as a gold, but breakfast should be taken in the restaurant unless you have an early flight since the lounge breakfast is bare bones.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Thank you for your input.
We are staying at the JW Marriott at Admiralty as well during our visit after we are done with Disney. Can't wait.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think staying there first is perfect. The shuttle to the hotel from the airport is great, very fast. I'd do one day at the park and one day doing the gondola to the big buddha before moving downtown.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Review

Hi guys

Please see below the link to the part of my recent Trip Report that reviews the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott. I hope you enjoy!

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Review

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this a trip report on FT or are you pushing some other website or your own blog? I personally never click such links.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this a trip report on FT or are you pushing some other website or your own blog? I personally never click such links.
It is a link to the relevant post within a Trip Report on FT. I am not pushing anything - I just thought that folks may want to read about the hotel without reading the whole report - and it is a Marriott........

aks120
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:59 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by aks120
It is a link to the relevant post within a Trip Report on FT.
That's a great way of bringing relevant information from an FT trip report back to the forum. I wish we had an automated way to do so but we don't. Thank you for taking the time to post the link .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.